murder It's murder she baked... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wiggins

Forum Veteran
I do love a beef wellington. I make it with eye fillet steak liberally smothered in home made chicken liver pate, sprinkled with chilli flakes and then wrapped up in filo pastry and baked. I have never made it with mushrooms however.

And I would probably pass on dinner at this chicks house no matter how nice the smell and presentation is...

Erin Patterson to face court after police lay murder charges over mushroom meal​

Posted 36m ago36 minutes ago
A woman with a 7 News microphone in front of her face.

Erin Patterson is due to face court this morning.(ABC News)
Share this article
abc.net.au/news/erin-patterson-court-murder-charges-mushroom-meal-deaths/103057914
Link copied
COPY LINKSHARE

Quick read​

• In short: Leongatha woman Erin Patterson has been charged with three counts of murder and five of attempted murder.
  • The murder charges relate to a lunch the 49-year-old hosted in late July, where four people fell ill and three died in hospital from suspected mushroom poisoning.
  • What's next? Ms Patterson will face the Latrobe Valley Magistrates' Court in Morwell this morning.
The woman charged with murder over a mushroom meal served to relatives in Victoria's east is due to face court today.
Erin Patterson, 49, was last night charged with three counts of murder and five counts of attempted murder.
She was remanded in custody overnight and is due to face the Latrobe Valley Magistrates' Court at Morwell this morning.
Of the charges, the three counts of murder and two of the attempted murder charges relate to a lunch Ms Patterson hosted at her home in the South Gippsland town of Leongatha on Saturday July 29.
Her former in-laws, Don and Gail Patterson, and Gail's sister Heather Wilkinson fell ill and later died in hospital after the meal.
Heather's husband, Ian Wilkinson, also fell gravely ill but made a recovery and was released from hospital in late September.
An aeriel image of Erin Patterson's home in Leongatha with four vehicles parked in the drive way

Police used detector dogs as they searched Erin Patterson's house after her arrest on Thursday.( ABC News: ABC News )
Police said the other three attempted murder charges related to separate meals in 2021 and 2022 that made a 48-year-old Korumburra man ill.
The ABC understands the Korumburra man is Simon Patterson, Erin Patterson's estranged husband.
Ms Patterson has always maintained she did not intentionally poison her guests and has denied any wrongdoing.
In the days after the deaths, Ms Patterson told reporters she was "devastated" by the loss of her relatives.

Police urge community to remember tragic loss of three 'beloved' people​

The charges were laid after police arrested Ms Patterson at her home just after 8am on Thursday.
Detectives spent hours scouring the 49-year-old's property with detection dogs and were observed bagging up items.
On Thursday, police made reference to the intense interest in the events both nationally and across the world.
Composite image of two women and two men, all smiling.

Ian Wilkinson (left) survived, but his wife Heather and couple Don and Gail Patterson died from mushroom poisoning.(Supplied/ABC News)
The homicide squad's Inspector Dean Thomas urged people to remember that at the heart of the case were three people who had lost their lives.
"These are three people who, by all accounts, were much beloved in their communities and are greatly missed by their loved ones," he said.
"In smaller communities such as Leongatha and Korumburra, a tragedy such as this can reverberate for years to come."

How the investigation has unfolded​

• July 29: Erin Patterson hosts a lunch at her Leongatha home. Her former in-laws Don and Gail Patterson, as well as Heather and Ian Wilkinson, are guests. Shortly afterwards, the four guests fell ill and were taken to hospital
  • August 4: Heather Wilkinson and Gail Patterson pass away in hospital
  • August 5: Don Patterson passes away in hospital
  • August 6: Victorian health authorities report that three people have died from suspected mushroom poisoning
  • Mid-August: Erin Patterson provides a statement to police, in which she says she bought mushrooms at a store and cooked a beef Wellington for the lunch. She says she was also unwell after the meal
  • September 23: Ian Wilkinson is released from hospital, where he had been in a critical condition
  • November 2: Police arrest Erin Patterson at her Leongatha home

rottenfresh

ummmmm, You smell that?
I do love a beef wellington. I make it with eye fillet steak liberally smothered in home made chicken liver pate, sprinkled with chilli flakes and then wrapped up in filo pastry and baked. I have never made it with mushrooms however.

And I would probably pass on dinner at this chicks house no matter how nice the smell and presentation is...

Erin Patterson to face court after police lay murder charges over mushroom meal​

A woman with a 7 News microphone in front of her face.

Erin Patterson is due to face court this morning.(ABC News)
Share this article
abc.net.au/news/erin-patterson-court-murder-charges-mushroom-meal-deaths/103057914
Link copied
COPY LINKSHARE

Quick read​

• In short: Leongatha woman Erin Patterson has been charged with three counts of murder and five of attempted murder.
  • The murder charges relate to a lunch the 49-year-old hosted in late July, where four people fell ill and three died in hospital from suspected mushroom poisoning.
  • What's next? Ms Patterson will face the Latrobe Valley Magistrates' Court in Morwell this morning.
The woman charged with murder over a mushroom meal served to relatives in Victoria's east is due to face court today.
Erin Patterson, 49, was last night charged with three counts of murder and five counts of attempted murder.
She was remanded in custody overnight and is due to face the Latrobe Valley Magistrates' Court at Morwell this morning.
Of the charges, the three counts of murder and two of the attempted murder charges relate to a lunch Ms Patterson hosted at her home in the South Gippsland town of Leongatha on Saturday July 29.
Her former in-laws, Don and Gail Patterson, and Gail's sister Heather Wilkinson fell ill and later died in hospital after the meal.
Heather's husband, Ian Wilkinson, also fell gravely ill but made a recovery and was released from hospital in late September.
An aeriel image of Erin Patterson's home in Leongatha with four vehicles parked in the drive way's home in Leongatha with four vehicles parked in the drive way

Police used detector dogs as they searched Erin Patterson's house after her arrest on Thursday.( ABC News: ABC News )
Police said the other three attempted murder charges related to separate meals in 2021 and 2022 that made a 48-year-old Korumburra man ill.
The ABC understands the Korumburra man is Simon Patterson, Erin Patterson's estranged husband.
Ms Patterson has always maintained she did not intentionally poison her guests and has denied any wrongdoing.
In the days after the deaths, Ms Patterson told reporters she was "devastated" by the loss of her relatives.

Police urge community to remember tragic loss of three 'beloved' people​

The charges were laid after police arrested Ms Patterson at her home just after 8am on Thursday.
Detectives spent hours scouring the 49-year-old's property with detection dogs and were observed bagging up items.
On Thursday, police made reference to the intense interest in the events both nationally and across the world.
Composite image of two women and two men, all smiling.

Ian Wilkinson (left) survived, but his wife Heather and couple Don and Gail Patterson died from mushroom poisoning.(Supplied/ABC News)
The homicide squad's Inspector Dean Thomas urged people to remember that at the heart of the case were three people who had lost their lives.
"These are three people who, by all accounts, were much beloved in their communities and are greatly missed by their loved ones," he said.
"In smaller communities such as Leongatha and Korumburra, a tragedy such as this can reverberate for years to come."

How the investigation has unfolded​

• July 29: Erin Patterson hosts a lunch at her Leongatha home. Her former in-laws Don and Gail Patterson, as well as Heather and Ian Wilkinson, are guests. Shortly afterwards, the four guests fell ill and were taken to hospital
  • August 4: Heather Wilkinson and Gail Patterson pass away in hospital
  • August 5: Don Patterson passes away in hospital
  • August 6: Victorian health authorities report that three people have died from suspected mushroom poisoning
  • Mid-August: Erin Patterson provides a statement to police, in which she says she bought mushrooms at a store and cooked a beef Wellington for the lunch. She says she was also unwell after the meal
  • September 23: Ian Wilkinson is released from hospital, where he had been in a critical condition
  • November 2: Police arrest Erin Patterson at her Leongatha home
They must've really trusted little Kathy Bates!!! :Hurr:

Dr Deacon

Lick the Window of Life
Saw this fat murdering mong on the news earlier, spouting her crocodile tears. Besides being skinned and chopped by a cartel, dying from Death Cap poisoning is one of the worst ways to die.
Poisoned the guests yet remarkably her and her two kids didn't become ill...amazing.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
They must've really trusted little Kathy Bates!!! :Hurr:
"When my marriage ended I thought I was loosing my mind..."

"Rainy days always make me blue... I've got this..." (shows gun...)

Misery was such a great movie. A hint of B grade but Cathy Bate's acting was wonderful.

The paster was so ill he was on the liver transplant list for a while and unlikely to survive. He will be the star witness.

She had a go at her ex husband too, last year I think.

His first reaction back in July was to say "She fucking poisoned them!"

When they first starting dying she said she had thrown out the dehydrator because "I was scared."

I bet she was, evil cow.

And then "I bought the mushrooms from an Asian grocer in Melbourne but I can't remember which one..."

wiggins

Forum Veteran
The 'Australian' take :

Erin Patterson in court charged with mushroom deaths, police cite new evidence​

Erin Patterson will face court in Victoria over a deadly mushroom lunch. Picture: Brooke Grebert-Craig.Erin Patterson will face court in Victoria over a deadly mushroom lunch. Picture: Brooke Grebert-Craig.
  • By JOHN FERGUSON

ASSOCIATE EDITOR
    @fergusonjw
  • UPDATED 11:27AM NOVEMBER 3, 2023,FIRST PUBLISHED AT 9:34AM NOVEMBER 3, 2023
Erin Patterson, the woman accused of killing three people with mushrooms cooked in a toxic beef Wellington lunch has been remanded in custody until May 3.
Ms Patterson, 49 of Leongatha in South Gippsland, appeared for just 15 minutes at Latrobe Valley’s court complex in regional Victoria. She could face a lengthy period in custody before bail is considered.
Ms Patterson interacted with magistrate Tim Walsh and her lawyer Bill Doogue.

She shook her head when Mr Walsh sought to remove her home address from the publicly released charge sheet.
Police have asked for a 20-week delay to enable analysis of newly-acquired police evidence relating to computers.
On the prospect of a lengthy committal hearing, Mr Doogue said: “It could well go for a very long time.”
Ms Patterson, wearing glasses and dressed in the same beige knitted jumper she wore during her arrest yesterday, was flanked in the dock by two security guards.
Magistrate Walsh questioned why there needed to be a lengthy gap between her arrest and the next court hearing.
Police had argued for the extension because of the need to analyse new evidence. This was not opposed by the defence.
Mr Walsh said that there could not be an application for bail at this stage of the process.
Ms Patterson spent Thursday night in the police cells at Morwell in the heart of Victoria’s Latrobe Valley, following her arrest and a search of her home.

THEAUSTRALIAN.COM.AU00:49

Mushroom cook Erin Patterson arrested over fatal Leongatha lunch​

The woman at the centre of an investigation into a poisonous mushroom meal that resulted in the deaths of three people in southeastern Victoria has been arrested.

She is charged with three counts of murder and five counts of attempted murder.
The charges were not read out in court.
The murder counts relate to her former parents-in-law Don and Gail Patterson, both 70, and Gail’s late sister Heather Wilkinson, 66, and a family luncheon on July 29 that allegedly led to the deaths, from what police suspect was poisoning by death cap mushrooms.
Ms Patterson also has been charged with three counts of attempted murder relating to three incidents in 2021 and 2022 involving a 48-year-old Korumburra man who became ill following meals he ate in this period.
The man is believed to be her former husband, Simon Patterson, who is the son of two of the dead elderly people who dined at Ms Patterson’s home on July 29.
Simon Patterson, Erin Patterson’s former husband. arrives at a memorial service last month. Picture: NCA NewsWire / David GeraghtySimon Patterson, Erin Patterson’s former husband. arrives at a memorial service last month. Picture: NCA NewsWire / David Geraghty
Mr Patterson did not dine with his estranged wife on July 29.
Erin Patterson is also charged with another two attempted murder charges in relation to the July 29 meal. She has stridently denied any wrongdoing.
Victorian Director of Public Prosecutions Kerri Judd has warned the media about the need for fair and accurate reporting.
“The publication of information which has a tendency to interfere with the administration of justice may constitute contempt,” she said in a statement.
Friday’s court case, despite the global attention, has barely caused a ripple in Morwell aside from a larger than normal number of TV cameras.

‘Unprecedented’ case​

Detective Inspector Dean Thomas of the Homicide Squad said the case was unprecedented.
“Over the last three months, this investigation has been subjected to incredibly intense levels of public scrutiny and curiosity,’’ Mr Thomas said.
“I cannot think of another investigation that has generated this level of media and public interest, not only here in Victoria but also nationally and internationally.
“I think it is particularly important that we keep in mind that at the heart of this, three people have lost their lives.
“These are three people who by all accounts were much beloved in their communities and are greatly missed by their loved ones.
“These deaths and incidents also continue to have a significant impact on the immediate families of those involved and I ask that people are particularly mindful of this over the coming days.
“In smaller communities such as Leongatha and Korumburra, a tragedy such as this can reverberate for years to come.
Don and Gail Patterson both died after allegedly falling ill after the meal.Don and Gail Patterson both died after allegedly falling ill after the meal.
“Today’s charges are just the next step in what has been an incredibly complex, methodical and thorough investigation by Homicide Squad detectives.’’
Detectives investigating the suspected death by toxic mushrooms of the three elderly people had earlier seized computer and other technology equipment from Ms Patterson’s house.
Ms Patterson was arrested after special AFP technology dogs were called in to help search her house in Leongatha, where the lunchtime meal was allegedly served.
Police were photographed leaving the house with several bags of evidence, including bagged Wi-Fi equipment.
Heather Wilkinson died of suspected mushroom poisoning after a family lunch in Leongatha on July 29. Picture: SuppliedHeather Wilkinson died of suspected mushroom poisoning after a family lunch in Leongatha on July 29. Picture: Supplied
They also seized computer hard drives that were marked photos and a memory stick.
In the most dramatic day in the three months since the deaths, Ms Patterson was driven by police to nearby Wonthaggi, on Thursday afternoon where she was interviewed by officers for hours.
Ms Patterson has steadfastly denied responsibility for the deaths.
Erin Patterson was driven away from her house by police shortly before 2pm, in an unmarked, dark grey Kia Sorrento with tinted windows. She walked into the station ahead of police and her lawyer Ophelia Holloway was with her, inside the station.

Erin Patterson’s denials​

Erin Patterson has steadfastly denied any wrongdoing, stressing that Gail and Don Patterson were like family.
Ms Patterson has previously given a written statement to police but the legal status of the document is unknown.
In the statement, she reportedly said that she intentionally disposed of a food dehydrator used to prepare the meal but police found the dehydrator at a nearby tip.
Ms Patterson reportedly claimed that she was spooked and dumped the appliance because people were accusing her of deliberately poisoning her guests.
In August, The Australian broke the news of the suspected mass poisoning.

Poison mushrooms: Story so far​

timeline0_VjOb2ExXAv.jpg

Jul 29, 2023
Erin Patterson serves the meal that police allege killed her ex-in-laws and her children’s great aunt.

punkduck

Forum Veteran
Saw this fat murdering mong on the news earlier, spouting her crocodile tears. Besides being skinned and chopped by a cartel, dying from Death Cap poisoning is one of the worst ways to die.
Poisoned the guests yet remarkably her and her two kids didn't become ill...amazing.
When u say crocodile tears is she jewish?

goremumma

NewbieX
I really want to see video of someone dying from nightcap poisoning. Apparently it’s just uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhoea and then liver failure

rudy$$$

Lurker
Mushrooms taste disgusting even them magic ones this big momma could easily kill me just by sitting on me.

Back