Australia confirms extinction of another 13 species(my country is going down the gurgler) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Guipago

Forum Veteran
Didn't the Australian government airdop poison sausages....

Now they're wondering why everythings dying...

There's a lot more testing done on baits to make them unpalatable to native species but draws in shit like cats & foxes, a friend on a property near me has done tests for our National Parks & Wildlife with bait lures for foxes that native animals don't like & a tube that has bait in the centre that a rabbit will go in & eat but stops birds from entering, not perfect but better than nothing.

Brainfart

Don't take what I say seriously...
really? is it slow news week for hippies?

All but one of the mammal extinctions is historic, with most having disappeared between the 1850s and 1950s.
They have only officially declared them extinct, but who knows....Night parrot was thought extinct and rediscovered...A lot of the animals on the list exist in desert areas where you can bet a lot of that country hasn't been traversed since indigenous Australians were still doing their thing...

Guipago

Forum Veteran
not real sure that is real
Have read about sausages being poisoned before, I had aerial baiting for wild dogs in my area 3 months ago, the problem with cats(which will take dog baits) is that the cat will throw up the bait with the type of poison used for dogs, cat bait has to be a specialized fast-acting poison which creates more problems for wildlife, I prefer to catch wild dogs & cats with a bullet.

Brainfart

@D.O.A. Australia need to plant more trees...Australia clears more vegetation than any other country on earth...That has to change...We also have to stop growing water and chemical intensive crops like cotton and rice...Let the other countries destroy their environments with that shit...I cotton chipped when I finished school, and I was shocked with what I saw... Fucking terrible...

Last edited:

Brainfart

@Guipago IMO, Cats, rabbits and dogs should be banned...Let's have Native animals as pets...I would love to have an eastern Quoll, Tassie devil or wombat as a pet...Then when they escape, they just increase in number in the environment...

There's a lot more testing done on baits to make them unpalatable to native species but draws in shit like cats & foxes, a friend on a property near me has done tests for our National Parks & Wildlife with bait lures for foxes that native animals don't like & a tube that has bait in the centre that a rabbit will go in & eat but stops birds from entering, not perfect but better than nothing.

But the animals that DO eat the poison, turn poisonous before they die. They then get eaten by animals that eat meat, and it poison them. Insects and other animals eat the poisoned animals dead carcass, and they get poisoned.

Even if the animals dont die from eating just 1 poisoned animal or carcass, those toxins build up in their meat and organs until it hits a toxic level and then they die. This is why many many more animls are going to die before the ripple effect starts to slow.

Native species may not like sausage, but scavengers aren't usually picky about dead meat.

This is exactly what I predicted would happen when I read about them air-dropping poisoned sausages. Hopefully im wrong, and hopefully it doesn't fuck shit up as bad as I think it will.

Back