Science teacher's home raided in connection with pipe bomb explosion outside principal's house (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
An investigation into a pipe bomb that exploded outside the home of a Massachusetts high school principal, damaging his car, has led to a teacher in the school.
Federal agents searched the Woonsocket, Rhode Island home of Susan Seery, a Bellingham High School science teacher,Metro West Daily News reports.
Bellingham High School Principal Lucas Giguere called police on Nov. 16 reporting the explosion outside his home in Blackstone, Massachusetts. While initially reported as possible vandalism to police after a "loud bang shook his home," Giguere - a former U.S. Marine sergeant - found his Jeep sustained extensive damage from a pipe bomb placed near the vehicle.
Town police called in state and federal authorities for the investigation.
The raid of the home Seery, 62, shares with her son was conducted by agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Seery was placed on administrative leave two days before the pipe bomb exploded outside Giguere's home, Bellingham School Superintendent Peter Marano confirmed to Metro West.
In days following the explosion, the school held a "Principal Pride Day."
Bellingham students were encouraged to wear a Blackhawk - the school's mascot - shirt or sports jersey. A banner was printed for students to sign messages of support.
"Two of our core values at BHS are compassion and perseverance, and we are demonstrating these in a show of support and solidarity in light of recent events," organizers wrote in a statement."I consider myself to be private by nature and am typically not comfortable with such public attention," Giguere wrote in a statement. "However, I truly appreciate your positive thoughts and kind words throughout the last four days."
As a Marine, Giguere said he is "hard-wired to adapt and overcome situations by taking actionable steps." As an educator, he said the most important step now is "to model perseverance for our students during this challenging situation."
Science teacher's home raided in connection with pipe bomb explosion outside Bellingham principal's home

Back