Man accused of fracturing 13-year-old’s skull for not removing hat during national anthem (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
A Montana man has been charged with assault of a minor for allegedly slamming a 13-year-old boy to the ground for not removing his hat during the national anthem, according to reports.

Charles James Brockway, 39, was arrested Saturday evening at the Mineral County Fair and Rodeo in Superior, a small town in northwestern Montana, the Missoulian reported.
Taylor Hennick, a witness cited by the paper, said the national anthem had begun at the fairgrounds when she saw a boy, “lying on the ground.”

“He was bleeding out of his ears, seizing on the ground, just not coherent,” Hennick said.
Other witnesses told Missoula’s KPAX-TV they saw Brockway slam the boy to the ground. Brockway allegedly told encroaching bystanders the assault was justified because the boy had been “disrespecting the national anthem,” Hennick said.

The boy, whom authorities identified only as 13-year-old, was flown to Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital in Spokane, Wash., with temporal skull fractures, KPAX-TV reported. His parents told the station he was bleeding from his ears for nearly six hours after the alleged assault. He has since been released from the hospital and returned home for recovery.
Mineral County Sheriff’s deputies arrested Brockway around 11 p.m. on Saturday. Records cited by the Missoulian show Brockway is serving a 10-year-probation sentence for assault with a deadly weapon.
Brockway appeared in Mineral County Justice Court on Monday where the state requested his bond be set at $100,000. He was scheduled to be released on his recognizance on Tuesday. His arraignment has been scheduled for Aug. 14 at 10 a.m.

Janine

Mini Wiconi -Water Is Life!
WTF are you kidding me?? Over that song come on you fucking coward he's a 13 year old boy for christ sakes!!Because of the way I was raised by my family because of my hertiage we stand for the flag out of respect but I have never put my hand over my heart nor removed my hat if I happened to be wearing one!Nor bowed my head.

Totentanz

Lurking Lurker
I always thought that remaining seated, not putting your hand over your heart was more patriotic than blindly going thru the motions because "that's just what you do."
it is Because this is a free country that you have every right to stay seated, without fear of being singled out by an overseeing officer and beaten up/ thrown in jail for not being "patriotic" enough.
People are getting a little uptight and overzealous if a hat on the head of a teenager drives them to perpetrate violence on said kid.
they are literally missing the whole point of the Star Spangled Banner, which (fun fact) was set to the tune of a popular drinking song at the time, to make it easier for people to remember and sing

Janine

I always thought that remaining seated, not putting your hand over your heart was more patriotic than blindly going thru the motions because "that's just what you do."
it is Because this is a free country that you have every right to stay seated, without fear of being singled out by an overseeing officer and beaten up/ thrown in jail for not being "patriotic" enough.
People are getting a little uptight and overzealous if a hat on the head of a teenager drives them to perpetrate violence on said kid.
they are literally missing the whole point of the Star Spangled Banner, which (fun fact) was set to the tune of a popular drinking song at the time, to make it easier for people to remember and sing
Thats right sweetness that child beater needs to get the crap beaten out of him fuck his libtard ass and fuck the start spangled banner in the ass!!

DeadCold

Rookie
Damn!! What is it with kids heads lately?

Totentanz

Lurking Lurker
More then likely this pos coward is a libtard!!

Um... The guy who knocked the kid out was a practicing MAGA Trumpster.
His lawyer is actively blaming Trump as the guy is a vet and he "believed" he was following orders/sentiment to "knock the crap" out of someone not paying enough respect to our country/flag.
Its a shit excuse for his actions. But the vitriol expressed is def coming from the top down, encouraging this kind of behavior.

Honestly I am surprised you use "libtard" while being a strong Native American rights supporter, considering how poorly Trump has treated that segment of the population. Important public lands taken away to be sold for mineral rights and forcing the protest of Standing Rock to end so the oil pipeline could be put thru, despite the environmental risks to lands and waters considered sacred, not to mention the lack of care for the environment when it is a crucial time to cut pollution so the future is not desolate.
And considering republicans don't do social programs I'm guessing more aid for the Native segment of the population won't come unless a dem or independent is elected.
I just hope someone who cares about these issues is elected in 2020, someone who has benefits for all Americans (not just the rich) and who follows thru on their word. Someone who sows peace instead of discord and hate. Jesus, just anybody who knows how govt works and thinks about consequences of actions.
Next year's election can't come soon enough.

Janine

Nope not lately Mrln I don't give a fuck who that coward is to tell you the truth I just assumed he was...he still needs to be put down with a bullet fuck him!!

Janine

Um... The guy who knocked the kid out was a practicing MAGA Trumpster.
His lawyer is actively blaming Trump as the guy is a vet and he "believed" he was following orders/sentiment to "knock the crap" out of someone not paying enough respect to our country/flag.
Its a shit excuse for his actions. But the vitriol expressed is def coming from the top down, encouraging this kind of behavior.

Honestly I am surprised you use "libtard" while being a strong Native American rights supporter, considering how poorly Trump has treated that segment of the population. Important public lands taken away to be sold for mineral rights and forcing the protest of Standing Rock to end so the oil pipeline could be put thru, despite the environmental risks to lands and waters considered sacred, not to mention the lack of care for the environment when it is a crucial time to cut pollution so the future is not desolate.
And considering republicans don't do social programs I'm guessing more aid for the Native segment of the population won't come unless a dem or independent is elected.
I just hope someone who cares about these issues is elected in 2020, someone who has benefits for all Americans (not just the rich) and who follows thru on their word. Someone who sows peace instead of discord and hate. Jesus, just anybody who knows how govt works and thinks about consequences of actions.
Next year's election can't come soon enough.
Ok I got it like I told Mrln I frankly don't give a fuck who this coward is I just assumed he was a dem. ......The libtard gov. in the US has always kept the Indigenous people on a tight leash..Yeah Trump can be a real prick when it comes to the Natives but he is finally starting to get it and is actually doing some good with the Nations...Nobody in politics unless they are Native them-selves gives a fuck about us,our right's,and our future..so it doesn't matter who gets elected it'll still be the same fucking lies and deceit when it comes to the Native people....I was their in 2017 at Standing Rock protest and yes I know trump signed the bill but their are so many lawsuits from both sides they have temporarily stopped the building of the pipeline I got pepper sprayed more then once by the fucking white cops and was even in cuffs a few times but I was never arrested Otaha was on my side!!

Back