disaster Biker Ditches Bike Near Collision (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

redninja

Rookie
IMHO I don't think things like this are intentional - probably down to panic and accidentally counter steering too hard on the bars as a preservation response, overloading the front tyre and ditching the bike. I could be wrong though (first time for everything)

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
That was actually rather stupid and a good example why it is not recommended to "lay it down". It didn't do anything to slow him down and he almost ended up sliding under the car. He's just lucky the car wasn't going any slower. All he had to do was slow down and turn to the right. He could have even just kept on driving straight.

Mackerel

Forum Veteran
Who cares about red lights! Don't they say red lights are meant to be broken! Lucky for him, unlucky for us, it would have been much more fun to watch his face smashed against the car.

jdwill

Lurker
IMHO I don't think things like this are intentional - probably down to panic and accidentally counter steering too hard on the bars as a preservation response, overloading the front tyre and ditching the bike. I could be wrong though (first time for everything)
quit overthinking professor, the guy seen the car knew what was coming and ditched the bike. Great choice. Like some one said road rash is
better then dead

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
That looked like a possibility too.

redninja

Rookie
N
quit overthinking professor, the guy seen the car knew what was coming and ditched the bike. Great choice. Like some one said road rash is
better then dead
Nope, don't buy it; I still reckon he panicked and fell off, wasn't a conscious choice. I've come close many a time on a bike and have never once decided in the 0.00001 of a second reaction time to intentionally hurl myself to the floor at 80mph or whatever

Back