Ontario: Kijiji Ad & Murder (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Kijiji Ad Leads To Murder

BY CHRIS DOUCETTE,TORONTO SUN
FIRST POSTED: FRIDAY, MAY 10, 2013

HAMILTON, ONT. - The apparent abduction of a loving husband and father took another sinister turn as investigators found evidence his suspected kidnappers drove through Brantford Monday night.

And Tim Bosma, 32, may not have been the first person the two men targeted while pretending to be interested in buying a pickup truck advertised online.

Hamilton Police have revealed the missing man’s cellphone was found late Thursday in an industrial area in the west end of Brantford.

“Last night, police conducted a ground search of a very large area, nothing further of Mr. Bosma’s was found,” Det.-Sgt. Matt Kavanagh said at a press conference Friday.

He said police have also “received information” that Bosma’s 2007 black Dodge Ram 3500 diesel pickup was spotted around 10:10 p.m. Monday in downtown Brantford, about 25 km west of his home.

The self-employed family man posted an ad on Kijiji in an effort to sell his truck for $27,000.

Two men, believed to be from Toronto, responded to the ad by cellphone and showed up at Bosma’s home in rural Ancaster to take the vehicle for a test drive around 9:30 p.m. Monday. It’s believed the pair may have been dropped off by a third person.

“He smiled at me and said he’ll be right back,” Bosma’s distraught wife, Sharlene, said of her husband at a heartbreaking press conference held Thursday. “I haven’t seen him since.”

More than 150 officers conducted an extensive search by air and on the ground but four days later neither Bosma nor his truck, with Ontario licence plate 726 7ZW, have been located.

Investigators have now obtained cellphone records for the number they believe the men called Bosma from, a phone registered under “a bogus name.” Kavanagh said the phone has been “turned off” since it was used to call Bosma.

However, through the phone records police identified a Toronto man who took the same two men for a test drive in his vehicle — which is “similar to Bosma’s” and was also advertised for sale online — a day before the Ancaster man vanished.

The pair showed up at the man’s business on foot in the middle of the day last Sunday, Kavanagh said.

“The owner of this vehicle was not harmed,” he said. ”He’s a very large individual and I think that was his advantage.”

The man was able to add to the description of the men Bosma’s wife provided to police.

Both men are white and believed to be in their early 20s.

The first man is described as about 6-foot-1 or 6-foot-2, 170 to 180 pounds, with short light to medium brown hair, unshaven, wearing blue jeans, a long-sleeve orange shirt, running shoes and several tattoos on his arms.

Most notably of the tattoos was the word “ambition,” framed by a box, tattooed on his wrist “where a person wears a watch,” Kavanagh said.

The second man is 5-foot-9 or 5-foot-10, with a small to medium build, dark hair and wore a red hooded sweatshirt with the hood up over his head.

Police are urging businesses and any individuals with surveillance cameras in Brantford to check the footage from Monday, between 9:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m., for the pickup truck or anything out of the ordinary.

Source

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
No Motive For Tim Bosna Murder

HAMILTON - Hamilton Police Det.-Sgt. Matt Kavanaugh had to break the news to Sharlene Bosma that her husband will never be coming home to her and their two-year-old daughter.

But he still can’t tell the distraught widow why.

“I don’t know the motive at this time,” Kavanaugh said Wednesday.

The charred remains of Ancaster’s Tim Bosma [burned beyond recognition], who disappeared just over a week ago, have been found 50 kilometres away on a farm owned by a man now accused of killing him.

Waterloo Regional Police cordoned off the sprawling rural property on Roseville Rd., just west of Cambridge, late Tuesday and held the crime scene for Hamilton Police after learning a portable incinerator was spotted in a field.

Hours later, investigators’ worst fears were realized as they confirmed remains found at the grisly scene were that of the missing 32-year-old.

Officers spent Tuesday gathering evidence at the farm, reportedly bought two years ago for $835,000 by Dellen Millard, 27, who will be formally charged with first-degree murder on Wednesday. He had been in custody on charges of forcible confinement and theft over $5,000 charges.

A green tent was erected to protect the scene at the edge of a field just inside a tree line, believed to be the same spot where a neighbour spotted the incinerator.

“It’s very sad,” said Cambridge resident Rita Lanoie, who stopped by the farm. “This should never have happened.”

Police are hunting for at least two others in Bosma’s slaying and they also continue to search an aviation hanger in Waterloo, where the accused operated his family’s business, Millardair.

Millard is seen on the Facebook profile of Andrew Michalski, a friend who has been the subject of intense online scrutiny. They appear together in numerous photos working on vehicles in the family’s hanger.

But Michalski has contacted police and is not a suspect in Bosma’s murder.

“Andrew has been identified, he has been interviewed and cleared as having involvement,” Kavanaugh said.

Source

Wayne Kerr

a fuck off is always acceptable*
This user was banned
I wonder if they killed him first, or just burned him alive?

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I would carry my pistola anywhere i intended to meet someone online.

Have fun with that, Canada.

The guy certainly wasn't being very careful: he went on the test drive with the 2 men at around 9:30pm when it was already dark out. His wife also noted that the 2 men arrived from the road and walked up the driveway (which is a fairly long driveway) to the house - no car in sight.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I wonder if they killed him first, or just burned him alive?

I think that they killed him first (I know, "bummer", lol) and then burned the body. The police haven't released an actual cause of death (gunshot, stabbing, blunt force, etc) but the killers did have a newly purchased portable incinerator near the body but obviously didn't have time to shove him into it.

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
The guy certainly wasn't being very careful: he went on the test drive with the 2 men at around 9:30pm when it was already dark out. His wife also noted that the 2 men arrived from the road and walked up the driveway (which is a fairly long driveway) to the house - no car in sight.
I agree. This was more due to a lack of foresight than anything. However, as i understand it, he couldn't have had a pistol on him even if he chose to.

I can.

beaverbreath

Well Known Member
The incinerator was a massive unit for disposing of dead and diseased livestock. Could reduce a carcass to ashes in an hour.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Kijiji Killer, Dellen Millard, Charged With Two More Deaths

April 11, 2014.

The so-called Kijiji killing, one of the most mystifying murder cases in Canada, has gotten even stranger.

What started out as the inexplicable death of a man trying to sell his truck via online classifieds ad has blossomed into a case involving an alleged staged suicide and the disappearance of a young woman police now believe is dead.

Police in Ontario announced Thursday they've tied all three deaths to one man but aren't prepared to connect-the-dots publicly, leaving people to speculate.

The announcement was followed on Friday by the court appearance of a new face in the case, a woman who is reportedly Dellen Millard's girlfriend.

21-year-old Christine Noudga of Toronto was charged with being an accessory after the fact in Bosma's death. The Crown alleges she helped Millard and Mark Smich, his acquaintance and co-accused, escape after the alleged murder.

Noudga appeared in court Friday, shackled and biting her lip in nervousness, CBC News reported.

Millard and Smich were charged last year with first-degree murder in the death of Tim Bosma of Ancaster, Ont., who disappeared last May after taking two men for a test drive in his truck.

The burned remains of his body were found a week later on an Ontario farm owned by Millard.

News reports of the killing also prompted questions about the June 2012 disappearance of Toronto resident Laura Babock, Millard's reputed former girlfriend.

Police also reopened the file on the apparent suicide of Millard's father, Wayne, the owner of an aircraft-maintenance company, who died of what looked at the time like a self-inflicted gunshot wound in November 2012. His then 26-year-old son, who lived with his father, inherited the Waterloo, Ont.-based business.

On Thursday, Ontario Provincial Police announced they'd charged Millard and Smich with the first-degree murder of Babcock. It's not clear whether Babcock's remains have been found.

Millard is also charged with first-degree murder in the death of his father.

Read More

Back