bizarre Oxygen Was First Proven To Be Combustible In The 17th Century (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr Deacon

Lick the Window of Life
I have a huge tank of oxygen at home thanks to cluster headaches. Every couple of years a fire engine turns up and a team of firemen do a risk assessment in my house. They fit new smoke alarms which is a bonus 😂.
Could you set it off and film it? Just for us? Please...? In someone else's house of course.

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
Could you set it off and film it? Just for us? Please...? In someone else's house of course.

Oxygen itself isn’t flammable, but speeds up combustion reactions. I’ve shown my kids the classic science experiment where I fill up a test tube with oxygen, and then put a match that’s just gone out inside and watch it ‘pop’ back into a flame.

If I decide to Keith Flint someone’s house, I will certainly dress my kids up as ‘Firestarter’ (so I don’t get arrested), play the iconic song at full volume and film the whole debacle. 😂

ZeroK

SCIENCE AVENGER
I have a huge tank of oxygen at home thanks to cluster headaches. Every couple of years a fire engine turns up and a team of firemen do a risk assessment in my house. They fit new smoke alarms which is a bonus 😂.
Here we use oxygen and triptans for treatment of Cluster HA. Verapamil is used as a preventive therapy

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
Here we use oxygen and triptans for treatment of Cluster HA. Verapamil is used as a preventive therapy

Same in the UK. I’ve had sumatriptan auto-injectors and nasal sprays. A neurologist also prescribed me a high dose reducing course of prednisone to help abort an attack (60mg for 3 days, then every 2 days reduce by 10mg) which worked well.

Since being in rehab, maintaining recovery and learning to harness my ADHD beneficially, and reduce stress with modern spiritual learning and meditation, I haven’t had an attack in nearly 3 years. I used to get a 4-6 week attack at least once a year.

For those that don’t know, cluster headaches are the most unimaginably painful headaches. They’ve reduced me to tears while banging my head into walls. It’s like an electrified red hot knife is being twisted into the side of your head while the back of the eye is being stabbed by hot needles. Half my head sweated and the eye on the same side swells up and goes red.

Here is an artist’s impression…

IMG_6845.jpeg

McM

ARSELING
Oxygen itself isn’t flammable, but speeds up combustion reactions.
In my apprenticeship as mechanic, we filled for fun big plastic waste bags like balloons with oxygen from the welding place and threw a thin rod tipped with grease piercing the bag. Gives a combustive reaction too.
The welders had a special 'fat' for their hoses and valves to prevent that. Oxygen under pressure + fat isn't a good idea for a safe workplace...

Back