Amelia Dyer (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

For over twenty years, Amelia Dyer terrorized the city of London killing innocent babies and gaining the moniker of Baby Butcher in the process and becoming one of the most famous serial killers in history. Her modus operandi was simple. She would advertise in the paper and offer adoption services to unmarried women charging them a certain amount in return. She would take the babies and promise the mothers of giving them an life they would have dreamed of. Once she adopted these babies she would completely neglect them, which caused their death in several cases. Later she started strangulating them and using opium injections to kill them. Caught in 1896, and sentenced to death, she was one of the most prolific female serial killers killing almost 247 babies.

tumblr_mjimhdkPHO1rgbm67o1_500.jpg

Deafen

Lurker
Hmm a baby killer..that's pretty exotic. Just based off of the information here, it sounds like Dyer was in it for the money since she charged the mothers. It doesn't really seem like she was murdering for the thrill of killing the innocent since abandonment was her weapon of choice at first. Especially since she switch over to killing them in a way that they wouldn't have to suffer, maybe she saw it as a kindness.
Of course I could be completely off and she just enjoyed watching the helpless dependents die from being separated from their life source.

FallenSentry

The Relentless Cynic
Short Bussed
I'm sure that one day, the world will see a serial killer that doesn't pick off the weak and defenseless. Heh, one day, the headlines will read "Serial Killer murders 3 body builders" or "Serial Killer butchers, with a knife, the US gun team"
I guess 'til then, we're stuck seeing these sad pathetic killers that become overglorified.

Back