Football argument prompted dad's fatal shooting of teenage son, Morgan County sheriff says (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

00Unkn0wn

Fresh Meat
bilde

An apparent fight over when to quit watching football turned deadly Sunday when authorities say a Morgan County man fatally shot his teenage son.

David Carrender, 49, was arrested on a preliminary murder charge after his son, 19-year-old Wyatt Carrender, was shot to death in the family’s Martinsville home.

Morgan County Sheriff Robert Downey said the Carrenders had been out watching football games when they started fighting over whether to return home.

The arguing continued once the pair returned home, Downey said. “It appears the father retrieved a handgun and shot his son, it appears, six times.”

Downey said David Carrender is believed to have been drinking.

The house is in the northeast part of the county in the 6600 block of Crooked Creek Drive,, a Morgan County dispatcher said Sunday.

The father’s girlfriend and the son’s girlfriend also were with the Carrenders when the incident happened, Downey said.

David Carrender does not have an arrest record in Morgan County.

Wyatt Carrender’s driver’s license lists a Bloomington address, a Morgan County dispatcher said, though Downey said Wyatt Carrender is believed to have been living with his father at the time.

Formal charges against David Carrender will likely be filed Tuesday, Downey said. An autopsy on Wyatt Carrender’s body also is expected to be performed Tuesday.

Additional details about the incident were unavailable Monday.

GoreErectus

Forum Veteran
Fuckin' Stupid! What is wrong with these straight guys? "It's all about the game, man. " No, you're a fuckin' moron, that's what's goin' on. The games are about as important as Kim Kardashian :'/

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
Wow and I thought my family was disfuctional :shrug:this is really sad :( rott in prison bastard :finger:

W

Witchfynde

Internet Warrior
Hey - Psycho Lady - I wonder what will happen if the Broncos WIN the Super Bowl this year .... { see above } ............ Oh what am I saying the Broncos win the Super Bowl .... HA .... HA .... not fucking likely !!!

girl101

Forum Veteran
got killed over a football game, what a sad waste of a young life. the father should have killed himself first.

Pixiedust

Serial Killer has been made.....
I love footbal and I am on 7 fantasy leagues......but I dont get upset enough to shoot anyone over comments on what teams I like or player I dislike....what could an argument with your own flesh and blood make you sooooo angry you want to kill them.....karmas a bitch....dont drop the soap old man...or youll be someones bitch

Back