Baby decapitated during delivery, doctors attempt cover-up (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SAF

Imperator
Administrator
HOLY SHIT
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/couple-baby-decapitated-delivery-article-1.1181731
Missouri couple sues doctors for separating baby’s head during grisly botched birth, and trying to cover it up: reports
Arteisha Betts and Travis Ammonette claim in lawsuit that their OB-GYN refused to perform a planned C-section and then detached baby's spine while trying to yank him from the birth canal.
BY PHILIP CAULFIELD / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012, 9:26 AM
baby13n-2-web.jpg
FACEBOOK
Arteisha Betts and Travis Ammonette, of Florissant, Mo., claimed their son, Kaden Travis Ammonette, died during birth after the delivering doctor separated his head from his neck.
A Missouri obstetrician separated a baby's head from his body during delivery and then shoved the newborn back into the mother and performed an emergency C-section to cover up the ghastly blunder, a couple claims in a lawsuit.
Arteisha Betts and Travis Ammonette, of Florissant, filed a 10-count complaint in St. Louis County Circuit Court last month claiming doctors wrongly pushed them to have a vaginal delivery, decapitated their son and then tried to cover it up, according to local Patch and Courthouse News Service.
The details of the couple's claim are horrifying.
During a February 2011 appointment, the couple claimed, Dr. Susan Moore told them their baby boy would have to be delivered by caesarian because his abdomen was too large for a normal birth, according the CNS report.
Betts went into labor on March 22, just 28 weeks into what is normally a 40-week pregnancy.
The delivering doctor at St. John's Mercy Medical Center, Dr. Gilbert Webb, refused to perform a C-section and "would only agree to deliver her baby by way of attempted trial of vaginal delivery," the complaint said, according to Patch.
baby13n-1-web.jpg
FACEBOOK
'Our sons (sic) handprints,' Betts wrote in a post on her Facebook page.
Webb refused to allow them to go to a different hospital, and "Betts consented to a trial of vaginal delivery under duress and protest," the complaint said.
During the birth, the boy's head breached, but the rest of his body got stuck in the birth canal, the complaint said.
In an attempt to pull the boy loose, Webb applied traction to his head and "separated (the boy's) head from his cervical spine," the complaint said.
Blood "shot out" from the newborn's neck in full view of his parents, the complaint said.
baby13n-3-web.jpg
GOOGLE
Mercy Hospital in St. Louis, where Betts was brought to give birth in March 2011. The hosptial was not named in the couple's complaint.
Webb then "pushed" the boy's head and body back into the birth canal and scrambled to perform a C-section, slicing into Betts before anesthesia kicked in, the complaint said.
During the procedure, Webb "surgically and completely removed" the boy's head from his body, the complaint said.
The doctor then tried to cover up the boy's wounds before handing him over to his parents — though the complaint doesn't say how he did this.
The suit, filed in late September, names Webb and Moore, along with Midwest Maternal & Fetal Medicine Services and Signature Medical Group as defendants.
The couple accused the group of wrongful death and negligence and is seeking unspecified damages.
The hospital was not named in the suit.
None of the defendants have commented on the case.

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
aye-i remember these. fook me. my second was a 12 pounder - luckily, instead of her head ripping off, my pubic bone split open.

1.4 million $ isnt shit. mid wives make mistakes-but ripping heads off innit usually one of them. they'll massage and talk a babby out if it takes days. fucking md's in a hurry to get to the golf course.

this is bullshit

NightMare

My gift to you, a Nightmare of terror
Holy Shit! Talk about an OOPPPPP's moment! Did this doc really think that pushing it back was going to hide the fact that the baby's head came off? And a baby at only 28 weeks would not be big enough to NOT pass through the mother! My daughter was 11 lb's and she was a breeze to have and I am only 5' 1" tall and all of 100lbs soaking wet! I don't know how to react to something like this. Just mind blowing..........

D.N.R.

Medication time
Holy Shit! Talk about an OOPPPPP's moment! Did this doc really think that pushing it back was going to hide the fact that the baby's head came off? And a baby at only 28 weeks would not be big enough to NOT pass through the mother! My daughter was 11 lb's and she was a breeze to have and I am only 5' 1" tall and all of 100lbs soaking wet! I don't know how to react to something like this. Just mind blowing..........
I think something was said about finding out at 28 wks that the baby's abdomen was too large for a vaginal delivery so it had some type of birth defect/illness, not sure if it was still 28 wks at delivery. The fucking incompetent physician should have performed a c-section to begin with. Most 28 weekers weigh around 2 lbs.

Reactions: Sev

NightMare

My gift to you, a Nightmare of terror
I think something was said about finding out at 28 wks that the baby's abdomen was too large for a vaginal delivery so it had some type of birth defect/illness, not sure if it was still 28 wks at delivery. The fucking incompetent physician should have performed a c-section to begin with. Most 28 weekers weigh around 2 lbs.
I know I read that but I still can't wrap my brain around it. At 28 weeks would there really be any part of the baby that would be to big? Even if it were deformed? I guess I just don't understand and I think they need to lock that fucking doctor up for the rest of his or her life for fucking murder!

Back