accident ~Biker Lost His Leg In Crash~ (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rick James

Libtard in da house bitches!
Hey @Flatus Tube - when someone loses a leg how long does it take for them to die if they don’t tie it off? They have to tie it off to keep the severed femoral artery from killing them, right?

qdeng1

Well Known Member
That amount of blood lose, he is dead anyway someone should just cut his throat and end his suffering.

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
Hey @Flatus Tube - when someone loses a leg how long does it take for them to die if they don’t tie it off? They have to tie it off to keep the severed femoral artery from killing them, right?

There are several factors that affect mortality (rate of death) in traumatic amputations.

Blood clots more easily around ragged, roughly cut or torn blood vessels. Sharp cuts, such as from broken glass, take longer to clot and longer to stop bleeding. Dirt can sometimes aid clotting by providing a matrix for the clotting proteins to bind to. This is why you see soldiers rubbing dirt into injuries in some movies. So a ragged and dirty wound like the one in this video has a better chance of clotting.

It’s also important to consider whether there has been crushing during the amputation, which can almost ‘clamp’ off blood vessels during the injury, thus reducing blood loss. As seen in train wheel or truck crushing injuries in some cases. Heat during these types of injury, particularly a hot train wheel, can cauterise the vessels too.

Then, the position of the amputation is important. Closer to the body means higher volume blood loss as the arteries are bigger. So an above knee amputation has a higher mortality than a below knee. The guy in this video appears to have lost his lower leg at the knee joint itself. So his risk of death is lower. A tourniquet would give him a better chance, but it is possible for someone to live with an injury like that even with a delay in appropriate health care. But the recovery would be longer and very difficult.

Quality of the health care, distance to a hospital etc are the other important factors in recovering from an injury like this whilst retaining a relative quality of life.

I suspect the guy in this video lived, when applying the above factors to the conclusion.

Rick James

Libtard in da house bitches!
There are several factors that affect mortality (rate of death) in traumatic amputations.

Blood clots more easily around ragged, roughly cut or torn blood vessels. Sharp cuts, such as from broken glass, take longer to clot and longer to stop bleeding. Dirt can sometimes aid clotting by providing a matrix for the clotting proteins to bind to. This is why you see soldiers rubbing dirt into injuries in some movies. So a ragged and dirty wound like the one in this video has a better chance of clotting.

It’s also important to consider whether there has been crushing during the amputation, which can almost ‘clamp’ off blood vessels during the injury, thus reducing blood loss. As seen in train wheel or truck crushing injuries in some cases. Heat during these types of injury, particularly a hot train wheel, can cauterise the vessels too.

Then, the position of the amputation is important. Closer to the body means higher volume blood loss as the arteries are bigger. So an above knee amputation has a higher mortality than a below knee. The guy in this video appears to have lost his lower leg at the knee joint itself. So his risk of death is lower. A tourniquet would give him a better chance, but it is possible for someone to live with an injury like that even with a delay in appropriate health care. But the recovery would be longer and very difficult.

Quality of the health care, distance to a hospital etc are the other important factors in recovering from an injury like this whilst retaining a relative quality of life.

I suspect the guy in this video lived, when applying the above factors to the conclusion.
Thanks for the teachings! Btw, I’ve learned that if i ever decide to commit suicide I WILL NOT have a train run over my lower abdomen. I don’t want to have the last couple minutes of my life being me, looking up at people with their cell phones out, in the most uncomfortable few minutes ever. I feel uncomfortable getting in elevators with other people. We are all silent while standing next to one another. I can’t even imagine how uncomfortable I’d feel if everyone is looking at my dismembered body, as I’m waiting to finally die.

Back