Vladimir Bratislav (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

b2ux

Banned
This user was banned
Vladimir Bratislav

no pictures at all for this one.... any would be appreciated...

A.K.A.: "The Beast of Lysva"

Classification: Serial killer
Characteristics: Rape - Robberies - Mutilation
Number of victims: 30 +
Date of murders: March 1997 - June 1998
Date of arrest: June 10, 1998
Date of birth: 1976
Victims profile: Young women
Method of murder: Strangulation - Beating

Bratislav, Vladimir (1976 - )

Known as the Beast of Lysva. Raped and killed 30 women between March 1997 and June 1998 in Russia. He was arrested in June 1998 when he let one of his victims go and she was able to identify him. He was sentenced to life in prison.

Vladimir Bratislav, the Beast of Lysva, raped, mutilated and murdered in more than a year's time thirty young women. Right now, he's a prisoner in the prison of Solikamsk in the Urals where he's serving a life sentence. Bratislav says that, whenever he sees a woman, he feels the urge to assault her immediately.

The 50.000 inhabitants of Lysva never had a clue about who Bratislav really was. No one would suspect him. He's the son of a prosperous working-manager who, ironically, promised a reward to anyone who could give any information about the case. Bratislav's brother is a member of the Russian civil army, the militia. Vladimir sometimes went along when his brother and other policemen searched for the serial killer.

In Lysva, there's only in two places some amusement to find: the Poesjkinpark and the local nightclub. That was the hunting ground of the serial killer. There he looked out for attractive women which he unanimously called whores. Psychiatrists think his atrocities were fed by a humiliating sexual experience in his teenage years. When he was fourteen, an older woman rejected him. He couldn't maintain an erection; he failed. That would be the cause.

In March 1997, he raped and killed his first victim in a way that's too horrifying for words. After the first murder, Bratislav went to see a priest, but this one wouldn' t listen to him, although he really regretted the killing. Bratislav then figured that, if even a priest wasn't interested, how would anyone else be? He assumed that he couldn't expect any help from anyone. Although Bratislav felt guilty after that first murder, it didn't take long to kill again. Hardly one week later, he struck again. This time his victim was a woman who was jogging in the park, early in the morning. First, he raped her, he beat her up and bit in her breasts before he eventually strangled her.

Bratislav tries to minimalize his own share in the murders. He claims that he only wanted to rob his victims from their jewelry, but that he killed them once they saw his face. He doesn't know how to explain the fact why he didn't sell those jewels then. He claims he raped and mutilated them to distract the police. And their eyes he removed to be certain they'd never recognize him. He raped and killed only those women who wouldn't cooperate. His file says that Bratislav attempted to murder six women and that he effectively killed ten women. Bratislav himself claims he killed much more. He estimates he murdered more than thirty times.

His fourth victim, Elena Lyzhina, made the 'mistake' to look at Bratislav. The night of July 28th, 1997, he waited for her, he raped her, and he cut the eye loose from the optic nerve that runs from the eye to the brain. Miraculously, the woman survived this horrible attack, but she's permanently blind.

August 4th, he waited for Olga Kosenko when she left Lysva's nightclub early in the morning. She was found raped and strangled. His next two victims were women he knew. August 17th, he attacked the 18 years old Anna Maraku-lina from behind until he realized that he knew her. At first, he tried to make his attack look as a joke, but she didn't believe him. He raped her and hit her on the head until the girl died.

Five days later, he killed another girl he knew, the 17 years old Maria Shetsova. He waited for her outside the club, suggested to go for a walk with her. In the Poesjkinpark, he overwhelmed and stran-gled her. He bit and chewed on her breasts and pushed a wooden stick into her mouth.

One week later, Alvira Kanzeparova was walking to the club when Bratislav attacked her. He raped and strangled her, and he put out her eyes. Once he said: "I put out their eyes because they wouldn't stare at me anymore. Is that so weird?" The only woman who escapes from his universal misogynism, is his mother. He says that she's the example of an honorable, virtuous woman.

Natalya Mezentseva made the catching of Bratislav happen. June 10th, 1998, he attacked her, but in-stead of killing her, he only took her purse, and ran off. Natalya recognized him, and called the militia.

At first, they thought it had been nothing more than an drug addict who needed money, but a couple of days later, another woman was assaulted in the park. She was severely beaten up. When Natalya drove with some police officers around the park, she saw him, and he got arrested.

At the time, he's serving a life sentence. He says he's lonely, but still, he doesn't regret any of his crimes. This man doesn't have any feeling, any morality.

Vladimir Bratislav, the Beast of Lysva, raped, mutilated and murdered in more than a year's time thirty young women. Right now, he's a prisoner in the prison of Solikamsk in the Urals where he's serving a life sentence. Bratislav says that, whenever he sees a woman, he feels the urge to assault her immediately.

The 50.000 inhabitants of Lysva never had a clue about who Bratislav really was. No one would suspect him. He's the son of a prosperous working-manager who, ironically, promised a reward to anyone who could give any information about the case. Bratislav's brother is a member of the Russian civil army, the militia. Vladimir sometimes went along when his brother and other policemen searched for the serial killer.

In Lysva, there's only two places where amusement can be found: the Poesjkinpark and the local nightclub. That was the hunting ground of the serial killer. There he looked out for attractive women which he unanimously called whores. Psychiatrists think his atrocities were fed by a humiliating sexual experience in his teenage years. When he was fourteen, an older woman rejected him. He couldn't maintain an erection; he failed. That would be the cause.

In March 1997, he raped and killed his first victim in a way that's too horrifying for words. After the first murder, Bratislav went to see a priest, but this one wouldn' t listen to him, although he really regretted the killing. Bratislav then figured that, if even a priest wasn't interested, how would anyone else be? He assumed that he couldn't expect any help from anyone. Although Bratislav felt guilty after that first murder, it didn't take long to kill again. Hardly one week later, he struck again. This time his victim was a woman who was jogging in the park, early in the morning. First, he raped her, then he beat her up and bit into her breasts before eventually strangling her.

Bratislav tries to minimalize his own share in the murders. He claims that he only wanted to rob his victims of their jewelry, but that he killed them once they saw his face. He doesn't know how to explain the fact that he didn't sell those jewels. He claims he raped and mutilated them to distract the police. And their eyes he removed to be certain they'd never recognize him. He raped and killed only those women who wouldn't cooperate. His file says that Bratislav attempted to murder six women and that he effectively killed ten women. Bratislav himself claims he killed much more. He estimates he murdered more than thirty times.

His fourth victim, Elena Lyzhina, made the 'mistake' to look at Bratislav. The night of July 28th, 1997, he waited for her, he raped her, and he cut the eye loose from the optic nerve that runs from the eye to the brain. Miraculously, the woman survived this horrible attack, but she's permanently blind.

August 4th, he waited for Olga Kosenko when she left Lysva's nightclub early in the morning. She was found raped and strangled. His next two victims were women he knew. August 17th, he attacked the 18 year old Anna Maraku-lina from behind until he realized that he knew her. At first, he tried to make his attack look as a joke, but she didn't believe him. He raped her and hit her on the head until the girl died. Five days later, he killed another girl he knew, 17 year old Maria Shetsova. He waited for her outside the club, suggested to go for a walk with her. In the Poesjkinpark, he overwhelmed and strangled her. He bit and chewed on her breasts and pushed a wooden stick into her mouth. One week later, Alvira Kanzeparova was walking to the club when Bratislav attacked her. He raped and strangled her, and he put out her eyes. Once he said: "I put out their eyes because they wouldn't stare at me anymore. Is that so weird?" The only woman who escapes from his universal misogynism, is his mother. He says that she's the example of an honorable, virtuous woman.

Natalya Mezentseva made the catching of Bratislav happen. June 10th, 1998, he attacked her, but in-stead of killing her, he only took her purse, and ran off. Natalya recognized him, and called the militia. At first, they thought it had been nothing more than an drug addict who needed money, but a couple of days later, another woman was assaulted in the park. She was severely beaten up. When Natalya drove with some police officers around the park, she saw him, and he was arrested. At the time, he's serving a life sentence. He says he's lonely, but still, he doesn't regret any of his crimes. This man doesn't have any feeling, any morality.

Hellwig

Banned
Byline: BARBARA DAVIES

IAM WALKING down a stark corridor with a dozen guards lining my route to the cell and the words of the prison officer ringing in my ears.

"You must not go within an arm's reach of him at any time. Watch your hair and keep your face and hands back. Be careful he can't reach you with his legs.

"I will be standing at the back of the cell in case he tries anything and there will be two soldiers behind him.

"His hands are cuffed behind his back and he is not allowed to move his legs. If anything happens, sit well back in your chair and leave him to us. He has been warned that if he makes a move the meeting will be terminated."

And if there is any doubt that the message hasn't got through he adds: "He is the most dangerous man I've ever met and the most prolific woman- killer we have ever seen or heard of. "If you were my wife, I wouldn't let you within a mile of him..."

I can feel beads of sweat beginning to form on the back of my neck as the prison chief takes my arm and leads me to cell number 17. It's like a scene from The Silence Of The Lambs.

At the officer's order, Vladimir Bratislav, The Beast Of Lysva, the most dangerous man in Russia's recent history, turns and repeats his name and prison number.

His appearance is shocking. Far from the ogre I expect, I am confronted by a strikingly good- looking young man.

Only his eyes - dark brown, intense, but ruthlessly cold - give any clue to the character inside. Bratislav was just 19 when he started trawling his Siberian home town for beautiful young girls to attack. Two years later, in March 1997, he raped and murdered his first victim in the most brutal manner possible. During a three-year spree, he killed, mutilated and attacked over 30 women.

To meet him, Mirror photographer Chris Grieve and I have travelled thousands of miles across Russia to the tiny town of Solykamsk. Here, on the edge of Siberia, 25-year- old Bratislav will spend the rest of his life locked up inside the White Swan maximum-security prison.

Built like a fortress, anyone foolish enough to even think of escape would be quickly killed by the temperature, which is now minus 40C. His hands cuffed behind his back, Bratislav fixes me with a stare. Refusing to show any fear, I don't look away. And then a smirk appears at the corner of his mouth.

I recall what I have read about Bratislav in his prison file. That he liked to remove his victim's eyes witha wooden stick, that he chewed at their breasts like a wild animal, that he raped and buggered them.

He has given written consent to our meeting and nods at me when the guard announces my name. Through my translator, he tells me he is happy I have come to see him. His senior guard, Oleg Kotegov, points out several psychiatric reports.

In one, Bratislav told a psychiatrist: "When I see a woman I just want to attack her straight away." "He will try to gain your sympathy," says Kotegov. "But he never gives a moment's thought for his victims. He has never shown any remorse for his crimes.

That is what is really frightening. He has no feeling, no morality." Bratislav and I sit facing each other across a desk and, bit by bit, his bizarre mind reveals itself to me.

"I get very lonely," he says. "It is hard knowing that I will spend the rest of my life here." Unwilling to feel sympathy for him,I ask how he feels when he thinks about the killings. His voice is soft when he replies: "I prefer not to think about it at all. I am just trying to get rid of my thoughts about the women.

As soon as I had killed them I just put the thought out of my mind." Bratislav stares straight at me while he speaks, and often slips into the rehearsed speech I have been warned he will give. "I had an unreal picture in my mind.

I had a totally separate life and didn't allow anyone to come into it. I would see the missing posters for the girls but I felt nothing." Bratislav's evil legacy has torn the small industrial town of Lysva apart. The 50,000 residents became paralysed by fear while a killer stalked the streets, but Bratislav was the last person anyone suspected. The son of a relatively wealthy factory manager, whose own company had put up a reward to find the killer, Bratislav enjoyed a privileged upbringing, but was a failure at school.

Like most youngsters in the bleak town, he had little to look forward to. After completing national service, he took a job as a railway worker.

Even today, the town's one nightclub and its Pushkin Park are the only places to find entertainment. But they were once Bratislav's hunting ground, where he looked for young women he considered to be sluts.

His brother was an officer in the Russian militia and, incredibly, Bratislav would travel around town in the back of police cars while officers were looking for the serial killer.

Several psychiatrists believe his brutal acts were spawned by a humiliating sexual encounter at the age of 14 when he tried and failed to make love to an older woman. He tells me about the aftermath ofhis first killing in March 1997: "I went to see the priest. He didn't even want to listen to me really. I felt really sorry for that murder, but if the priest didn't care, why should I expect sympathy from other people."

If he experienced feelings of guilt, they quickly passed. Barely a week later he killed again, this time attacking a woman out jogging in the early morning.

After raping her, he beat her and bit savagely at her breasts before strangling her. Part of the self-denial that Bratislav displays are his claims that jewellery taken from his victims was the reason for his attacks. "The only thing I wanted to do was to rob them. But when the woman saw my face, I decided to kill her to protect myself," he says, failing to explain why he never sold any of the jewellery.

"I raped and mutilated them to confuse the police," he insists. "As for the eyes, I wanted to be sure that they could never remember my face. "Only women that struggled gotraped and murdered. It's a pity that they died, but it can't be changed now. "There were many more attacks than you have seen on my file." When I ask how many more there were than the 10 murders and six attempted murders he was convicted of in 1999, he replies: "I would say more than 30." Bratislav's fourth victim, Elena Lyzhina, made the mistake of looking into his face. He pounced at 3am on July 28, 1997, raping her and removing her eyes.

Miraculously, she survived. By now, his taste for killing was insatiable.

On August 4, he lay in wait outside Lysva's nightclub. At 6am, Olga Kosenko left and was never seen again. Bratislav raped and strangled her.

His next two victims were women he knew. On August 17, he attacked 18-year-old Anna Marakulina from behind before realising he knew her and trying to pass it off as a joke. "She didn't believe me," he says. "I said we should have a cigarette together, but she said she'd rather go home." He pauses and looks down. "If youdon't mind, I'd rather not tell you the rest of the story." "I already know the rest of the story," I tell him.

Realising that Anna did not believe him, he raped her and beat her about the head until she died.Five days after Anna's death, Bratislav targeted another girl he knew - 17-year-old Maria Shetsova.

He watched her leaving the same nightclub and persuaded her to walk with him. When they reached Pushkin Park he raped and strangled her, bit and chewed at her breasts and pushed a wooden stick into her mouth. Seven days later, Alvira Kanzeparova was walking to the club when Bratislav pounced.

He raped and strangled her and gouged her eyes out. When I remind him of these attacks,Bratislav says: "All women are sluts and whores. One evening, I was waiting in the bushes near the club and I saw some stupid bitches looking for a toilet.

They pulled their skirts up and were shouting, 'Come and get us, rapist.' "I was standing a few steps away - they didn't realise how close they were to death that night. "I don't believe in free sex. I do not appreciate girls who just say, 'Today I will be with this one and tomorrow I will be with this one.' I think a woman should only have sex with her husband. I think every girl dreams of having a rich husband." "I don't," I tell him. "I dream of having a husband who can cook." He smiles at me. "I can cook really well," he says flirtatiously - I try to stop myself shuddering.

Bratislav's own mother appears to be the only person exempt from his universal hatred of women. "She's the perfect example of an honourable woman," he says. "My mother spends almost all her life at home. She wouldnever be out alone. I think she is disappointed in me. She never expected me to do anything like this, but I think she still loves me very much."

Today, residents of Lysva still quake at the mention of Bratislav's name. Elena Lyzhina, 29, who was left blind by his attack, places her head in her hands and wails when I ask her about what happened to her. "He came from behind and started strangling me," she says. "I lost consciousness and the next thing I knew, I was in the hospital. I try to forget it and not to even speak about it. Now I'm blind - how could God produce such a monster."

The father of 14-year-old Valentina Morzova believes Bratislav should have been shot. Sergei Morzov, 42, and his wife Tatiana were preparing for their son's birthday when their daughter was murdered on November 10, 1997. "It was 7pm and I realised we didn't have any bread. Valentina offered to go and get some. After 10 minutes I began to worry. We all knew about this killer and suddenly I was seized by this terrible fear. "I went to the bakery but they said she hadn't seen my daughter. At 9pm I called the militia.

They said we had to wait for three days before they could report her as missing. "I called my friend and he came round with his torch and we went back over the route she had taken. He looked behind a big tree near our house and cried out.

She was lying on the ground, dead and naked. I had to hold back my wife to stop her seeing. "The day I meet that monster will be the last day of his life.

If I ever see him I will kill him.I can't believe he is allowed to live. He should be taken to the town square and shot." Ambulance driver Natalya Mezentseva, 27, was made Lysva's citizen of the year when she finally helped capture Bratislav after he attacked her.

She says: "I had heard all about the killer and for a few days I had the feeling that he was around following me. "On the evening of June 10, 1998, I was walking near the park when I saw a man in the bushes. He was lying in wait for me. His eyes were like the eyes of a wild beast.

"He lunged at me and grabbed my neck. I don't know what happened, but he took my bag and disappeared. I don't know what saved me. I realised this was a chance to catch him.

I called the militia and showed them where I was attacked but there was no one there. "The officers kept saying that it was probably just a local drug addict and to forget about it.

But later the militia received a message that another woman had been attacked in the park just before me. She wasn't as lucky as I was. She was severely beaten.

"We carried on driving around and I suddenly noticed him in the bushes. I cried out and they stopped the car. Two officers grabbed him.

I remember Bratislav staring right at me, smiling. He was pure evil." When my interview draws to a close, Bratislav gives me one last smile.

"I think I've brought so much evil into this world it will be with me for the rest of my life." I wonder if he is trying again to arouse my sympathy. If so, I am determined not to offer him any. "I'm sure it will," I reply.

[email protected]

CAPTION(S):

From top: Lysva's only nightclub, where Bratislav stalked his victims; Bratislav during his national service; survivor Natalya Mezentseva; murder victims (left to right), Anna Marakulina,; Alvira Kanzeparova, Olga Kosenko and Maria Shetsova; behind bars at last; "She was lying on the ground, dead and naked. The day I meet that monster will be the last day of his life." Sergei Morzov, 42, Valentina's father; Pictures by CHRIS GRIEVE; Bratislav's main hunting ground, Pushkin Park, where most of the victims' bodies were found. Inset: Valentina Morsova, 14, was murdered on her way to buy bread

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Beautiful Beast; Don't be fooled by his seductive good looks. In a...-a076002251

Apparently the original article had a few pics of him, but they're not in the online archives versions...:facepalm:

Back