animals Bothering the ram (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

-Atlas-

Rookie
As humans, we've spent thousands of years honing skills and rearing livestock.
Then there is china.
I've never been charged by a ram, but common sense tells me, that's the only defense they have....so they are gonna be pretty fuckin good at it... And if I started whacking, or poking one with a piddly wee stick?
Like a bowling ball with pointy bits being smashed into your legs 😬

Ellzibette

Resident Rope Bottom
I know this doesn't look like much, but I can attest to how much getting hit by a ram hurts. Mine almost broke my arm and he is polled (meaning the horns have been bred out of the lineage I have). Even without horns, rams have a double layer of skull....so its like getting whacked with a 300 pound solid pipe. What she should have done is stand right in front of him. Sheep have excellent peripheral vision but piss poor depth perception and cannot see right in front of their noses. Get small and close and they will automatically back up because they cannot see you as well.

Just a tip if you are ever in a pen with an angry ram. I am literally less than half the weight of one of my rams so physically overpowering them is not something I'll ever be able to do.

Harumph

"What, me worry?"
I know this doesn't look like much, but I can attest to how much getting hit by a ram hurts. Mine almost broke my arm and he is polled (meaning the horns have been bred out of the lineage I have). Even without horns, rams have a double layer of skull....so its like getting whacked with a 300 pound solid pipe. What she should have done is stand right in front of him. Sheep have excellent peripheral vision but piss poor depth perception and cannot see right in front of their noses. Get small and close and they will automatically back up because they cannot see you as well.

Just a tip if you are ever in a pen with an angry ram. I am literally less than half the weight of one of my rams so physically overpowering them is not something I'll ever be able to do.
And whatever you do, don't call him Rambro! They really hate that!

Back