ZOMBIE CANCER?! (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

C_R

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
http://io9.com/5817312/a-tumor-that-could-provide-the-key-to-making-zombies

Today a group of medical researchers reported the discovery of something very intriguing in a type of pancreatic cancer called PanNET. Turns out PanNET is associated with mutations in two genes that help control a part of your DNA that determines whether you die.
Specifically, these genes can artificially lengthen the telomeres, caps on the ends of chromosomes that gradually erode as you grow older. Above, you can see PanNET cells - the glowing pink bits are the areas where the cancer is causing telomere extension. Usually, short telomeres are associated with disease and death. As a result, some scientists believe that keeping telomeres long could be one way to lengthen life (a few tests in mice seem to back this up). PanNET may have just given us two genetic tools to prolong life. The question is, what would a cancer-extended life be like?

aRyan

TRUMP or BUST
The question is, what would a cancer-extended life be like?

Cancer-extended life?

No thanks. If I had that I think an idling car in a garage and a bottle of booze would seal my fate. I've seen people with cancer and it literally just snatches the life right from them in a year or two. I couldn't even imagine what they went through or the pain that they were in.

1fktmind

The meaning of life is that it stops.
Dont worry about zombies, buy this fine anti-zombie table LOL

Anti-Zombie-Night-Table.jpg

msr

AHHHHH FUCK
Cancer-extended life?

No thanks. If I had that I think an idling car in a garage and a bottle of booze would seal my fate. I've seen people with cancer and it literally just snatches the life right from them in a year or two. I couldn't even imagine what they went through or the pain that they were in.
Seven months from diagnosis to death for my wife. Liver,stomach cancer.

W

Witchfynde

Internet Warrior
Yes I will Where do I get One?
This type of tool could be very useful when those charity/religious TOOLS knock on your door for something . This is something I'd like to share with THEM !!!

W

Witchfynde

Internet Warrior
Yes I will Where do I get One?
This type of tool could be very useful when those charity/religious TOOLS knock on your door for something . This is something I'd like to share with THEM !!!

mayhem

Rookie
Complex, you can avoid cell's death, yet there's no way to ensure that there won't be mutations, which eventually can lead to the worst imaginable death

Back