George Zimmerman selling the gun he used (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Venom

MCMXXV
Haven't seen this posted on here, saw this in the morning.

LAKE MARY, Fla. — George Zimmerman was set to auction the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin four years ago, he told a Florida TV station.

But mysteriously, when the auction was slated to begin, the weapon vanished from the website, replaced by a note that read, “Sorry, but the item you have requested is no longer in the system.”

Searches for Zimmerman and Trayvon, which earlier Thursday morning had yielded information about the gun and its sale, returned no results.

CNN attempts to reach the auction site were not immediately successful.

Reached via phone, Zimmerman told CNN, “Thanks for the call. I’m not speaking to media right now,” and hung up.

A jury acquitted Zimmerman in the death of Martin, an unarmed African-American teen, after he claimed self-defense.

Since his acquittal in 2013, Zimmerman has made news several times, including an arrest in a domestic violence case.

Prosecutors dropped the charges after his girlfriend refused to cooperate with the investigation.

Zimmerman made headlines again Wednesday, this time for an ad posted on a firearm-auctioning website, GunBroker.

The post listed the weapon purportedly used to kill Martin at a starting bid of $5,000.

“I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American firearm icon,” the post said. “The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012.”

The post bragged about the gun’s popularity, describing it as a “piece of American history.”

But while the auction site said many museums, including the Smithsonian Institution, have “expressed interest in owning and displaying the firearm,” the Washington-based Smithsonian released a statement saying, “We have never expressed interest in collecting George Zimmerman’s firearm, and have no plans to ever collect or display it in any museums.”
In an interview with WOFL-TV in Orlando, Zimmerman said he decided to sell the weapon and move past it.

“I recently received it back from the Department of Justice,” he said. “They took it after my trial, after I was exonerated.”

Zimmerman told the station he has had death threats since he put the gun up for sale.

“What I’ve decided to do is not cower,” he said. “I’m a free American. I can do what I want with my possessions.”

Venom

MCMXXV
It was yanked off gunbroker.com before the auction was about to start
starting price was $5000.00

Venom

MCMXXV
From gunbroker:

The auction—hosted on GunBroker.com—for the 9 mm Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol was set to begin at 11 a.m. EDT Thursday, according to the Associated Press. It would end after 24 hours. The listing ended with the words, in Latin, “If you want peace, prepare for war.”

But the site shut the auction down promptly after it began. “Mr. Zimmerman never contacted anyone at GunBroker.com prior to or after the listing was created and no one at GunBroker.com has any relationship with Zimmerman,” GunBroker.com said in a statement. “Our site rules state that we reserve the right to reject listings at our sole discretion, and have done so with the Zimmerman listing. We want no part in the listing on our web site or in any of the publicity it is receiving.”

Venom

MCMXXV
He relisted it on another website

A spokesperson for unitedgungroup.com says he got in touch with Zimmerman through a mutual friend once the initial listing was removed. He tells us unitedgungroup.com’s stance on the controversial item is if it’s legal, they have no objections and it “comes down to a moral decision for George to do what he wants with his property.”

Venom

MCMXXV
Description :
"The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin," Zimmerman wrote on GunBroker.com before the post was removed. "Many have expressed interest in owning and displaying the firearm including The Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. This is a piece of American History.”

Venom

MCMXXV
In his description of the 9mm pistol on Gunbroker.com,
Zimmerman wrote that he used the gun in self defense and said that the
Justice Department failed in its attempts to "render the firearm
inoperable."

"The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin," he wrote.

"This is a piece of American History. It has been featured in several
publications and in current University text books. Offers to purchase
the Firearm have been received; however, the offers were to use the gun
in a fashion I did not feel comfortable with," he continued. "The
firearm is fully functional as the attempts by the Department of Justice
on behalf of B. Hussein Obama to render the firearm inoperable were
thwarted by my phenomenal Defense Attorney
."

Venom

MCMXXV
Somebody posted this:

9-year old Trayvon Martin was on his way home from choir practice and delivering hot meals to the elderly.
He stopped to hold umbrellas for a Girl Scout Troop which was raising money for quadriplegic AIDS victims in Africa. After he helped the Girl Scouts, he
then delivered 10 Golden Retriever puppies which were breach birth.
That's when George Zimmerman pulled up in his Hummer, on his way home from a White Hispanic KKK meeting. High on meth and shouting racist slogans, GZ saw
TM and opened up with his twin roof-mounted 50 caliber machine guns.
TM saved all the Girl Scouts and then went back to save the Golden Retriever puppies.
GZ ran out of ammunition so he unholstered two Desert Eagle .44 magnum pistols and started firing at the puppies and TM.
That's when TM was hit in the back by 32 rounds of hollow-point, teflon-coated & explosive ammunition.
GZ then called his cop buddies who were at the KKK rally. They cleaned up the site and made the Girl Scouts and Golden Retrievers "disappear" in the
Everglades so there would be no witnesses. They washed the blood from GZ's fangs after he gnawed on TM's still beating heart.

OneSickOne

Kinky as a twisted chain
Hell let him sell it. He owns it and if he can make a dime why not? The bigger question is why anyone would think it was worth more than one you can go buy brand new.

Honest

Hey asshole, quit honkin on the pub floor
Last I heard he was offered 5 grand, guy is a looser, thanks tho looser.

PowerDrill

Recovering Lurker
The other website I hang around in is blowing a huge bitch fit at Zim Zam for this, lol. This guy is the biggest troll in America, big thanks to the media and news pundits for even giving this guy much publicity and avoiding the real issues like black on black shootings, drug trade and contributions to incidents that lead to shit like the shooting. Instead of watching another episode of E News and Good Morning America, try watching an episode of The Wire or a documentary on the war on drugs.

Back