accident Someone Just Couldn't Wait (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr An onymous

Well Known Member
That was a really stupid traffic control device.
They aren't. They're very common in the UK. The driver was just an idiot and driving several times the speed limit of the area. Those are only in place on slow roads <30mph.

Why is the roadway median even there?
Ironically for the Bently, to slow down the throughput of traffic through the village 🤣

GarGoil

Forum Veteran
They aren't. They're very common in the UK. The driver was just an idiot and driving several times the speed limit of the area. Those are only in place on slow roads <30mph.

Ironically for the Bently, to slow down the throughput of traffic through the village 🤣
To force idiots to slow down

How exactly does it maintain the safety of the roadway to force two-way traffic into a one-way segment of the path? Maybe they try what the British call sleeping policemen/speed bumps.

SJW-Snowflake❄️

From the Land Down Under 🇦🇺
How exactly does it maintain the safety of the roadway to force two-way traffic into a one-way segment of the path? Maybe they try what the British call sleeping policemen/speed bumps.
The traffic on the cameraman's side has to give way to traffic coming the other way, the speed limit is low, and it's just designed to force people to slow down. I'm in Australia, we have similar things in areas with high pedestrian traffic, or on back street "rat runs" where people are known to speed. It's designed to stop people driving like that moron in the Bentley was. :shrug:

I mean any normal human would try to avoid wrecking their car, especially a nice one like that. Lol.

Damo0666™️

Master Baiter..... 🎣🎣🎣
My thoughts exactly. I have no idea what the alleged purpose of that median even is.
They have these all over the UK and they're used on roads where the speed limit is low 20/30mph, they're designed to stop people speeding and make the roads safer and in most cases they work but you always get that nob (like the Bentley driver) who doesn't know how to drive and crashes into them 🤣

They're normally only used on roads that have very little traffic, they are rather annoying but I prefer these over speed cameras 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20240216_092711_Chrome.jpg

Gone crazy back soon

Farts in elevators
They have these all over the UK and they're used on roads where the speed limit is low 20/30mph, they're designed to stop people speeding and make the roads safer and in most cases they work but you always get that nob (like the Bentley driver) who doesn't know how to drive and crashes into them 🤣

They're normally only used on roads that have very little traffic, they are rather annoying but I prefer these over speed cameras 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 752569
Thank you for the explanation. 🍻

Mr An onymous

Well Known Member
They force drivers to slow down and give way. They work perfectly fine. The brits have the safest roads in the populated developed world

GarGoil

Forum Veteran
They force drivers to slow down and give way. They work perfectly fine. The brits have the safest roads in the populated developed world
Does this so called 'safety mechanism' force the vehicle operator to drive against the flow of traffic on the incorrect side of the roadway?

Mr An onymous

Well Known Member
Does this so called 'safety mechanism' force the vehicle operator to drive against the flow of traffic on the incorrect side of the roadway?
Yes. It causes you to slow down or stop, assess your situation and drive when clear. They're always in places with a lot of visibility and on slow roads. Perfectly safe if you have a functioning brain and a drivers license. If not, probably shouldn't be behind a wheel

Back