Facebook: Shadow Profiles (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry McCockinner

Forum Veteran
.........Well EVERYBODY by now has to know that EVERYBODY knows 'er is short for are.That means it comes down to getting upset wether a person hits a certain key or not when typing.Its ignorance when you think people don't know the difference.Cant call someone lazy for not moving there finger 2 inches.That just sounds silly.To be honest if someone gets upset when they realize somebody didn't hit a certain key on there laptop when typing,it sounds like they got issues of there own,and What other meaning less things do people in there life have to hear them rant about
Green text - I disagree. I think the majority of people on FB (and the internet in general) don't know the difference and that is why I said they are ignorant.
Blue text - It is lazy. After all, it's only "2 inches". What else could it be, ignorance? I think kids these days, and a lot of adults, don't know the basics of grammar and correct punctuation. Facebook (and the internet in general) serves to bring this fact to light. To use shortcuts (LOL for Laugh Out Load, for example) is one thing, but not knowing the difference between they're, their, and there, or your and you're, or even no, know, and now is a whole other thing.

I understand people online use various non-conventional ways of communicating, but when those ways confuse the average somewhat educated reader, they sometimes need to spell it or do it correctly.

Back