accident Crevasse (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
My mother in law used to go out with Joe Simpson who wrote Touching the Void.

During an expedition he fell over an edge, and his partner had to cut their buddy rope as he was going to fall over the edge too. Joe fell down into a crevasse breaking his knee very badly. He managed to crawl his way out and got to safety. Very cool guy, threw amazing parties too.

Knowing his storey first hand makes this video all the more exciting.

ZeroK

SCIENCE AVENGER

During an expedition he fell over an edge, and his partner had to cut their buddy rope as he was going to fall over the edge too. Joe fell down into a crevasse breaking his knee very badly. He managed to crawl his way out and got to safety. Very cool guy, threw amazing parties too.

I read the book. Incredible story. Nobody faulted his partner Yates for cutting Simpson away

Dr Deacon

Lick the Window of Life

Nice connection that. Touching the Void has always been one of my all time favourite books. I have my dog eared copy from the early 90s. I really felt for Simon, thinking he'd killed his mate :tu: 👏

Back