Bali spider burrows under a guys chest (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
NOTHING tops off a holiday in Bali like discovering there is a spider burrowing under your skin.

Bunbury local Dylan Thomas’ first trip to Bali last weekend was complete with a visit to the Bali International Medical Centre to have a tropical spider pulled out of his stomach.

21-year-old Dylan awoke after a quiet night in his four and a half star hotel room to find a bizarre red trail two inches from his naval and heading upwards.

“It was as if someone had scratched me with the tip of a knife,” he said.

Later that evening, the trail had moved two or three inches higher.

When a concerned Dylan fronted up to the doctors early on Sunday morning, they told him it was a small insect bite, and gave him some antihistamine cream to rub on the red line.

Later that morning he awoke to blisters.

“That’s when it became painful, it was a searing burn,” he said.

He finally saw a dermatologist on Monday, who told him that it was something out of the ordinary.

Doctors extracted a tropical spider that had burrowed itself into the scar from Dylan’s recent appendix removal.

“It was a bit bigger than the size of a match head,” he said.

He has now earnt himself the nickname Spider-man.

“It takes a lot to deter me, but I do feel violated. It was a very bizarre experience just to know something like that was in my body for a couple of days,” Dylan said.

The doctors put the spider in a container and took it away for testing.

Dylan will be informed next week as to what kind of spider made home in his body for three days.

pics: http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...er-aussies-chest/story-fnizu68q-1227092875753

Torque Button

"boo fucking hoo" "Die in a fire"
This user was banned
C71GbFA.jpg

u8Ch0EQ.jpg

Wqf7LzT.jpg

D.O.A.

We are Kings
I've encountered a few people that had their appendix removed and none of them had a vertical scar that long ??

Yes, it's weird. And the scar should be on an other place.

It's the spider path lol, not the scar

21-year-old Dylan awoke after a quiet night in his four and a half star hotel room to find a bizarre red trail two inches from his naval and heading upwards.

hecknatude

What the heck!

Holy shit looked like a surgical scar. If that critter was venomous he would be history. I always wanted to go to Australia but I think I'll pass.

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
Holy shit looked like a surgical scar. If that critter was venomous he would be history. I always wanted to go to Australia but I think I'll pass.
dude, if you read the story, yer questions will be answered....HE WAS IN BALI FFS

McM

ARSELING

Yep, I had read the article too, but the 'scar post' here baffled me.

Wayne Kerr

a fuck off is always acceptable*
This user was banned
its a fake story. sorry.
hudson hongo
This week, news outlets around the world sentenced their readers to indefinite self-detention, subjecting them to the story of a man who found a spider living under his skin while traveling abroad. According to articles by The Telegraph, the Daily News and Buzzfeed, the venomous vagabond tunneled through AustralianDylan Thomas for three goddamn days, until doctors "finally found out it was a tropical spider" and surgically removed it.

Unsurprisingly, experts have disputed the tale seemingly stitched together from Snopes' greatest hits. Speaking to io9 and WAtoday, five different doctors and researchers called bullshit on Thomas' story, most noting that spiders aren't particularly built for burrowing or surviving without air. "n general this is impossible and there is no reason that a spider would do that," said arachnologist Dr. Charles Griswold, reckoning even spiders have enough sense not to try something so dumb.

edited

Last edited:
Back