Justice Department says illegal monopoly by Ticketmaster and Live Nation drives up prices for fans (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

K.I.T.T.

I Fucked Your Porsche
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department filed a sweeping antitrust lawsuit against Ticketmaster and parent company Live Nation Entertainment on Thursday, accusing them of running an illegal monopoly over live events in America — squelching competition and driving up prices for fans.

The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Manhattan, was being brought with 30 state and district attorneys general and seeks to break up the monopoly they say is squeezing out smaller promoters and hurting artists.

“We allege that Live Nation relies on unlawful, anticompetitive conduct to exercise its monopolistic control over the live events industry in the United States at the cost of fans, artists, smaller promoters, and venue operators,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement. “The result is that fans pay more in fees, artists have fewer opportunities to play concerts, smaller promoters get squeezed out, and venues have fewer real choices for ticketing services. It is time to break up Live Nation-Ticketmaster.”

The Justice Department accuses Live Nation of a slew of practices that allow it to maintain a stronghold over the live music scene, including using long-term contracts to keep venues from choosing rival ticketers, blocking venues from using multiple ticket sellers and threatening venues that they could lose money and fans if they don’t choose Ticketmaster. The Justice Department says Live Nation also threatened to retaliate against one firm if it didn’t stop a subsidiary from competing for artist promotion contracts.

Story continues here.

It's about fucking time. A class-action lawsuit is likely to follow, so if you've got any receipts or Ticketmaster tickets saved, you could be looking at full refunds.

Ravishing Rick Rude

THE BIG BADDY BOOTY DADDY
Here's one even better , Lionel.Messi was supposed to come and play with his club team Miami CF vs Vancouver Whitecaps this weekend here in Hongcouver , expected over 54,000 fans to see the captain of the reigning World Cup champs , guess what , HES NOT COMING LOL, I called this a year ago when it was announced, no way would he come here , the best part , idiot wanna be fans paying over 10k for resale tickets , I'd put a wig on Messi's ass and make him blow me who's the faggot now....

😥😥😂😂😂

mrln

silent ghost
theyve been doing this forever. now biden comes in to look like a hero? yea ok. bullfuckingshit....

Back