Reaching out. . . . with a touch of Accuracy (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wino

DILLIGAF
top shot this

On September 12th, a known Taliban commander appeared on the back of a motorcycle with a passenger riding pillion. There was a British patrol in the village of Gorup-e Shesh Kalay and under the rules of engagement, the walkie-talkie the Taliban pair were carrying was designated a hostile act. As they drove off, Osmond fired warning shots with his pistol and then picked up his L96, the same weapon – serial number 0166 – he had used in Iraq and on the butt of which he had written, ‘I love u 0166’.
Taking deliberate aim, he fired a single shot. The bike tumbled and both men fell onto the road and lay there motionless. When the British patrol returned, they checked the men and confirmed they were both dead, with large holes through their heads.

sniper_1847033c.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/8376808/Dead-Men-Risen-The-snipers-story.html

mrln

silent ghost
nice! too bad he didnt have a rpg and blew a vehicle up with 15 of them pussyassholes in it and see it go sky high!
but still nice never the less 2 birds with one stone. saweeet!!

Rafael Dutra

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAH
it could have been better...i see targets in the grass in the background.....

too get a nice shoot, you must check the wind direction, i guess the wind was strong at that moment, that's why he had not the guys as a target, but he shot a with a little distance from them to shoot with wind effect

p4irs

totally shitposter, with Dunning–Kruger effect
too get a nice shoot, you must check the wind direction, i guess the wind was strong at that moment, that's why he had not the guys as a target, but he shot a with a little distance from them to shoot with wind effect
it was one shot 2 heads. pretty sweet. and you were right about the wind effect
Gazing through the telescopic sight of his M24 rifle, Staff Sgt Jim Gilliland, leader of Shadow sniper team, fixed his eye on the Iraqi insurgent who had just killed an American soldier.

His quarry stood nonchalantly in the fourth-floor bay window of a hospital in battle-torn Ramadi, still clasping a long-barrelled Kalashnikov. Instinctively allowing for wind speed and bullet drop, Shadow's commander aimed 12 feet high.

A single shot hit the Iraqi in the chest and killed him instantly. It had been fired from a range of 1,250 metres, well beyond the capacity of the powerful Leupold sight, accurate to 1,000 metres.

mrln

silent ghost
it was one shot 2 heads. pretty sweet. and you were right about the wind effect

yes! i was wondering where i could find that story. i saw that last month on the military channel. it was prety sweet! :)
this sgt set the new standards of that rifle too!

marksmanship is a true discipline, much more than just being 'a good shot'.. truly professional and nerves of steel.

Back