bizarre His last badminton match (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Gutsy

Chinking The Fuck Out
Super Moderator
Chinese teenage badminton player dies after collapsing during tournament in Indonesia

Zhang Zhijie taken ill during a match late on Sunday against Japan's Kazuma Kawano

An "outstanding" 17-year-old Chinese badminton player died of cardiac arrest after collapsing on court during a tournament in Indonesia, officials said on Monday.

Zhang Zhijie was suddenly taken ill during a match late Sunday against Japan's Kazuma Kawano at the Asia Junior Championships in Yogyakarta.

The score was 11-11 in the first game when Zhang fell to the floor between ponts.

he teenager received treatment at the venue and was rushed to hospital by ambulance, but died later that night after repeated efforts to resuscitate him failed.

"Medical conclusions … indicated that the victim experienced sudden cardiac arrest," Broto Happy, spokesman for the Badminton Association of Indonesia (PBSI), told a press conference in Yogyakarta.

Zhang's parents were heading to the city to retrieve his body, he said.

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
Clot Shot strikes again with another young Athlete.

EDIT= why did non of them do CPR on him?

If they had considered one of the most likely reasons for a young and healthy athlete to collapse, Long QT Syndrome, they would have wired him up to a defibrillator immediately and performed CPR as soon as he lost a pulse or stopped breathing.

As he was young and fit, a cardiac arrest is much more survivable if treated quickly and correctly.

I explained Long QT in this thread in a bit more detail…

DaisyPug

Rookie
I just dont see how you people watch this stuff......on an empty stomach. I'm going to Whataburger and will return with a full belly ready for viewing. I'm hungry.

Russellmark11

Mcsnacks
If they had considered one of the most likely reasons for a young and healthy athlete to collapse, Long QT Syndrome, they would have wired him up to a defibrillator immediately and performed CPR as soon as he lost a pulse or stopped breathing.

As he was young and fit, a cardiac arrest is much more survivable if treated quickly and correctly.

I explained Long QT in this thread in a bit more detail…

It's more than likely an undiagnosed heart defect and CPR or a defibrillator won't help the oxygen loss to the brain. Once hypoxic-ischemic brain injury has occurred over half of the survivors have a lower quality of life. When it's caused by a defect in the heart the number rises to almost 90%.

Sonnynerd022

Mr Death
Chinese teenage badminton player dies after collapsing during tournament in Indonesia

Zhang Zhijie taken ill during a match late on Sunday against Japan's Kazuma Kawano

An "outstanding" 17-year-old Chinese badminton player died of cardiac arrest after collapsing on court during a tournament in Indonesia, officials said on Monday.

Zhang Zhijie was suddenly taken ill during a match late Sunday against Japan's Kazuma Kawano at the Asia Junior Championships in Yogyakarta.

The score was 11-11 in the first game when Zhang fell to the floor between ponts.

he teenager received treatment at the venue and was rushed to hospital by ambulance, but died later that night after repeated efforts to resuscitate him failed.

"Medical conclusions … indicated that the victim experienced sudden cardiac arrest," Broto Happy, spokesman for the Badminton Association of Indonesia (PBSI), told a press conference in Yogyakarta.

Zhang's parents were heading to the city to retrieve his body, he said.

View attachment 797109
damn that what a hard game of badminton

Back