Are plastic containers safe for our food? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Brainfart

Don't take what I say seriously...
I have read article after article on this subject, and the answer is no...Never store food in plastic...Never eat food in plastic...The sad thing is, all food is sold in plastic...We are basically fucked...Never microwave food in plastic...Even containers that say it is "microwave safe".
It is a load of shit...

Götterdämmerung

Well Known Member
Funny I was ranting about this on another site this evening. IMHO there are bad plastics and less bad plastics. The plastic in most food grade containers is HDPE or PETE, two of the less bad. If you look on the bottom of, say, your mustard or Tupperware container there's probably a recycling symbol with a number in it. #1 or #2 are the less bad. How safe is it? As safe as something can be that is an inescapable part of our everyday lives. There are many types of plastics and some can leach chemicals deemed harmful, but they're used more for industrial applications and probably not in your fridge, at least not as a food container. If the recycling # is something other than 1 or 2 you can be concerned. I prefer to use ceramics (Corelle) or Pyrex in the microwave, though tonight I did melt some butter in a plastic measuring cup.
Volatility is the measure of how readily a substance will vaporize and become detectable as a gas. If you can smell something it is volatile to some degree. Glass has no scent and is not volatile in the slightest. Now some plastics do have a scent ( you know what plastic smells like) and are therefore exuding some part of themselves which must certainly end up in your food. And I'd say after a minute in the microwave they'd become even more volatile. I leave you to decide if the convenience is worth the possible health risk.

Dolly

Uppity cunt
Plastic has already entered the food chain, so does it even matter anymore, the seas are full of microplastics. and very recently micro plastics have been found in the blood of cattle and pigs. We will all be dead before it really matters.

Also people who have plastic lawns need shooting. I blame them.

Graziani

TRUMP BACK TO WHITE HOUSE
Plastic has already entered the food chain, so does it even matter anymore, the seas are full of microplastics. and very recently micro plastics have been found in the blood of cattle and pigs. We will all be dead before it really matters.

And coca-cola is number 1 about plastic pollution in oceans. Fishes eating microplastic

wiggins

Forum Veteran
All world drink sodas and coca cola in plastic bottles. No problem to health.
Until the bottle ends up going up your ass and you need to make that embarrassing visit to the ED with the 'fell over in my bedroom' story they have heard so many times before...

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Then Red-Footed Boobies eat the fish and get plastic in their tummies :(
I don't think they have tummies, rather, they have crops. Birds eat small stones and gravel that stays in the crop to help grind the food up.
They also only have one hole for shitting, pissing and fucking. So they are dirty birdies really and all female birds take it up the ass... Just sayin'...

240px-PigeonAnatomy.png

wiggins

Forum Veteran
hah fool! you really think birds are real? View attachment 551644
I went to check my chickens and found a tiny, well concealed panel which I managed to pull out with my thumb nail. Inside was a mass of micro processors and an egg mould.

You got me, I really thought they were real!

Have you read 'Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep' by Philip K Dick?

Some wonderful false animal stuff in that.

They based Blade Runner on it. But the book goes into the dystopian world a lot deeper than the film does. Great read.

D.O.A.

We are Kings

And coca-cola is number 1 about plastic pollution in oceans. Fishes eating microplastic

I wonder what people think the little course balls are in facial scrubs and shit like that. Tiny soaps? it's fucking polyethylene

Dolly

Uppity cunt
I wonder what people think the little course balls are in facial scrubs and shit like that. Tiny soaps? it's fucking polyethylene
I actually started to write about those, they're in all kinds of shit, toothpaste, shower gel etc (There are 100,00 microbeads washed into the drain and into the water system in 1 single shower.) Now banned in the UK, but it seems so futile, we all share the same ocean's and there is so much more plastic shit in the sea than just microbeads. Removing them is not even a 'drop in the ocean' Removing humans may help.

Back