Fuel expensive?Buy a diesel and run it on cooking oil and alcohol... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

LjDes

Deviant
Well there ya go, diesel's $2.35/litre up here in my neck neck of the woods. Imagine if you ran cooking oil from a seafood restaurant @Brainfart. You'd be like the Pied Piper of cats lol

mrln

silent ghost
i forgot where i saw an article,that people are getting busted for "stealing" used cooking oil thats stored in their containers outside of restaurants. and im not talking plastic jug containers. im talking the big metal dumpster, looking kind of containers. people are syphoning from there.

DokraOwl

Hooter
I did this for years back during the Great Recession. Only I didn't just use cooking oil, I used everything and anything and just mixed it all up. People don't realize most OG diesel engines don't care what they burn really just as long as it's a heavy oil based substance of some kind. Ran the engine on motor oil just fine. Ran it on kerosene. On used vegetable oil. On home made Bio-diesel. You can't really get used cooking oil near me anymore so used engine oil it is for now.

Mark328

Eggs are Eggs
It only works on OLD diesels, would be a death sentence to a new diesel engine. I ran a 15 yr old diesel on chip shop oil here in UK, stank of cod and chips at motorway speed

Vwj

NewbieX
It only works on OLD diesels, would be a death sentence to a new diesel engine. I ran a 15 yr old diesel on chip shop oil here in UK, stank of cod and chips at motorway speed
Try sitting behind one running on paraffin 😂

Gone crazy back soon

Farts in elevators
I have run bio diesel and waste veggie oil in diesels before. WVO is difficult to get clean enough I had constant problems with clogged injectors and fouled fuel filters. Bio diesel gels too early at about 50° F. Where I live it gets that cool at night almost year round so it didn't work out for me. Propane or methanol injection works much better.

Back