NSW lifts bans on GM crops... (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Brainfart

Don't take what I say seriously...
GM crops are the biggest con...It is all about Multinational companies controlling the food Supply at every stage...They con the farmer by saying that you will use less chemicals and get better returns, when infact the crop that the company essentially owns, needs the use of their chemicals to create a monopoly at every stage of production...If a farmer collects the Seed off a GM crop to grow the next year, they can be charged...Or if the next door neighbour has his crop pollinated by The GM crop and he collects the seeds, he can be fined for growing it...Not to mention what these contaminated genes will do when they inevitably escape into the environment...
Australia is in the back pocket of the multinational scum...
This story shows it...
What a load of propaganda and bullshit....

PinkE

Hypocrisy is the homage vice pays to virtue
This world is turning into a terrifying place. Yea, day to day it's fine but the big picture, the future looks more complicated and disturbing then ever

Brainfart

Don't take what I say seriously...
Another thing...The crops that are grown around the world or even in a local area, have a lot of genetic variation...One farmer has his strain and his neighbour has a different strain...Even per farm, a field will have a lot of genetic variation, which is nature's way of having resistance to pest and disease, as the different strains are affected to different degrees...These GM crops have no variation and are essentially genetic clones with no variation...If a disease or pest does happen to attack there "marvellous" crop( inevitably it will happen, as nature always finds a way to find balance against an organism that is dominating the environment), The whole crop will fail at once...This will mean no food supply and potentially the end of society...As the saying goes...The world is only three meals away from anarchy...

Humans as a species are facing this same dilemma...Antibiotic resistant superbugs, overuse of antibiotics with livestock production...Super insects that are resistant to an array of chemicals...

In Australia, we used to dip cattle in arsenic and cyanide for ticks...two of the most poisonous metallic elements to humans...Australian ticks are immune now...Cattle dips have left a poisonous legacy all over Australia, but the practice wasn't stopped because of this, It was only stopped because it doesn't work on the ticks anymore...
Rat poison uses arsenic, and there are now rats in Australia that can now eat it with no ill effect...crazy or what?
Read up on this...scary stuff...

Rabidface

Forum Veteran
I already eat like a poor person. My future won't be affected by anything. I have no kids. So meh.
I think they should dip cattle in beef gravy to make the meat beefier. They should also feed cattle beef for the same reasons. Mad cow disease is a myth. Didn't really happen. It was just a really stupid bunch of cows. Spaz cows.

Metalman

Functional Poly-drug Addict + D.A.R.E. Supporter
I ate a watermelon seed and it grew inside me bigger bigger bigger until it was finished and that's my story.

ZeroK

SCIENCE AVENGER
Screenshot_2021-06-08-02-36-44.png

Back