War Fallen RU Soldiers: Retreat from Lyman (Sept. 2022) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Lyman, Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine,
September 2022.

The Second Battle of Lyman (the first battle took place when the Russians captured it 6 months earlier) was a military engagement during the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, as part of the 2022 Ukrainian Kharkiv counteroffensive. The battle started on 10 September 2022 during the counteroffensive and ended three weeks later on 2 October.

By 30 September, Ukrainian forces had closed in on the city after crossing the Siverskyi Donets River, advancing along Lyman's southern and eastern flanks while capturing land northwest of the settlement, allowing Ukrainian forces to cut off the only road left supplying the occupying forces from the north.

On 1 October, 2022 Ukrainian forces entered Lyman after the Russian forces had withdrawn.

Map - Lyman - Sept 2022.jpg

KIA Russian after Ukrainians retake Lyman 3 - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russian after Ukrainians retake Lyman 6 - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 4 - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 5 - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 6 - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 7 - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 8 - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 9 - October 2022.jpg

Detroyed RU vehicles and equipment - Ukrainians retake Lyman 1 - October 2022.jpg

Following the battle, British intelligence assessed that the Russian forces defending the town were a mixed group of mobilized reservists and depleted professional troops. Based on social media messages and announcements of combat losses, the BBC assessed the 3rd Guards Spetsnaz Brigade suffered its worst casualties to date during fighting in Lyman, with the possibility that 75% of its reconnaissance company troops were lost.

A significant number of fleeing Russian troops were trapped in a smaller pocket east of the city. Some Russian contingents had also lost contact to their main force, and hid in the nearby forests.

Total Russian military deaths were probably heavy (per British Ministry of Defence); 1,500+ killed according to the Ukrainian MoD (this number is NOT verified). Number of Ukrainian deaths not known, although there were casualties.

These are the bodies of KIA Russian soldiers who had to be left behind by their retreating comrades who had no time to pick them up.

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 10 - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 11 - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 11b - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 11c - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 12 - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 12b - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 12c - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 12d - October 2022.jpg

There are other photos of KIA Russians in Lyman, who were left in the settlement, but I can't find them.

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 12e - October 2022.jpg

20. In Lyman itself.
KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 13 - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 14 - October 2022.jpg

KIA Russians after Ukrainians retake Lyman 15 - October 2022.jpg

23. A KIA Ukrainian soldier at a destroyed gas station.
KIA Ukrainian after Ukrainians retake Lyman 1 - October 2022.jpg

24. Same ^ - being bagged to be evac'd out.
KIA Ukrainian after Ukrainians retake Lyman 2 - October 2022.jpg

25. Two Ukrainian soldiers carry a comrade in a body bag while a third soldier (on the right) carries the remains of a Russian soldier in a bag.
KIA Ukrainian and a Russian - after Ukrainians retake Lyman 11c - October 2022.jpg

26. Ukrainian military movements as they closed in on Lyman and surround the Russian forces.
Map 2 - Lyman - Sept 2022.jpg

Vid:

Last edited:

wiggins

Forum Veteran
My strong gut feel is that Russia is playing this war as it wants to play it.

I think if Russia withdrawals it is due to strategic reasons and not due to weakness over all.

these Russians seem to be unfit and dressed in mufti. I wonder how they fit in to the Russian battle order?

Punisher_1

This user was banned
For Russia is seems life is cheap.
They just left their dead behind.

Noticed a few things many of them have WW2 steel helmets. None of them still had weapons or equipment of note. Several had what looks to be civilian clothing or the like with them. Of course, these photos are days old and most of the bodies look like they were mowed down or hit with explosives as they were moving out.

Clearly, Ru8ssia cares nothing for their troops.

Rick James

Libtard in da house bitches!

I think if Russia withdrawals it is due to strategic reasons and not due to weakness over all.

these Russians seem to be unfit and dressed in mufti. I wonder how they fit in to the Russian battle order?
I wonder if russia loses, will Putin get thrown out of power…?… i hope i get to find out.

I will put my money on this war lasting a long-ass time.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
I wonder if russia loses, will Putin get thrown out of power…?… i hope i get to find out.

I will put my money on this war lasting a long-ass time.
I like your Purple Vein avatar...

But to be serious a minute, Putin will poison anyone who is a real threat to him.

Putin is in for life I would imagine. What I find amazing is the homogenisation of the news take on the Russia Ukraine war. In Aus our ABC which is profoundly left wing is pushing exactly the same line as The Australian newspaper, which is a political polar opposite. And the same line is being repeated across the west.

God knows why we are worshiping a state which has been a vassal of Russia since 1917 with a brief break when they ran the concentration camps for the NAZI's. At least we know there is nothing dodgy going on with the Biden's in all this...

1680403656236.png

Last edited:

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out

Noticed a few things many of them have WW2 steel helmets. None of them still had weapons or equipment of note. Several had what looks to be civilian clothing or the like with them. Of course, these photos are days old and most of the bodies look like they were mowed down or hit with explosives as they were moving out.

The Ukrainians would have relieved the bodies of all weapons and ammo, along with certain kit. I've read multiple times that upon taking a settlement/village/city the Russians were known for looting civilian clothing, particularly when they retreated.

Dirlwanger

Revolt Against the Modern World
The Ukrainians would have relieved the bodies of all weapons and ammo, along with certain kit. I've read multiple times that upon taking a settlement/village/city the Russians were known for looting civilian clothing, particularly when they retreated.
The large majority of russian soldiers in Ukraine, are from the poorest regions of Russia, places where there are no jobs and the life conditions are terrible, i saw interviews of russians POWS and some of them said that in a 6 month campaign they can save enough money to buy an apartment in their town/village, and also they can always loot. Putin is exploiting this people who no one gives a fuck, only a few are from the big cities and developed Russia.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
The large majority of russian soldiers in Ukraine, are from the poorest regions of Russia, places where there are no jobs and the life conditions are terrible, i saw interviews of russians POWS and some of them said that in a 6 month campaign they can save enough money to buy an apartment in their town/village, and also they can always loot. Putin is exploiting this people who no one gives a fuck, only a few are from the big cities and developed Russia.
I read that in ww2 Russian soldiers would loot shower pipes with taps attached and then not understand, once they got home, that the taps would not produce water when turned on...

Sarka

«Не буди»
In Bakhmut (Artemovsk), surveillance cameras revealed how Ukrainian soldiers looted houses. Only 1 example, there are more videos like this.

Ouchfl

Well Known Member
September 2022.

The Second Battle of Lyman (the first battle took place when the Russians captured it 6 months earlier) was a military engagement during the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, as part of the 2022 Ukrainian Kharkiv counteroffensive. The battle started on 10 September 2022 during the counteroffensive and ended three weeks later on 2 October.

By 30 September, Ukrainian forces had closed in on the city after crossing the Siverskyi Donets River, advancing along Lyman's southern and eastern flanks while capturing land northwest of the settlement, allowing Ukrainian forces to cut off the only road left supplying the occupying forces from the north.

On 1 October, 2022 Ukrainian forces entered Lyman after the Russian forces had withdrawn.

View attachment 671786

View attachment 671776

View attachment 671777

View attachment 671778

View attachment 671779

View attachment 671781

View attachment 671782

View attachment 671783

View attachment 671784

View attachment 671785

Following the battle, British intelligence assessed that the Russian forces defending the town were a mixed group of mobilized reservists and depleted professional troops. Based on social media messages and announcements of combat losses, the BBC assessed the 3rd Guards Spetsnaz Brigade suffered its worst casualties to date during fighting in Lyman, with the possibility that 75% of its reconnaissance company troops were lost.

A significant number of fleeing Russian troops were trapped in a smaller pocket east of the city. Some Russian contingents had also lost contact to their main force, and hid in the nearby forests.

Total Russian military deaths were probably heavy (per British Ministry of Defence); 1,500+ killed according to the Ukrainian MoD (this number is NOT verified). Number of Ukrainian deaths not known, although there were casualties.

These are the bodies of KIA Russian soldiers who had to be left behind by their retreating comrades who had no time to pick them up.

View attachment 671788

View attachment 671789

View attachment 671790

View attachment 671791

View attachment 671792

View attachment 671793

View attachment 671794

View attachment 671795

There are other photos of KIA Russians in Lyman, who were left in the settlement, but I can't find them.

View attachment 671796

20. In Lyman itself.
View attachment 671797

View attachment 671798

View attachment 671799

View attachment 671800

View attachment 671801

25. Two Ukrainian soldiers carry a comrade in a body bag while a third soldier (on the right) carries the remains of a Russian soldier in a bag.
View attachment 671802

26. Ukrainian military movements as they closed in on Lyman and surround the Russian forces.
View attachment 671803

Vid:
View attachment 671807
22: that's a well-fed dog! What could they possibly be feeding them ??

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out

Not in this case: they RAN: was no withdrawal, half of them were killed trying to get out. The Ukrainians just about had them surrounded in the village and the Russians who were there simply got out of whatever Russian armor they were in, abandoned it, jumped into a bunch of civilian vehicles and high-tailed it. Unfortunately for them, there was only one road out of Lyman and the Ukrainians already had it covered. On that road, in the photos, there's not one Russian piece of military armor that an orderly withdrawal would have included.

Like at Izium, they simply lost in Lyman...not that they were weak...but the Ukrainian offensive simply overtook them, perhaps by surprise (although the Ukrainian offensive was probably announced more than most Super Bowl games).

In Bakhmut (Artemovsk), surveillance cameras revealed how Ukrainian soldiers looted houses. Only 1 example, there are more videos like this.
View attachment 674809
That doesn't look like they're looting washers and toilets...they're in a kitchen looking in the fridge and cupboards for food. Kind of a different thing.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Not in this case: they RAN: was no withdrawal, half of them were killed trying to get out. The Ukrainians just about had them surrounded in the village and the Russians who were there simply got out of whatever Russian armor they were in, abandoned it, jumped into a bunch of civilian vehicles and high-tailed it. Unfortunately for them, there was only one road out of Lyman and the Ukrainians already had it covered. On that road, in the photos, there's not one Russian piece of military armor that an orderly withdrawal would have included.

Like at Izium, they simply lost in Lyman...not that they were weak...but the Ukrainian offensive simply overtook them, perhaps by surprise (although the Ukrainian offensive was probably announced more than most Super Bowl games).

That doesn't look like they're looting washers and toilets...they're in a kitchen looking in the fridge and cupboards for food. Kind of a different thing.
You may be right.

I don't really have a dog in this fight. Although that's not really true... I'm probably pro Russian.

We get BLM abo/Aussie style rammed down our throat every day here now about the 'intergenerational trauma' caused by our 'invasion' in 1788 and I look at Russia not wanting Ukraine to join NATO due to 'buffer concerns' and think about Russia's 'intergen trauma' and well, in Aus 10 000 victims over 250 years vs Russia WW2 deaths of 20 million plus and if our little dusky brothers can get all fucked up over that then imagine the Ruskies crying in their beds...

Also, Zelensky strutting the world stage dressed in mufti like some half assed Castro shits me.

Ditto the blanket pro Ukrainian news feed.

I just can't see Russia 'running' from the war over all. I have no doubt that battles have been lost by Russia but the war is a different thing and I can't see them loosing.

But I'm happy to apologise to you or send you a bottle of whisky if I'm wrong... and vice versa...

sapper13G

Lurker
I like your Purple Vein avatar...

But to be serious a minute, Putin will poison anyone who is a real threat to him.

Putin is in for life I would imagine. What I find amazing is the homogenisation of the news take on the Russia Ukraine war. In Aus our ABC which is profoundly left wing is pushing exactly the same line as The Australian newspaper, which is a political polar opposite. And the same line is being repeated across the west.

God knows why we are worshiping a state which has been a vassal of Russia since 1917 with a brief break when they ran the concentration camps for the NAZI's. At least we know there is nothing dodgy going on with the Biden's in all this...

View attachment 672119
Eesh! Don't do drugs boys and girls lol

pussyhound

Fresh Meat

Fodder

SavageMind99

I Watch You Die Fucker🤣
September 2022.

View attachment 671786

View attachment 671776

View attachment 671777

View attachment 671778

View attachment 671779

View attachment 671781

View attachment 671782

View attachment 671783

View attachment 671784

View attachment 671785

View attachment 671788

View attachment 671789

View attachment 671790

View attachment 671791

View attachment 671792

View attachment 671793

View attachment 671794

View attachment 671795

View attachment 671796

20. In Lyman itself.
View attachment 671797

View attachment 671798

View attachment 671799

View attachment 671800

View attachment 671801

View attachment 671802

View attachment 671803

Vid:
View attachment 671807
If anyone has ever been around multiple dead bodies how bad is the smell ? Because surely you could smell all them laying dead from a few FT away !

1.2kwPorscheKiller

Unbowed & Unbroken. PIRA.

And not a single one seemed to have been wearing a junta-bra when they died.

Usually, if a soldier dies with a vest on, you can see some lines and folds of cloth where the straps were, but I can't find any evidence any mf these men had their
junta-bra on when they died.

Savage.

Back