accident Fucker lost his hand on the job (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Brother Birt

Bloody Tiddies!
I almost lost my fingers on my left hand once. Was at a factory making generator enclosures when we had to move an entire assembled "house" as we called it. (These things had big ole Cummins generator motors in there that ran on diesel with a sub frame underneath to house the fuel. Ever see a big generator outside of a hospital or a server farm with a Cummins decal on the corner, we probably made it.) We had this gargantuan thing on a strattle lifter like you see at shipyards to move storage crates, and our job was to put it on skates so it could be adjusted as needed by hand if the painters had to move it an inch or two. My hand was under the house when the operator started lowering it and I even got stuck, luckily, one of the spotters told the operator that he was going to remove my fingees he pulled it back up and aside from a cut and some bruising along my digits, I was okay. My supervisor told me if it hadn't been that guy on the combi I would have lost it all because he is the only one who lowers their load with the fine controls instead of just dropping it hard.

Kapitän Ghul'

Like a retard in the night.
How great would it be if the hand that dropped quickly scuttled after them like thing from the Adam's family?
If that happened I would never stop commenting on this thread. It would be the end of the internet for me. In other words I would love it.

Back