disaster Taking The Fam On A Drive (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
As long as the distance to reach is less than 330 Ft when you contact the water you will make it across at a speed of 30 mph which is when aquaplaning occurs. The crossing speed of the water needs to be less than 15 mph.
And you must make sure the car never goes dead which will depend on where your starter and air intake are located.
If you are in a 2003-2006 Jeep rubicon that is 12in off the ground and as long as the water depth doesn't reach 4 ft you can cross a distance of about a 1 mile at 20-25 mph. But you will have to change the oil in your front and rear lockers afterward and possibly your transmission fluid in your bell housing.
He wasn't driving fast enough for hydroplaning to occur. He was forced off the road by the force of rushing water.

Russellmark11

Mcsnacks
He wasn't driving fast enough for hydroplaning to occur. He was forced off the road by the force of rushing water.
It was probably too far to aquaplane it across anyway. But it would have put him in a better situation. You can't baby it across. Have to give it all it can take never hesistate.

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
It was probably too far to aquaplane it across anyway. But it would have put him in a better situation. You can't baby it across. Have to give it all it can take never hesistate.
I don't think you are understanding the difference between driving through rapidly flowing flood water versus slow moving or still water.

Russellmark11

Mcsnacks
I don't think you are understanding the difference between driving through rapidly flowing flood water versus slow moving or still water.
No I drrive thru a swollen river anytime it rains over 4 in within a 24 hour period. It won't push you around too much as long as you keep your momentum and the windshield wipers on high. I try not to drive thru it when possible because the cleanup afterwards is no picnic.

yotgguitar

"Hiro" aka: "Dolly"... the homo britfag dicksucker
Typical of "men" from that part of the world..... the woman should've been driving....

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
No I drrive thru a swollen river anytime it rains over 4 in within a 24 hour period. It won't push you around too much as long as you keep your momentum and the windshield wipers on high. I try not to drive thru it when possible because the cleanup afterwards is no picnic.
You would drive through raging water like in the video which moved that vehicle quite a bit more than not too much off the road?

Deadkennedy

IcedUraPnesSpidey
Warning: GPS is not a replacement for common sense...
No joke, I had an employee friggin follow the GPS instructions to a fault.
GPS voice said make a u-turn when possible and he whipped a yewie on a four-lane road and t-boned a car....
Luckily, nobody was injured except his employment status.

Back