animals Is that a ferret in your pants or are you just pleased to see me? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Makes me wonder what he did to that ferret the last time it was out
I like that way you think about the implications of the wee ferrets actions.

I like ferrets but have never had one. Once my staffies and cats die I might get one. I love the idea of ferreting rabbits. It has such intelligence and grace to it, ie that we domesticated ferrets and learned to use them to catch our prey. that's clever.

I understand that ferreting is illegal in USA and Canada. I have no idea why.

It's common in Aus as we have lots of feral rabbits. You could do a multi day hike with a ferret in a box and you could live off the kills...

Love 'em.

Jessica Fletcher. 🍳

Angela of Death.
I have no idea why.
My dad had a few ferrets maybe 20 years ago and he went ferretin' with one of his mates just to see what they could do, he said it took forever and the rabbit was squealing like a crying baby the whole time, he finished with a solemn "its definitely not for everyone", as far as I know he only ever went the once.

Ellzibette

Resident Rope Bottom
I like that way you think about the implications of the wee ferrets actions.

I like ferrets but have never had one. Once my staffies and cats die I might get one. I love the idea of ferreting rabbits. It has such intelligence and grace to it, ie that we domesticated ferrets and learned to use them to catch our prey. that's clever.

I understand that ferreting is illegal in USA and Canada. I have no idea why.

It's common in Aus as we have lots of feral rabbits. You could do a multi day hike with a ferret in a box and you could live off the kills...

Love 'em.

Ferrets are very smart. They don't live long though.

Back