🚁 9 killed in Army Black Hawk Crash (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
9 killed in Army Black Hawk Crash

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky.
March 27, 2023

Nine people were killed in a crash involving two Army Black Hawk helicopters conducting a nighttime training exercise in Kentucky, a military spokesperson said.

A statement from Fort Campbell says the two HH-60 Black Hawk helicopters, part of the 101st Airborne Division, crashed around 10 p.m. Wednesday in Trigg County, Kentucky. The 101st Airborne confirmed the crash about 30 mile (48 kilometers) northwest of Fort Campbell. The crash is under investigation.

Nick Tomaszewski, who lives about a mile from where the crash occurred, said he saw two helicopters flying over his house moments before the crash.

“For whatever reason last night my wife and I were sitting there looking out on the back deck and I said “Wow, those two helicopters look low and they look kind of close to one another tonight,’” he said.

The helicopters flew over and looped back around and moments later “we saw what looked like a firework went off in the sky.”

“All of the lights in their helicopter went out. It was like they just poofed … and then we saw a huge glow like a fireball,” Tomaszewski said.

Fort Campbell is located near the Tennessee border, about 60 miles (97 kilometers) northwest of Nashville, and the crash occurred in the Trigg County, Kentucky, community of Cadiz.

Sharon Johnson, The Associated Press

Source

1. An H-60 Black Hawk (different version)
H-60M-Black-Hawk.jpg

ShartCart

Crusty piss fenders
This user was banned
Happens when 2 aircraft try to inhabit the same airspace, one of those pilots wasn't aware of where the other was.
We’d call it “target fixation” in the Army.. when you lose situational awareness. Strange to me as the crew chief/ door gunners would be constantly observing the left and right side of the aircraft. Really curious how this actually panned out.

1.2kwPorscheKiller

Unbowed & Unbroken. PIRA.
9 killed in Army Black Hawk Crash

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky.
March 27, 2023

Nine people were killed in a crash involving two Army Black Hawk helicopters conducting a nighttime training exercise in Kentucky, a military spokesperson said.

A statement from Fort Campbell says the two HH-60 Black Hawk helicopters, part of the 101st Airborne Division, crashed around 10 p.m. Wednesday in Trigg County, Kentucky. The 101st Airborne confirmed the crash about 30 mile (48 kilometers) northwest of Fort Campbell. The crash is under investigation.

Nick Tomaszewski, who lives about a mile from where the crash occurred, said he saw two helicopters flying over his house moments before the crash.

“For whatever reason last night my wife and I were sitting there looking out on the back deck and I said “Wow, those two helicopters look low and they look kind of close to one another tonight,’” he said.

The helicopters flew over and looped back around and moments later “we saw what looked like a firework went off in the sky.”

“All of the lights in their helicopter went out. It was like they just poofed … and then we saw a huge glow like a fireball,” Tomaszewski said.

Fort Campbell is located near the Tennessee border, about 60 miles (97 kilometers) northwest of Nashville, and the crash occurred in the Trigg County, Kentucky, community of Cadiz.

Sharon Johnson, The Associated Press

Source

1. An H-60 Black Hawk (different version)
View attachment 671341
Americans are great at friendly fire...

Sounds like one shot the other down..

Back