Yemem: 90+ Soldiers Dead (May 21/12) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Suicide bombing kills nearly 100 soldiers in Yemen
By AHMED AL-HAJ | Associated Press – Mon, May 21, 2012

SANAA, Yemen (AP) — A suicide bomber blew himself up at a military parade rehearsal Monday in Yemen's capital, killing 96 soldiers in one of the deadliest attacks in the city in years, officials said. Al-Qaida's Yemen branch claimed responsibility for the attack.

The group said in an emailed statement that it had targeted the Minister of Defense, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Nasser Ahmed, who arrived at the heavily secured city square to greet the assembled troops just minutes before the blast ripped through the area.

Set 1. Carnage on the Parade grounds.

1. The suicide bomber was place in the middle of a group of soldiers.
aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers1-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers2-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers3-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers4-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula vowed, "This is only the beginning of Jihad," and said that its militants will continue staging attacks against the Yemeni leadership. It said the bombing was meant to take revenge for the government's military offensive in a swath of southern Yemen seized by the militant movement last year.

A statement in the name of President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi read on state TV said, "The war on terrorism will continue until we win, whatever the sacrifices are."

Set 2. Carnage on the Parade grounds.

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers5-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers6-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers7-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers8-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Military officials said the suicide bomber in Sanaa was a soldier taking part in the drill, lining up with fellow troops at a main square in the capital, not far from the presidential palace. He belonged to the Central Security, a paramilitary force commanded by ex-president Ali Abdullah Saleh's nephew Yahia, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media. Hadi has been trying to wrest control of the security forces away from Saleh, who is still seen to exercise much influence from behind the scenes.

Set 3. Carnage on the Parade grounds.

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers9-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

10. Note the holes that penetrated clothing and bodies.
aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers10-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

11. Closer view - bomb of ball bearings and bits of metal.
aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers11-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers12-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Witnesses described the same scenario, but officials said they were still investigating.

Monday's bombing left a scene of carnage, with scores of bleeding soldiers lying on the ground as ambulances rushed to the scene. Several severed heads were on the pavement amid large pools of blood and human remains.

Set 4. Carnage on the Parade grounds.

13. The outward blast felled soldiers like trees in an almost cicular formation. Grayish spot on ground is where the suicide bomber detonated his explosives.
aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers13-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers14-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers15-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers16-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
"This is a real massacre," said Ahmed Sobhi, one of the soldiers who witnessed the explosion.
"There are piles of torn body parts, limbs, and heads. This is unbelievable. I am still shaking. The place turned into hell. I thought this only happens in movies."

Set 5.
Carnage on the Parade grounds.

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers17-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers18-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

19. Ceremonial rifles and swords.
aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers19-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers20-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
The bomber detonated his explosives minutes before the arrival of the defense minister and the chief of staff, who were expected to greet the troops, the officials said. The drill was a rehearsal for a parade for the celebration of Yemen's National Day on Tuesday.

Set 6. Body removal.

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers21-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers22-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers23-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers24-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers25-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Soldiers hand-picked by their commanders from different branches of the military have been practicing together for the parade for a week, Sobhi said, citing that as evidence that the attacker was a soldier and not an infiltrator.

Set 7. Bodies at hospital/morgue.

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers27-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers28-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers29-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers30-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Khaled Ali, another soldier, told The Associated Press over the phone from the site of the attack that the explosion was followed by heavy gunfire.

"In the mayhem, we were all running in all directions. I saw the guards of the minister surrounding him and forming a human cordon. They were firing in the air," he said.

Set 8.
Bodies in the morgue/hospital.

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers31-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers32-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers33-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

8. The scene as soldiers ran to their fallen comrades.
aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers34-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

9. Some of the metal ball bearings/assortment of small metal pieces collected from the scene that made up the frag bomb and shredded many of the dead soldiers.
aq-suicide-bomber-kills-soldiers35-Sanna-Yemen-may21-12.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
"顶顶顶顶顶顶顶" - "Dingding Ding Ding Dingding top?"

I think just English is allowed here...

Tooly

Tier One
I think those who bore the brunt of the shock wave were the one's with bits blown off, whereas alot of bodies look in one piece (after a fashion) but were riddles with the frags. Just an observation! Could be wrong. A fuck arse way to die either way!:ko:

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I think those who bore the brunt of the shock wave were the one's with bits blown off, whereas alot of bodies look in one piece (after a fashion) but were riddles with the frags. Just an observation! Could be wrong. A fuck arse way to die either way!:ko:
Yup, I agree there. The bomber was in the middle of the formation and those that were packed in right near him were the ones that took the brunt of the frag material and thus bore the most physical damage. The others went down from scrap metal bits that went through the others or had cleared them - only takes a few ball bearings or drill bits in the ribs or head along with a blast wave to knock 'em down :).

Leepa_Time

Fresh Meat
wow the guys who weren't blown to bits outright got totally shredded by that shrapnel. it's pretty disgusting what you can do with some cheap explosives and scrap metal. those ball bearings look like buckshot size, and the guys that weren't missing limbs had dozens of holes all over their bodies.

Roger Escude

Heaven & Hell
Where's the beef?
I’m not gonna do it oh but I’m SO tempted 😂🤣
gonna spare ya being your new 😎
welcome to Goregrish bud! Plenty of trolls & Karens but other than that,AWESOME content to view.
with a quick witted head and a wise lip that takes no shit, you’ll just absolutely love it here. He’ll , I do. Gets aggravating time to time but for tha most part, shit I’m home amongst all of DEEZ NUTS at this cyber loony bin
🤔 Hell, I’ll even throw ya your VERY first follow 😊
🤘🏼😎WELCOME HOME - SANATARIUM 🤘🏼😎

Last edited:

Dr. Jungy Brungus

Offal Connoisseur
I wonder what explosive was used...For one man to carry that much shrapnel and explosive and still not raise suspicion would be impressive if it weren't such a heinous act. My guess would be HMTD or some other easy to make high explosive. Whatever it was, it had to be small form factor.

He's in a better place now with 72 of these:
1613276728492.png

Back