ANC votes yes to take land from whites in South Africa without compensation (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mental Puppy

Tudinem Mortem
Cape Town – The National Assembly on Tuesday set in motion a process to amend the Constitution so as to allow for the expropriation of land without compensation.

The motion, brought by the EFF leader Julius Malema, was adopted with a vote of 241 in support, and 83 against.

The only parties who did not support the motion were the DA, Freedom Front Plus, Cope and the ACDP.

The matter will now be referred to the Constitutional Review Committee which must report back to Parliament by August 30.

The EFF's motion originally called for the establishment of an ad hoc committee, which had to report back to the National Assembly by the end of May, but the ANC suggested an amendment, which was supported by the EFF.

There will be a public participation process in the Constitutional Review Committee's work.

Opening the debate on his motion, Malema said: "The time for reconciliation is over. Now is the time for justice."

He said they did not seek revenge on white people, but a restoration of black people's dignity, which was deeply rooted in the land.

Gugile Nkwinti, who was minister of rural affairs and land reform until Monday evening (now minister of water affairs), said: "The ANC unequivocally supports the principle of land expropriation without compensation."

"There is no doubt about it, land shall be expropriated without compensation."

DA MP Thandeka Mbabama said there was an indisputable need to right the wrongs of the past, but expropriation without compensation "cannot be part of the solution".

She said it was used to divert attention away from the ANC's failures with land reform, and was a "lie peddled by the ANC, who fears being outflanked on the left by the EFF".

'We want to redress an historic injustice'

Freedom Front Plus leader Pieter Groenewald asked what would happen to the land once it was expropriated.

"If you continue on this course, I can assure you there is going to be unforeseen consequences that is not in the interest of South Africa," he warned.

Cope leader Mosiuoa Lekota said there "is a danger that those who think equality in our lifetime equates that we must dominate whites".

"This is the PAC of '59, it's no longer the African National Congress," he said as he left the podium.

Rural Affairs and Land Reform Deputy Minister Mcebisi Skwatsha said the ANC was committed to building an equal society.

"You should not make the mistake that we want to oppress whites," he said. "We want to redress an historic injustice.

"We want to take everybody along in achieving an equitable society."

Agang MP Andries Tlouamma said: "Those who have taken our land by force, Jesus Christ must reject them."

He urged the ANC to "develop a backbone of steel and stop speaking with a forked tongue".

_Xtina_

Poster girl
South Africa used to be the breadbasket of Africa.
Much of the farmland has already gone to weeds.

Will the last white person to leave south Africa please turn off the lights?

It will now re-join the Dark Continent.

Mental Puppy

Tudinem Mortem
Yep government is going ape shit over here, doing all kinds of shit to get votes due to their corruption. What better way than to take the land from the whites. I always said the anc is a bunch of communists, they were trained in Russia ffs.

rottenfresh

ummmmm, You smell that?
Yep government is going ape shit over here, doing all kinds of shit to get votes due to their corruption. What better way than to take the land from the whites. I always said the anc is a bunch of communists, they were trained in Russia ffs.
Most of black africa's governments are fuckin corrupt. Fuckin shame what they're getting away with.

Mental Puppy

Tudinem Mortem
South Africa should take a look at Zimbabwe. Thats how they'll end up.

That's what the economists are saying, but I think they were desperate for votes, our previous president that was asked to step down hurt their image now they're not really making decisions in the best interest of the country but rather the party. All the land that was paid for by the government and given to black farmers in SA previously is barren and dead, all the animals either starved or was killed. So I don't see any good outcome from this.

Yabaw

Banned
That's what the economists are saying, but I think they were desperate for votes, our previous president that was asked to step down hurt their image now they're not really making decisions in the best interest of the country but rather the party. All the land that was paid for by the government and given to black farmers in SA previously is barren and dead, all the animals either starved or was killed. So I don't see any good outcome from this.
Someone linked a documentary here about it. The farms given to the blacks were stripped of metal that could be sold for scrap and would that could be used for fires.
A foreman (black guy) took the crew round the vineyard he worked in and it was fucked. Wouldn't be able to be used again and he was out a job. Dude was getting upset too.

Mental Puppy

Tudinem Mortem
Someone linked a documentary here about it. The farms given to the blacks were stripped of metal that could be sold for scrap and would that could be used for fires.
A foreman (black guy) took the crew round the vineyard he worked in and it was fucked. Wouldn't be able to be used again and he was out a job. Dude was getting upset too.

That's exactly how it goes, they want everything for free, they started to burn down universities because they wanted free education housing travel and food. December our idiot ex president without consulting universities said free education for all previously disadvantaged people. Some universities are still closed due to violence that broke out on campuses due to students not getting what they want.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
So I don't see any good outcome from this.
you can live here is a good outcome :tu:

Australia’s Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton has dismissed claims of racism over his plan to resettle South African white minority farmers in Australia.
"All the criticism over the last week has meant nothing to me. We’re looking at ways we can help people to migrate to Australia if they find themselves in that situation. We’ve been inundated with messages of support and references for particular cases.
It concerns me that people are being persecuted at the moment, that’s the reality — the number of people dying or being savagely attacked in South Africa is a reality. There’s lots of outrage from some of the crazy lefties at the ABC, the Guardian and Huffington Post can express concern and draw mean cartoons about me and all the rest of it — they don’t realise how completely dead they are to me."

D.O.A.

We are Kings
But would they move to Melbourne?? They'd think the plane turned around mid-flight.
Watch the state government lose the election soon, Daniel Andrews is the weakest peice of shit we've ever had in government, all talk no action. The libs will win and we're going to get US style prisons to keep niggers in a box indefinitely, like Melton but with walls + razor wire

Tooly

Tier One
Watch the state government lose the election soon, Daniel Andrews is the weakest peice of shit we've ever had in government, all talk no action. The libs will win and we're going to get US style prisons to keep niggers in a box indefinitely, like Melton but with walls + razor wire
Yeah, he's fucked now. Spending a million tax payer dollars to stop an investigation into them wasting 400,000 tax payer dollars...

Back