Space Drugs Factory Denied Reentry to Earth (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cold Ethyl

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Varda’s in-space manufacturing capsule.

After manufacturing crystals of an HIV drug in space, the first orbital factory is stuck in orbit after being denied reentry back to Earth due to safety concerns

The U.S. Air Force denied a request from Varda Space Industries to land its in-space manufacturing capsule at a Utah training area, while the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) did not grant the company permission to reenter Earth’s atmosphere, leaving its spacecraft hanging as the company scrambles to find a solution, TechCrunch first reported. A spokesperson from the FAA told TechCrunch in an emailed statement that the company’s request was not granted at this time “due to the overall safety, risk and impact analysis.”

It’s a very different type of re-entry capsule. If you think about it, both Dragon and Starliner, these are [SpaceX] vehicles that are $100 million-plus, minimum, to build, and billion-dollar-plus total programs. These are meant to carry humans, have active control, fully pressurized environments,” Asparouhov is quoted as saying in an interview in Ars Technica. “We are effectively the polar opposite type of re-entry vehicle. If those are luxurious limousines, we’re building like a 1986 Toyota Corolla that is meant to be less than a million bucks a pop, quickly refurbished, and then shot right back into space.”

Varda’s in-space manufacturing capsule is a byproduct of a growing space industry, which grants easier access to low Earth orbit. The current regulatory debacle is a also the result of a young space industry, one in which proper regulations of spacecraft are still taking shape.

igotyour40acres

Forum Veteran
Can somebody get me any space coke?
xT9DPJIDm7ZrKL2rhm.gif

ZeroK

SCIENCE AVENGER
Isn't HIV/AIDS pretty much in check these days? With PREP/PEP/PMTCT and an array of ARTs don't the pole smokers, needle junkies, Haitians and Africans have a buffet of meds available to them? Why do we need to have space AIDS drugs?

@ZeroK, @Flatus Tube any medical opinion about this? @Brainfart anything you can add from the faggot POV?
It sure has come a long way from when it was called GRID. Gay Related Immune Deficiency. Although there’s no cure or vaccine two significant cases are the ‘Mississippi Baby’ and the ‘Berlin Patient’ who developed undetectable HIV levels

McM

ARSELING
The Hep C therapy is much better and easier now, a few people told me.
Years ago, it had quite a lot of side effects and kept many away from going to a doctor.
Most HIV patients have Hepatitis C too.
I don't have anything; been always very cautious/reluctant with the stuff. And no homo erectus anyway. 😄

Dr. Johnny Fever

aka Bill Murray
It sure has come a long way from when it was called GRID. Gay Related Immune Deficiency. Although there’s no cure or vaccine two significant cases are the ‘Mississippi Baby’ and the ‘Berlin Patient’ who developed undetectable HIV levels
Yes, its gone from being a guaranteed death sentence to an almost a chronic disease. Its my understanding that there's a few reasons why there isn't a vaccine for the various flavors of HIV but as long as there's no willingness to use live attenuated virus there's never going to be a vaccine.

Brainfart

Don't take what I say seriously...
Isn't HIV/AIDS pretty much in check these days? With PREP/PEP/PMTCT and an array of ARTs don't the pole smokers, needle junkies, Haitians and Africans have a buffet of meds available to them? Why do we need to have space AIDS drugs?

@ZeroK, @Flatus Tube any medical opinion about this? @Brainfart anything you can add from the faggot POV?
Good try, arse bandit...go and fuck another pro in the shitter...

Back