Patrick W. Kearney (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Victim13

victim13
21.+Paul+Kearney.png

Patrick W. Kearney is the top ranked Californian freeway killer. An exceptionally neat and organized murderer, Pat left his dismembered victims neatly wrapped in trash bags along the Californian highways. Kearney and his live-in lover, David D. Hill, both army veterans, lived in a meticulously clean bachelor pad in Redondo Beach from where they started their homicidal escapades.
On July 13, 1977, the electronic engineer for the Los Angeles Hughes Aircraft Co. was indicted on three counts of murder by a Riverside, California grand jury. Charges against his roommate and best friend, David Hill, were dropped because of lack of evidence. Patrick Kearney was being investigated in connection with at least twenty-eight murders of gay men.
Hill and Kearney turned themselves in on July 1, pointing to a wanted poster with their pictures announcing: "We're them." Most of the information about the murders came from Kearneys statements to police. Bodies of many of the victims were found in plastic garbage bags along highways from south Los Angeles to the border of Mexico, and several of the bodies had been dismembered after being shot. Kearney was indicted for the slayings of three men, aged 21, 24, and 17.

The first victim was found in April 1975, with five more bodies turning up by the end of 1976. All the victims were nude, shot in the head with a small caliber gun, and dumped along the highway. Most were transient young men who frequented the gay crusing areas and hangouts in and around Hollywood and Los Angeles. At Hill and Kearneys Redondo Beach house investigators found a hacksaw with blood stains matching one of the victims, as well as hair and carpet samples that were found on the victims. Kearney and Hill had fled to Mexico, but surrendered when persuaded by relatives.

On December 21, 1977, Kearney plead guilty to three murders and was sentenced to life imprisonment by Superior Court Judge John Hews. On February 21, 1978, Kearney plead guilty before judge Dickran Tevrizzian Jr. to eighteen slayings of men and boys in exchange for a promise from the prosecution that he would not be given the death penalty. Kearney also provided details of the related killings of another eleven gay men, bringing the total to thirty-two victims. Kearney is currently serving his sentence at Calipatria State Prison in California.

The "Trash Bag Murders," as they were known, started in 1975 and ended on July 5, 1977, when the couple walked into the Sheriff's Information Center in Riverside, saw a wanted poster of themselves and surrendered. Hill was subsequently released for lack of evidence. Kearney shouldered the guilt and confessed that killing "excited him and gave him a feeling of dominance."

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
This user was banned
Another great read Victim, they certainly went after easy enough victim's.Poor young gay dude's didn't stand A chance against these 2!! Thanks;)

Victim13

victim13
Another great read Victim, they certainly went after easy enough victim's.Poor young gay dude's didn't stand A chance against these 2!! Thanks;)

Yeah. Found this site with some obscure SK's on it. SK's who kill gay men, with the exception of Dahmer and Gacy, and, for people like us, Nilsen and Corll, don't get as much attention as others. They definitely did some nasty stuff and most have high numbers of vics.

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
This user was banned
Yeah. Found this site with some obscure SK's on it. SK's who kill gay men, with the exception of Dahmer and Gacy, and, for people like us, Nilsen and Corll, don't get as much attention as others. They definitely did some nasty stuff and most have high numbers of vics.
Well keep up the great post's! I appreciate some great NEW stuff to look at! Nobody post's new gore or anything interesting hardly on here any more, so your's are much appreciated!;)

NightMare

My gift to you, a Nightmare of terror
Great post! I must admit that I have never heard of this guy either! Quite a while ago,(in years) I was informed about a possible freeway killer working the major hiways from New York to Seattle with all points in between on just about every freeway in the states. The killer had not been caught and as far as I know they have never caught him. They think he is a truck driver and is respondible for at least 500 kills from the late 60's to the present. I read some police notes on it but havn't heard any thing on him again. This guy just reminds me of that alert I read so many years ago.

Victim13

victim13
Great post! I must admit that I have never heard of this guy either! Quite a while ago,(in years) I was informed about a possible freeway killer working the major hiways from New York to Seattle with all points in between on just about every freeway in the states. The killer had not been caught and as far as I know they have never caught him. They think he is a truck driver and is respondible for at least 500 kills from the late 60's to the present. I read some police notes on it but havn't heard any thing on him again. This guy just reminds me of that alert I read so many years ago.

Whack-jobs aplenty in this fair land of ours.

Back