accident Fell From Ladder & Broke Her Neck (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

djdeeds

Constantly laughing at the world
Fuck. Ladders are killers. My grandmothers father died falling off a ladder right before she was born. My great grandmother fuckin hated us on ladders when we did work on her house. I miss her.
Old people do the craziest shit too. When my Gramps died I went to help clean out the back garage and it was filled with home made ladders and hooked up to home made electrical lighting. The shit he tinkered with amazes me he never died sooner! different era, they lived in such a different world. His home made ladder even had pieces tied on with wire and nails sticking out. Mad respect for the old bastard I never knew him well cos he was not in my life much. He probably would have been the most interesting person to know actually. Yeah I miss my Great Grandma too, I was too young to appreciate her before she died. Now I got older I wish I could go back and visit her and get to know her properly.

Bostonjohn

Rookie
Old people do the craziest shit too. When my Gramps died I went to help clean out the back garage and it was filled with home made ladders and hooked up to home made electrical lighting. The shit he tinkered with amazes me he never died sooner! different era, they lived in such a different world. His home made ladder even had pieces tied on with wire and nails sticking out. Mad respect for the old bastard I never knew him well cos he was not in my life much. He probably would have been the most interesting person to know actually. Yeah I miss my Great Grandma too, I was too young to appreciate her before she died. Now I got older I wish I could go back and visit her and get to know her properly.
Great great gram Fanny came from Scotland in the early 1900s. Great gram and her sister were born in the house and stayed until aunts passing and gram had to go to the nursing home. She passed at 98. The shed in the back used to be the outhouse. She remembered her first toilet, her first light bulb, her father brewed beer in the basement, she would drink the skunked beer with her sister then steal the horse and buggy to go downtown Pascoag lol. She still had the first phone installed in the house with the receiver sticking out of a rotary box attached to the wall.

We definitely need to get as much advice as possible from the elders we have now, and listen to that advice.

Morally-Skewed-Hippo

ReallyJess is my fabulous Fag-hag
Ladders are perfectly fine, so long as you use them correctly, and have someone at the bottom to help hold them steady.

Failing that, if the job is going to take some amount of time, grab some trestle tables and erect yourself a platform to work from. Far more stable.

Or get some actual professionals to do the job - especially if you suspect you might be more stupid than what everyone tells you that are.

Back