19 firefighters dead in Yarnell (Arizona) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Paramedics and ambulance drivers have also began purchasing and wearing their own bullet proof vests, and carrying; hell I've seen animal control officers carry firearms here.

Torque Button

"boo fucking hoo" "Die in a fire"
This user was banned
This is soo sad :( fire fighters and police officers risk their lives everyday!! What a horrible way to die!. :(

fighting life taking fires vs fighting a box of donuts..... fuck the popo

<remember every confiscated 4th of july firework will be later used at the personal gatherings of the popo for their personal enjoyment>

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
fighting life taking fires vs fighting a box of donuts..... fuck the popo

<remember every confiscated 4th of july firework will be later used at the personal gatherings of the popo for their personal enjoyment>
Yes thats soo true!.! But im talking about 19 fire fighters that dies tring to contain wild fires not popo!.! But when truth is truth..:hatsoff:.. I stand corrected!!:hatsoff:

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Thanks for taking the time to explain, but I knew that. My comment was sarcastic/funny.

Apologies on that: I guess that I wrote that more for others that might not have understood.

But you are absolutely right about "dying under a blanket not a way to go" - especially for these highly elite HotShots. Training or not, I seriously doubt that if I was suddenly trapped in the midst of a raging forest fire and realized that a new firestorm was seconds away from blowing in and sweeping me and the crew over that I could wrap up in a tarp and hope for the best. And I thought that your comment was more of a serious one; a nasty way for these guys to have died.

My instincts would tell me to run, anywhere, but I guess that they had no time for that. Your comment was a good one because I'm not sure that many know what last resort options are left to these people under those circumstances.

Cheers and apologies for using your quote to explain the tarps.

DH

PS: Someone gave you a 'Disagree' point and without naming them, I think that it'd be cool if they could Undo that rating :).

Barry McCockinner

Forum Veteran
Apologies on that: I guess that I wrote that more for others that might not have understood.

But you are absolutely right about "dying under a blanket not a way to go" - especially for these highly elite HotShots. Training or not, I seriously doubt that if I was suddenly trapped in the midst of a raging forest fire and realized that a new firestorm was seconds away from blowing in and sweeping me and the crew over that I could wrap up in a tarp and hope for the best. And I thought that your comment was more of a serious one; a nasty way for these guys to have died.

My instincts would tell me to run, anywhere, but I guess that they had no time for that. Your comment was a good one because I'm not sure that many know what last resort options are left to these people under those circumstances.

Cheers and apologies for using your quote to explain the tarps.

DH

PS: Someone gave you a 'Disagree' point and without naming them, I think that it'd be cool if they could Undo that rating :).
No need at all to apologize. You did nothing wrong. Yeah, I would probably run too. Laying down and letting the fire run me over is the last thing I would think to do. As for the person who gave me the 'Disagree' - it's probably some ignorant little shit whose diapers need changed. It's no biggie to me. It's only an opinion. I can handle that. Besides, like they say - opinions are like assholes - everyone has one but no one wants to hear from it:goatse:

Back