Eatting KFC will lead to Brain Damage

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
Fast food giant Kentucky Fried Chicken was Friday ordered to pay Aus$8 million (£5.1 million) to an Australian girl who suffered severe brain damage and was paralysed after eating a chicken wrap.
Monika Samaan was seven when she suffered salmonella encephalopathy -- a brain injury linked to food poisoning that also left her with a blood infection and septic shock -- in October 2005.
Other family members also fell ill and they claimed Samaan's injuries, which include severe cognitive, motor and speech impairment and spastic quadriplegia, were caused by a "Twister" wrap containing chicken and salad from a Sydney KFC outlet.

The New South Wales Supreme Court ruled in the family's favour a week ago and on Friday ordered KFC to pay the girl Aus$8 million in damages plus legal costs.
In a statement, the family's lawyer George Vlahakis said they were relieved the battle was over.
"Monika's severe brain damage and severe disability has already exhausted the very limited resources of the family," he said.
"Monika is now a big girl and they are finding it increasingly difficult to lift her and to look after her basic needs as well as look after Monika's younger siblings.
"The compensation ordered is very much needed. KFC have to date been determined that Monika does not receive a cent."
Last week KFC said it believed the evidence showed KFC did not cause the tragedy and indicated it will appeal the decision but is yet to do so.
"We feel deeply for Monika and the Samaan family however we also have a responsibility to defend KFC's reputation as a provider of safe, high quality food," KFC Australia's chief corporate affairs officer Sally Glover said.
During the trial, Justice Stephen Rothman said the chicken became contaminated "because of the failure of one or more employees of KFC" to follow proper preparation rules, which he described as "negligent".
 

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
Not truly sure about how long food poisoning can lead to blood infection, but I would think that the girl would have been sick at least a week before it got that severe
 

KG

stalking
Just how did they or could they prove that it was the KFC wrap that made her that sick and gave her the infection? Did she not eat anything before or after that?
 

Decent60

Patient goes beep beep beeeeeeeeeep
Just how did they or could they prove that it was the KFC wrap that made her that sick and gave her the infection? Did she not eat anything before or after that?
Because their whole family got sick after eating there. So it was more than coincidental. still I don't really believe it haha
 

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
Son-Of-A-Bitch!!! My husband is at KFC right NOW getting our dinner!! I'm NOT kidding!!! I don't care, I'm frickin' hungry and I LOVE KFC, so I'm throwing caution to the wind and enjoying my dinner!!!!:p
 
KFC WHAT!
joke1o.gif


We haz to do it like this now!
images (21).jpg
 

D.O.A.

These are great days we're living, bros
I wouldn't eat that shit if you paid me, salmonella and KFC go hand in hand, pretty much eating any place 16 year olds cook chicken is a risk you take

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
 

KG

stalking
I wouldn't eat that shit if you paid me, salmonella and KFC go hand in hand, pretty much eating any place 16 year olds cook chicken is a risk you take

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2


I don't eat there either. I'm anal about chicken anyways. Always afraid it won't be done and I'll die lol
 

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
Well, the clock is ticking!! I have instructed my Husband to see if I fall ill and to take pic's of whatever it is the KFC does to my body, and then to upload them on here for ALL to see!!!:lulz:
 
Top