Garmsir District on the Helmand Province Border Afghaqnistan (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rastis Jones Jr.

Exhaustipated
3rd_Battalion,_3rd_Marines_-_Afghanistan.jpg
a16_18427871.jpg
marines_patrol_now_zad2.jpg
mauricio_lima07.jpg

1. 3rd Herd on patrol in a small family ville outside the Garmsir District. No room to manuver so its all one at a time sneak and peak. One troop walking eyeballing every nook and cranny the next in line provides security.
2. Our counterparts the 4th Tolai, 2nd Kandak, Helmand ABP/the little dudes aren't to bad and they're scrappy too.
3. The main "street" of the Garmsir district
4. Laundry day with my best bud Mauricio (no account spic!)

Just a quick start. I have to collate and download so much shit, but it's a start. So I'll be adding more in the days to come.

Rastis Jones Jr.

Exhaustipated
I'll comment in order I hope as best as I remember. Some of these photos came from a mate of mine Brit Marine Lcpl. Terry Cooper.

1. A close freakin' call. Nothin' more needs to be said.
2. Winter time view from the deck of a CH-53 Sea Stalion helicopter
3. Hummer's on a mountain pass. Coldest I've ever been.
4. Ajax! Best damn Marine Dog ever. Killed in Action 19 Feb. 2012
5. Father Christmas. Sgt. Walker and if you look hard just over his shoulder you'll see "rastis the red nosed reindeer".
6. Beginning of summer. Sand, heat and nothing else.
7. Fire support. 105 howitzer.
8. Jake and Tigger. One thing that really pissed off every Marine was the way cats and dogs were treated by the locals. Most were killed out right or tortured for some bizzare reason we could never figure out. If you got caught mis-treating animals and no brass was around it earned you a swift ass whippin'.
9. The start of opium season. We make payoffs for the mussies not to grow poppies and they grow it anyway. This was a "Who me?" moment.
10. Poppy Fields. Paid for with U.S. $, so it all burned.
11. Poppy Field 2.
12. Payoff's to the village elders. If you want information or guides or even if you want to give a village medical aid it all has to be ok'd by the elder's and it always includes payoffs.
13. Lucky 13. One of the many, many dog's that was saved by Marine's. Lucky survived an ied attack without a scratch. Cute little bugger too.

Attachments

• almost.jpg
    almost.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 286
  • chilly.jpg
    chilly.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 273
  • cold.jpg
    cold.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Der Hund.jpg
    Der Hund.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 285
  • father christmas.jpg
    father christmas.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 271
  • hot.jpg
    hot.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 268
  • kaboom.jpg
    kaboom.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 270
  • kitty rescue.jpg
    kitty rescue.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 284
  • no it's not our fault.jpg
    no it's not our fault.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 274
  • opium.jpg
    opium.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 264
  • opium2.jpg
    opium2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 258
  • yes, it's free cocksucker.jpg
    yes, it's free cocksucker.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 264
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    635.1 KB · Views: 276

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
This user was banned
Thank you for your service and giving us a small glimpse into what some of your time over there was like. I am very glad that you got to come home safe and get to spend Christmas this year at home with the ones you love and the ones who love you.

Back