Sandy Lertzman (62) killed herself and 31 of her rescue dogs via asphyxiation (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Search 'n Destroy

Well Known Member
377561_2705563435563_996782969_n.jpg

Date: Nov 04, 2013
Suicide by: Asphyxiation

An Ohio woman who lived much of her life as an animal lover may have died a dog killer.

Sandra Lertzman, 62, was found dead along with 31 of her dogs, many of them puppies, in a running car in the garage of her Moreland Hills home on Monday.

Investigators told WOIO that they found a suicide note in the house and several prescription vials in the vehicle. It wasn't clear how she and the pups died.

One of the dogs managed to survive by finding a small opening in the garage where it could breathe, authorities said.

Police said one of the dogs managed to escape from the car and survived.

Police said one of the dogs managed to escape from the car and survived.

Lertzman was the executive director of the Animal Rights Foundation and, according to the group's website, had been involved in animal rescue for almost 40 years.

"She was an animal lover. She feeds deer, dogs. She boarded dogs several years ago," a neighbor, who did not want to be identified, told WOIO.

There were also several cats inside the house that have been taken in by a caretaker. The lone surviving pooch was given to a family member.

morbid soul

Wanna grab a bite????
this is f***** up! if she wanted to die, then die b****! but to take the lives of the loyal animals is going to far! i love animals and choose them over a person anyday, all day lol. thats my opinion anyway!

Snicker

Sickest Bitch
Yeah,that's either an old phot or they've got her age wrong- cause that woman is no nae 62year old! Poor cow obviously thought that the dugs would be better off dead with her than alive without her. Shame she couldn't have found at least some new homes if her intention was to die.

NightMare

My gift to you, a Nightmare of terror
Maybe she thought that the dogs would never be with anyone who could love them as much as she does. I know it sounds way fucked up but I kinda can see it that way. I have 7 dogs whom I love with all my heart. Each one with their own personality and their own place in my life. One is so attached to me that if I leave for more than a day she will hide under the bed and whimper until I return, no one can touch her during this time. She is only one out of seven. If I knew I was going to die soon I would place as many of them that I could before I die, but if I knew that some could not make it without me I would think about taking them with me. Not out of hate but out of love. Like a mother who lives in the worse conditions imaginable with little ones to care for, knowing that the children could be raped and killed in front of her or she in front of them. Looking forward to no real future ever, that she kills her children and then herself. Is it out of a twisted sense of love or sick in the head? Maybe both. Think outside the box, sometimes death comes out of love, but to most it doesn't make it any less fucked up.

marisa76

Lurker
I. An believe she did it out of love but its sad those dogs could have went to another home. I have a rescue cat it hurts to think that someone didn't want her. Its sadder that those dogs did suffer. Not being able to breath hurts. That's makes me sad. She can die, not the innocent puppies. Not the puppies.

Pixiedust

Serial Killer has been made.....
Did the pups live in cages or neglected? Thats an awful lot of pups to have in one place without adequate means of living space. Too bad she didnt think ahead and call animal control to come get them b4 she killed herself.

Back