Historical/Ancient - Suicides | Executions | Martyrdoms | Wars | Disasters (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

McM

ARSELING
The full story of Sodom and Gomorrha visualized (but without the homo stuff), especially the end.

Sodom.jpg

WickedMal

đź–¤ Death đź–¤
Super Moderator
Pretty original post, regarding the subject of your publication, I found a photo of Martha Place - the first person in history who be electrocuted
Nope. that's a picture of Ruth Snyder, the first picture of an electric chair execution. No picture of Martha Place, who was the first woman executed in the chair.

Varmint Hunter

I'd go to hell just to shoot the Devil in the face
the black death is still around so we have pics of what people would have lookedView attachment 499368View attachment 499369View attachment 499370View attachment 499371 like

There is a lot of evidence and documented by some virologists, that the real Black Death of medieval Europe was NOT caused by bubonic plague, but by a hemorrhagic virus possibly brought from sub-Saharan Africa by Muslim traders.

Real bubonic plague is NOT that contagious, and must use flea vectors to spread far. Modern cases of bubonic plague does not require healthcare workers to be decked out in hazmat nor does it require isolation rooms. The medieval plague spread faster than a flame in a field of dried grass and sometimes annihilated entire cities in merely days.

There were NO mention of large infestations of rats in medieval plague accounts, and rats are needed for bubonic plague to manifest.

Europe also has a population which has a VERY LARGE number of people who carry an immunity gene to HIV. There is a chance that the medieval plague virus may have shared parts of it's genome with HIV, just like even COVID-19 has a part of it's genetic material identical to a section of an HIV viral coat, as was found in 2021.

After the Crusades and Mongol occupation opened up trade in the Middle East on a level as had never seen before, Muslim traders and caravans traveled deep into Africa in search of exotic plants, fruits, and animals. A virus previously unknown to the human population, lurking deep in a sub-Saharan rainforest, would easily have hitched a ride on an Arab or Mongol caravan heading back up north into the Middle East.

Is.this.4.real

"Bark Bark Bark!" Don't know when to stop. "Bark!"
If technology to take pictures and record videos existed throughout ancient history, which moment in time, particularly the goriest and one that relates to gore, would you want to see? There are a few I think
would be pretty cool

Black Death - aftermath footage or images of the black death, flourished medieval towns, cities and kingdoms reduced to nothing - bodies piling in the streets - plague doctors skouting - general societal turmoil (mass murder, robberies, famine, cannibalism etc)

View attachment 497538

Crucifixion of Christ - it would be cool to Christ's crucifixion - flagellation, carrying the cross through angry mobs to the execution site - i imagine the footage would be really shaky, grainy, and be shit just in general

View attachment 497540

Martyrdom of Saint Sebastian - This Execution in particular is my favorite because according to legend, Sebastian was executed under the hail of hundreds of arrows - leaving his whole body to look like a "sea urchin"

View attachment 497541

Battle at Stamford Bridge - Of course who wouldn't want to see any pictures or footage of ancient wars and battles, this is ultimately the "final" battle that ended the Viking age of medieval Scavandania and it was brutish bloody battle

View attachment 497543

I couldn't find any "notable" historical suicides that were worth mentioning here but if anybody knows any feel free to post them. What bloody event in history do you think would be fun to watch?
syria-damascus-musee-national-de-damas-12th-century-surrender-of-richard-i-lionheart-before-sa...jpg

The Crusades were a series of religious wars initiated, supported, and sometimes directed by the Latin Church in the medieval period. The best known of these Crusades are those to the Holy Land in the period between 1095 and 1291 that were intended to recover Jerusalem and its surrounding area from Islamic rule.

McM

ARSELING
Teutoburg Forest was pretty crazy for slaughter.
Just watched this guy recently which was also a good one.

I did watch his video recently about how they removed the arrow from king Henry V.'s head. If I got everything right they had a servant during the procedure who had to suck out the goo, blood, and puss out of the wound by mouth after the doctor had to let it ripe for a certain time because he had to invent a special instrument first.
Great coincidence btw; I started to read a historical novel about Agincourt yesterday. From the view of a longbowman and very well researched.

Broadsword

Rookie
I did watch his video recently about how they removed the arrow from king Henry V.'s head. If I got everything right they had a servant during the procedure who had to suck out the goo, blood, and puss out of the wound by mouth after the doctor had to let it ripe for a certain time because he had to invent a special instrument first.
Great coincidence btw; I started to read a historical novel about Agincourt yesterday. From the view of a longbowman and very well researched.
"Agincourt" by Bernard Cornwell? I've read it, great book.
(Sorry for the off-topic post.)

McM

ARSELING
"Agincourt" by Bernard Cornwell? I've read it, great book.
(Sorry for the off-topic post.)
Yes, he writes good entertaining books to get into the early 'British' history.
His reading recommendations at the end of the stories are good tips as well.

Guipago

Forum Veteran
There were NO mention of large infestations of rats in medieval plague accounts, and rats are needed for bubonic plague to manifest.

There's no mention of rats as they were a daily occurrence that was everywhere, just the same as we view flys today & no one had connected plague to fleas from rats.
Yes, he writes good entertaining books to get into the early 'British' history.
His reading recommendations at the end of the stories are good tips as well.
I'm about to start his 'Arthur series' The 'Marius Mules' by SJA Turney is good with the chop 'em up descriptions, so would be good as to getting a good idea on what happens in early wars.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: McM
Back