disaster Fire Ignites At Gas Pump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Knightro2000

Educating Morons is Eradication of Entertainment
That guy who drove away burning fuel tank has never played a single game or have watched any Hollywood action movie

GarGoil

Forum Veteran
Check out the intensity of the flames before and after a shovel of snow/water was thrown on the flames.

1702076987782.png

1702077049379.png

Can'tSleep

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
On a cold, dry day, touch the body of your car BEFORE you begin refueling and away from your fuel cap. That way, if you have a static spark, you won't start a fire.

I had a closer look and I believe this fool used a lighter to see how full it was. You are correct though.

Russellmark11

Mcsnacks
Why did it do that? seems weird.
Because of the oxygen being released that's trapped in the ice.

I had a closer look and I believe this fool used a lighter to see how full it was. You are correct though.
It's near impossible to ignite gasoline with static electricity. Scientists tried an experiment with it and after trying 2000 times they were unsuccessful. They said it's due to gasoline needing at least 2-3 seconds of ignition temp before it will ignite and a static spark is around 1 second.

Last edited:

Adam_Zapple

Well Known Member

It's near impossible to ignite gasoline with static electricity. Scientists tried an experiment with it and after trying 2000 times they were unsuccessful. They said it's due to gasoline needing at least 2-3 seconds of ignition temp before it will ignite and a static spark is around 1 second.
You seem reasonably intelligent, and have some knowledge about a few things, which is commendable... Yet you let yourself down at times by writing utter twattery. I know I'm a cunt, but I'm a reasonable (and most often, fair) cunt, and I call things the way that I see them. What you say, above, makes sense to me, even though I have no direct understanding, living in a very mild (and often times) temperate climate as I do.

Knightro2000

Educating Morons is Eradication of Entertainment
@Adam_Zapple are you hating so much on me coz I said stuff about that new girl?😅

Good job science guy,
But if you give more attention you'll see the car was on all the time! That's what caused the fire

Watch again and see how quickly he was able to start the car
He didn't, car's engine was already running

Attachments

• IMG_20231209_122417.jpg
    IMG_20231209_122417.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20231209_122139.jpg
    IMG_20231209_122139.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
Check out the intensity of the flames before and after a shovel of snow/water was thrown on the flames.

View attachment 731772

View attachment 731773
Why did it do that? seems weird.

There is nothing weird about that at all. It's what happens when you throw water on flaming gasoline or oil. I'm shocked that anybody educated in a first world country would find that weird.

I learned in kindergarten and first grade that you shouldn't do that and in fourth grade or so why you shouldn't do that.

Adam_Zapple

Well Known Member
@Adam_Zapple are you hating so much on me coz I said stuff about that new girl?😅
Not at all, and I'm sorry that you feel I'm 'hating' on you. I would assume that we're both adults (given that this is supposed to be for 18+), and from time to time adults are not always going to see eye to eye. I'm sure that there has been a 'few' things I've written on these forums that you have disagreed with, and that's your prerogative. There have been a few things that you've written that I have disagreed with, and that's my prerogative.

Either way, I try to remain fair, and impartial, with my comments, unless you act like a cunt then I'm going to let you have it with both barrels (see my interactions with @AhMadMeninist and @scott13214 for examples). I hope this clarifies things regarding our previous interactions.

Russellmark11

Mcsnacks
You seem reasonably intelligent, and have some knowledge about a few things, which is commendable... Yet you let yourself down at times by writing utter twattery. I know I'm a cunt, but I'm a reasonable (and most often, fair) cunt, and I call things the way that I see them. What you say, above, makes sense to me, even though I have no direct understanding, living in a very mild (and often times) temperate climate as I do.
Well I also saw them try it on Mythbusters. And it didn't work for them either. I think they even tried a spark from a cell phone battery.

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality

It's not because oxygen is trapped in the snow, it's because gasoline and oil do not mix with water. Attempting to extinguish petrol and cooking oil fueled fires with water will cause the flames to flare up and spread.

Who were the scientists and what conditions did they conduct their tests in? Humidity reduces static build up and the likelihood of igniting fuel vapors with a spark. Cold dry air increases the possibility of it happening. Extremely cold, dry air causes greater static build up and stronger, longer static discharges.

Back