Survived Tornado ~ Killed By Dog (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Survived Colorado Tornado ~ Killed By Dog

At the tender age of five, surviving a tornado a mile wide is, at the least, traumatizing. Being separated from mom and dad after that, and living in a strange house, is enough to make a little boy break down and cry.

Through the eyes of a dog, possessive of its owner, a stranger in the house screaming at a family member can look like a threat that must be dealt with.

The two scenarios cruelly collided over the weekend when a 150-lb bull mastiff fatally mauled a 5-year-old boy, puncturing his head and neck.

Lynn Geiling had taken the little boy into her Jessieville, Arkansas, home after he and his family survived a monster tornado that in May waylaid Moore, Oklahoma. His parents had returned home, 200 miles away, to gather up the pieces of their lives.

Sunday, something upset the child and he threw a temper tantrum, the country sheriff's office said.

Geiling went over to calm him, but the screaming upset another family member -- Geiling's dog.

The dog probably thought the boy was attacking its owner, said Garland County Deputy Scott Hinojosa.

It lunged for him.

Geiling fought to unlock the dog's jaws from around the boy while calling to her husband for help, the sheriff's office said.

She pried the dog loose, but the damage was done.

The couple rushed the bleeding boy to meet an ambulance, which took him to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Authorities did not release his name.

The dog ran away but was later captured. No charges have been filed against Geiling, Hinojosa said.

"I am just really sorry that this happened in Garland County to people who have undergone such tragedy. It makes your heart bleed for them," Garland County Justice of the Peace Mary Bournival told CNN affiliate KATV.

She was close to tears. As justice of the peace, she has seen too many maulings by dogs.

She keeps a collection of gruesome photos of people with flesh torn away from their arms, legs and faces by "bully" breeds, as she calls them.

"I would say just in the last two months we've had at least seven attacks involving these dogs," she said.

Her county has some of the most relaxed laws in the state, she said. "We don't even have a simple leash law."

She wants that to change.

But that would be too little too late for the little boy and his family.

Source

D

dankhead

Internet Warrior
Now this makes me wonder if they are going to ban "bully" dogs, with statistics like those stated here.

blacklotus

the mind is like a parachute, works best when open
thats awful :(. what a tragic accident though for all involved. there is no mention of the dog being violent in the past.

Mickey

Forum Veteran
I have the same attitude about all these large-sized aggressive dogs that anti-gun people have about assault rifles: There's no reason the average person should be allowed to own one. Mastiffs, pitbulls, german shepards, dobermans, presa canarios, great danes, etc. These breeds and other similar breeds were bred for fighting, hunting, guarding, and law enforcement purposes. The average person shouldn't be allowed to own any of them because shit like this happens all the time. There's a reason why certain breeds are banned in some cities and it's to prevent things like this from happening.

blacklotus

I have the same attitude about all these large-sized aggressive dogs that anti-gun people have about assault rifles: There's no reason the average person should be allowed to own one. Mastiffs, pitbulls, german shepards, dobermans, presa canarios, great danes, etc. These breeds and other similar breeds were bred for fighting, hunting, guarding, and law enforcement purposes. The average person shouldn't be allowed to own any of them because shit like this happens all the time. There's a reason why certain breeds are banned in some cities and it's to prevent things like this from happening.
i understand what you are saying, but there have been cases in england where children have been mauled by jack russells, and they are tiny dogs. personally i think the size is irrelevent, it is down to the individual dog, and how they have been raised. Dogs from pounds can have psychological issues too.

Mickey

Forum Veteran
i understand what you are saying, but there have been cases in england where children have been mauled by jack russells, and they are tiny dogs. personally i think the size is irrelevent, it is down to the individual dog, and how they have been raised. Dogs from pounds can have psychological issues too.
No, there's a huge difference between a little 10lb JR terrier and a 150lb mastiff. At least a little kid has a chance of fighting off a small dog and surviving the attack. A 5 year old kid doesn't stand a chance against a huge powerful dog like a mastiff or any of the other types of breeds I mentioned in my comment. And rottweillers too, I forgot to list rottweilers in my previous comment. They're one of the most notorious breeds for attacking people. There's a big difference between a small dog that can cause a few bite wounds, and a large powerful dog that can tear somebody to pieces and kill them. I'd rather be attacked by a small dog that I could kick a couple of times and get it off me, than be attacked by a large powerful dog that can knock me to the ground and tear my throat out. All these types of dogs are dangerous and deadly and should be banned in every state, or at least only certain people should be allowed to own them.

blacklotus

there has been at least two babies die from jack russell attacks in the uk in the last 12 months. They really are spiteful, but because they are small, they arent classed as nasty. i agree there is more of a chance of fighting them off than a bigger dog, but i dont agree with all big dogs being dangerous. i know people with big dogs and they are so placid. Any dog can be dangerous if they want to be, people have just got to be more aware. Its a shame all dogs are tarred with the same brush, just because of their breed.

Back