George Washington, First US President, Voted Britain's Greatest Enemy (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

mrln

silent ghost
LONDON, April 15 (Reuters) - American revolutionary leader George Washington has been voted the greatest enemy commander to face Britain, lauded for his spirit of endurance against the odds and the enormous impact of his victory.

In a contest organised by the National Army Museum, Washington triumphed over Irish independence hero Michael Collins, France's Napoleon Bonaparte, German Field Marshal Erwin Rommel and Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the founder of modern Turkey.

Making the case for Washington, historian Stephen Brumwell said the American War of Independence (1775-83) was "the worst defeat for the British Empire ever."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl5|sec1_lnk2&pLid=152489

Torque Button

"boo fucking hoo" "Die in a fire"
This user was banned
He owned slaves, grew weed, bootlegged alcohol and fought with a militia. He would be serving a life sentence in a federal penitentiary if he attempted this today.

wtf happened

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
George Washington was a pretty cool guy. Would have really loved to shake his hand or go out drinking with him. He'd put me under the table in short order though probably.

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
George Washington was a pretty cool guy. Would have really loved to shake his hand or go out drinking with him. He'd put me under the table in short order though probably.
And give you 4 different diseases from that single handshake.

All-n-all, I can't agree with them more. They have to give him respect through, small army out smarted a huge army and to top it all off, got another country to help out. All without leaving (well too far at least) continent.

Back