animals Keeping the place clean (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Damo0666™️

Master Baiter..... 🎣🎣🎣
This proves that they're government drones after all 🤷‍♂️

BIRDS AREN'T REAL...... 🤣

_Birds_Aren't_Real__billboard_in_Memphis.jpg

PsychoticNature

Shrimp dick.
Crows are some of the most smartest birds in the animal kingdom.

Humans are some of the dumbest apes in the animal kingdom.
Yup! And they will remember your face and will go purposely out of their way to fuck you if you'd annoyed them in some way or form.

atleast that's what I've been told, did I care enough to Google it? No.

Am I dumb enough to believe it? You bet.

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
I'm purchasing a pet raven from a licensed professional breeder sometime this spring. I've been planning this for a few years now, and I've done a bit of research on crows and ravens during this time.

One very interesting fact about them both is that they're the only known birds that can craft and use tools.

In many cities around the world, crows have been trained to pick up trash and deposit it in receptacles in exchange for food or treats. Some cities employ them to pick up cigarette butts specifically.

They can speak and understand words contextually, much like African Greys and other parrots. For example, they can be taught to recognize three dimensional shapes, like cubes, spheres and so on. They can also be taught the names of colors. So, you could ask one of these birds to bring you a blue cube, and they would sort through a pile of objects until they find a blue cube for you.

They're remarkable creatures, and when I get my raven, I'll post some pictures and videos as I raise and teach it. I'm very excited to finally be able to get one. In case you're wondering, I've asked for a male (less temperamental, but aren't they all, right fellas?) and it's going to set me back around $3000 USD.

Yeah, that's expensive compared to like a Catalina Macaw or an African Grey, but it's a fucking raven!!!

I've been considering names, and Poe seems obvious but cliché. Any suggestions?

Gone crazy back soon

Farts in elevators
I'm purchasing a pet raven from a licensed professional breeder sometime this spring. I've been planning this for a few years now, and I've done a bit of research on crows and ravens during this time.

One very interesting fact about them both is that they're the only known birds that can craft and use tools.

In many cities around the world, crows have been trained to pick up trash and deposit it in receptacles in exchange for food or treats. Some cities employ them to pick up cigarette butts specifically.

They can speak and understand words contextually, much like African Greys and other parrots. For example, they can be taught to recognize three dimensional shapes, like cubes, spheres and so on. They can also be taught the names of colors. So, you could ask one of these birds to bring you a blue cube, and they would sort through a pile of objects until they find a blue cube for you.

They're remarkable creatures, and when I get my raven, I'll post some pictures and videos as I raise and teach it. I'm very excited to finally be able to get one. In case you're wondering, I've asked for a male (less temperamental, but aren't they all, right fellas?) and it's going to set me back around $3000 USD.

Yeah, that's expensive compared to like a Catalina Macaw or an African Grey, but it's a fucking raven!!!

I suggest he be named Never More.

Jeffroush56

Forum Veteran

One very interesting fact about them both is that they're the only known birds that can craft and use tools. I witnessed, with my own eyes one winter, a downy woodpecker on a tree in my front yard probably 10 feet away, hopping around on the trunk and looking in the nooks and crannies of the tree bark. It then flew away, only to return moments later, with a small forked stick and began poking in the nooks and crannies. O didn't see what it caught, but it poked something out of the bark, dropped the stick and grabbed its prey all in about 1/2 second and fly away. It left.me awestruck and fascinated. And to make the story even better, it was snowing and quiet as could be. And in that moment it was just me and the bird. Such a cool experience with nature

Very interesting stuff. However I must concur on the fact that crows and ravens are the "only know birds to craft and use tools".

Very interesting stuff, however, I must concur about the fact that crows and ravens are "the only birds know to craft and use tools". I witnessed a small downy woodpecker use a forked stick to poke the crevices in the bark of a tree in my front yard. The bird was approximately 10 ft away. Very close. I just froze because I didn't want to spook it. Within moments, the bird had flushed something from the bark, dropped the stick, grabbed its prey and flew away in the blink of an eye. The moment left me awestruck and gave me even more respect for nature than I already had. Such a kick ass moment

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
Very interesting stuff. However I must concur on the fact that crows and ravens are the "only know birds to craft and use tools".

Very interesting stuff, however, I must concur about the fact that crows and ravens are "the only birds know to craft and use tools". I witnessed a small downy woodpecker use a forked stick to poke the crevices in the bark of a tree in my front yard. The bird was approximately 10 ft away. Very close. I just froze because I didn't want to spook it. Within moments, the bird had flushed something from the bark, dropped the stick, grabbed its prey and flew away in the blink of an eye. The moment left me awestruck and gave me even more respect for nature than I already had. Such a kick ass moment
Sure, many birds will use tools they find! Especially birds that feed on grubs, larvae and other insects. Some birds will even feed on ants in the same manner as anteaters, placing sticks or blades of grass into an anthill and snatching up the ants as they investigate the intrusion.

However, ONLY ravens and crows will craft tools and use them. By "craft", I mean that they'll modify existing items they find or even combine several items to accomplish a task.

Back