Historical/Ancient - Suicides | Executions | Martyrdoms | Wars | Disasters (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Gored

murdersketeer
If technology to take pictures and record videos existed throughout ancient history, which moment in time, particularly the goriest and one that relates to gore, would you want to see? There are a few I think
would be pretty cool

Black Death - aftermath footage or images of the black death, flourished medieval towns, cities and kingdoms reduced to nothing - bodies piling in the streets - plague doctors skouting - general societal turmoil (mass murder, robberies, famine, cannibalism etc)

michael_wolgemut_-_dance_of_death_-_wga25860.jpg

Crucifixion of Christ - it would be cool to Christ's crucifixion - flagellation, carrying the cross through angry mobs to the execution site - i imagine the footage would be really shaky, grainy, and be shit just in general

5_Andrea_di_Bartolo._Way_to_Calvary._c._1400,_Thissen-Bornhemisza_coll._Madrid.jpg

Martyrdom of Saint Sebastian - This Execution in particular is my favorite because according to legend, Sebastian was executed under the hail of hundreds of arrows - leaving his whole body to look like a "sea urchin"

Sodoma_003.jpg

Battle at Stamford Bridge - Of course who wouldn't want to see any pictures or footage of ancient wars and battles, this is ultimately the "final" battle that ended the Viking age of medieval Scavandania and it was brutish bloody battle

1200px-Battle_of_Stamford_Bridge,_full.png

I couldn't find any "notable" historical suicides that were worth mentioning here but if anybody knows any feel free to post them. What bloody event in history do you think would be fun to watch?

Rabidface

Forum Veteran
Wouldn't surprise me lol
Same here. They are supposed to have all kinds of amazing things and the library will be unbelievable. I saw something the other day about Pope John Paul II doing several exorcisms even while he was the boss! I found that very interesting. Alexander the Great had a library of books from all over the world he collected while taking over everywhere and the library was burnt down. Whatever was able to be saved is said to be in the Vatican.

Rabidface

Forum Veteran
Also Rolling stone magazine did a copy of the martyrdom of Saint Sebastian on their front cover with Muhammad Ali with the arrows in him. This was due to him refusing the draft, not wanting to kill Vietnamese people as none of them ever called him a nigger.

Gored

murdersketeer
Same here. They are supposed to have all kinds of amazing things and the library will be unbelievable. I saw something the other day about Pope John Paul II doing several exorcisms even while he was the boss! I found that very interesting. Alexander the Great had a library of books from all over the world he collected while taking over everywhere and the library was burnt down. Whatever was able to be saved is said to be in the Vatican.
Yes I would love to see all of the shit they have in there haha

chowcat

Meow
If technology to take pictures and record videos existed throughout ancient history, which moment in time, particularly the goriest and one that relates to gore, would you want to see? There are a few I think
would be pretty cool

Black Death - aftermath footage or images of the black death, flourished medieval towns, cities and kingdoms reduced to nothing - bodies piling in the streets - plague doctors skouting - general societal turmoil (mass murder, robberies, famine, cannibalism etc)

View attachment 497538

Crucifixion of Christ - it would be cool to Christ's crucifixion - flagellation, carrying the cross through angry mobs to the execution site - i imagine the footage would be really shaky, grainy, and be shit just in general

View attachment 497540

Martyrdom of Saint Sebastian - This Execution in particular is my favorite because according to legend, Sebastian was executed under the hail of hundreds of arrows - leaving his whole body to look like a "sea urchin"

View attachment 497541

Battle at Stamford Bridge - Of course who wouldn't want to see any pictures or footage of ancient wars and battles, this is ultimately the "final" battle that ended the Viking age of medieval Scavandania and it was brutish bloody battle

View attachment 497543

I couldn't find any "notable" historical suicides that were worth mentioning here but if anybody knows any feel free to post them. What bloody event in history do you think would be fun to watch?
how bout the last stand of King Leonidas and his 300

Unknownabyss

[REDACTED]
Aztecs doing sacrifices- would be very interesting on how they would chop up the person and make them into the well known dish pozole with their meat, interesting stuff.

Be happy⚕

Vacant, Composed
They managed naval battles in the coliseum
How is what I'd like to know
No description fly's with me lmao..

Otherwise,
Battle of cannae for sadistic reasons

Or.. yes..
Subutai dining atop his defeated foes after the battle of the kalka river..

Mostly I'd like to see what happens to the guy they throw to the giant maw in the desert in that star wars movie
1617841236642.png

But that was a long long time ago

I suppose for pure gore reasons, Various medieval tortures... Gladiatorial mid game executions.. flaying, death by a thousand cuts..hang draw and quarter, vlad and his poles,

Ah, who had the hollow brass bull with the throat horn.. could put a prisoner in there, light a fire beneath and his screams would work the horn....
All whilst you enjoyed some fava beans and a nice chianti

hoze123

its boring , entertain me
would be pretty cool

View attachment 497538

View attachment 497540

View attachment 497541

View attachment 497543

i would follow genghis khan on his numerous raids like a documentary crew

Back