Serious Michigan school shooter’s parents sentenced to at least 10 years in prison (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
By ED WHITE
Updated 1:10 PM EDT, April 9, 2024

PONTIAC, Mich. (AP) — A judge sentenced the parents of a Michigan school shooter to at least 10 years in prison Tuesday for failing to take steps that could have prevented a “runaway train” — the killing of four students in 2021.

Jennifer and James Crumbley are the first parents convicted in a U.S. mass school shooting. They were found guilty of involuntary manslaughter after prosecutors presented evidence of an unsecured gun at home and indifference toward the teen’s mental health.

Ethan Crumbley drew dark images of a gun, a bullet and a wounded man on a math assignment, accompanied by despondent phrases. Staff at Oxford High School did not demand that he go home but were surprised when the Crumbleys didn’t volunteer it during a brief meeting.

Later that day, on Nov. 30, 2021, the 15-year-old pulled a handgun from his backpack and began shooting. Ethan, now 17, is serving a life sentence for murder and other crimes.

FULL STORY HERE

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
Sounds like a fake news story.
It certainly smacks of fiction. Punishing parents for something their child did boggles my mind. If he'd gone to school with nothing but kitchen knives and still managed to kill those people, would they prosecute the parents for allowing him access to the kitchen??? Our justice system is neither functional nor just.

H82Go8675309

𝐉𝐫
It certainly smacks of fiction. Punishing parents for something their child did boggles my mind. If he'd gone to school with nothing but kitchen knives and still managed to kill those people, would they prosecute the parents for allowing him access to the kitchen??? Our justice system is neither functional nor just.

It's the law to keep firearms secured in the home if a minor is present which they apparently didn't do, the parents were aware their son had reported to them (and later the school) he was hearing voices but neither took him to a doctor nor picked him up from the school to atleast take him home. The weapon used in the shootings was purchased 4 days prior by the father after the son stated he was hearing voices.
I don't even think prosecutors brought in the text messages between the mom & son just before the shootings took place.

At some point no you shouldn't be liable for what your kids do & obviously it's a case by case basis but they seem as cookoo-for-coco puffs as their kid hate to say it.

H82Go8675309

𝐉𝐫
At what age do you become an adult in the states? At 17 if you are not responsible for your own actions then you never will be.
Hey, children all develop at slightly different rates but most are considered legal adults at 18 years old nationwide but, liability goes beyond that age I.E. serving EtOH to a person under the legal drinking age. I haven't followed that case much other than when it first happened & saw the texts between the mom & kid & IIRC the parents went about their business even attending fund raising dinners like they were completely aloof but maybe their son was mentally challenged beyond having what sounds like a bout of psychosis with the hearing voices.

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
You should read up on the case so that you have a clue about what you are commenting on.

macread

Well Known Member
Hey, children all develop at slightly different rates but most are considered legal adults at 18 years old nationwide but, liability goes beyond that age I.E. serving EtOH to a person under the legal drinking age. I haven't followed that case much other than when it first happened & saw the texts between the mom & kid & IIRC the parents went about their business even attending fund raising dinners like they were completely aloof but maybe their son was mentally challenged beyond having what sounds like a bout of psychosis with the hearing voices.
I get it if he had mental problems. Here in the UK you can be held responsible from the age of 10.

H82Go8675309

𝐉𝐫
I get it if he had mental problems. Here in the UK you can be held responsible from the age of 10.

So, if you're <10, you can't get in trouble but your parental units can? Because if that's the case, I see why there's those youth gangs there & why my brother V indoctrinated me into his wacko world so young 🤔 & I guess he studied the laws there, here, to include military law. Probably memorized them, that fukn fag. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

mrln

silent ghost
sounds like north korea.

but the parents never intervened. if anything,the kid was enabled by his father,because he bought the kid the weapon! even after the fact they knew this kid is in trouble at school and the school warned the parents of this kid and his behaviour. they still did nothing about it. so....

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
You should read up on the case so that you have a clue about what you are commenting on.
I've done my research. I've been following this story since day one. When I said that it "smacks of fiction", I was referring to the nonsensical and entirely retarded concept that the parents are being punished for their child's decision. It shouldn't hold up and the appeals will hopefully see them exonerated simply because the entire theory is conjecture and circumstantial.

What happened was tragic, but the prosecution's case is based entirely upon "what-ifs".

I 100% agree that the parents should have acted differently, but how can any reasonable person claim that they alone could have prevented this child from killing?

What if they had taken him home and locked up the guns and sought therapy as a family? Can we definitively say without any doubt that he would have been miraculously cured of his desire to kill? No, because we can't predict or know with any degree of accuracy what another person's thinking.

Do you have the slightest clue where this type of speculative accountability can lead? No? I'll tell you: You could walk past a couple having an argument in their front yard and if one of them kills the other a day, a week or a month later, they'll be able to legally hold YOU responsible.

Cass714

Fresh Meat
By ED WHITE
Updated 1:10 PM EDT, April 9, 2024

PONTIAC, Mich. (AP) — A judge sentenced the parents of a Michigan school shooter to at least 10 years in prison Tuesday for failing to take steps that could have prevented a “runaway train” — the killing of four students in 2021.

Jennifer and James Crumbley are the first parents convicted in a U.S. mass school shooting. They were found guilty of involuntary manslaughter after prosecutors presented evidence of an unsecured gun at home and indifference toward the teen’s mental health.

Ethan Crumbley drew dark images of a gun, a bullet and a wounded man on a math assignment, accompanied by despondent phrases. Staff at Oxford High School did not demand that he go home but were surprised when the Crumbleys didn’t volunteer it during a brief meeting.

Later that day, on Nov. 30, 2021, the 15-year-old pulled a handgun from his backpack and began shooting. Ethan, now 17, is serving a life sentence for murder and other crimes.

FULL STORY HERE
I don't give a shit about his age, he should "DEF" get the "DEATH PENALTY"!!!

It's and "EYE FOR AN EYE, TOOTH FOR A TOOTH"!!!

Fuck him sittin in a jail cell for years & years, while our taxes pay for his meals, food...fuk that, he should have already been giving a lethal injection and be buried under the jail !!!
Fuk letting him live, with "US" ( the taxes payers of the ("United States") paying for his upkeep!!!

I don't care how old you are, you kill sumone, automatic death penalty !!!

That fukin dude.knew right from wrong, good from bad!!!
I don't give a fuk if he had problems, EVERYONE has problems, shit wrong with them...he's no different!!!

Put a syringe in his veins, get it over with already!!!

This is just my point of view!!! But a "GOOD 1 AT THAT"!!!

K.I.T.T.

Forum Sports Car
I don't give a shit about his age, he should "DEF" get the "DEATH PENALTY"!!!

It's and "EYE FOR AN EYE, TOOTH FOR A TOOTH"!!!

Fuck him sittin in a jail cell for years & years, while our taxes pay for his meals, food...fuk that, he should have already been giving a lethal injection and be buried under the jail !!!
Fuk letting him live, with "US" ( the taxes payers of the ("United States") paying for his upkeep!!!

I don't care how old you are, you kill sumone, automatic death penalty !!!

That fukin dude.knew right from wrong, good from bad!!!
I don't give a fuk if he had problems, EVERYONE has problems, shit wrong with them...he's no different!!!

Put a syringe in his veins, get it over with already!!!

This is just my point of view!!! But a "GOOD 1 AT THAT"!!!
You should be publicly executed for distributing stupidity.

Back