HOLY FUKUSHIMA – RADIATION FROM JAPAN IS ALREADY KILLING NORTH AMERICANS (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
Haven't kept up with THugger news. What battles have they fought recently?
Fuck if i know. It was just a generality. The best way i can sum it up is they are too focused on the minutia, as well as stopping short of providing viable solutions. You're not gonna save the planet one person at a time, or one species at a time. Its easy to say stop burning oil, but its quite another to provide an actual viable option. The electric car is a great example, because you cant expect people to use a ton more electric and also stop power plants from being built. Chasing whale boats and dumping paint on people is just feel good foolishness. Their heroes leave some of the largest footprints of anyone on the planet. In fact i think al gore was quoted somewhere saying his private jet is worth the extra fuel being consumed because he flies it around telling people how evil and wasteful they are being. They are counter productive. Double standards and holier than thou bullshit push people away from their agenda.

I'm not going to try to say what they should do, because fuck if i know. I would think an ACTUAL focus on new tech would be the way to go. Focus more on "do" rather than "do not".

Typing all that out was frustrating. In my opinion, the only answer is a massive population reduction.

Reactions: McM

ZenZaku

This user was banned
Fuck if i know. It was just a generality. The best way i can sum it up is they are too focused on the minutia, as well as stopping short of providing viable solutions. You're not gonna save the planet one person at a time, or one species at a time. Its easy to say stop burning oil, but its quite another to provide an actual viable option. The electric car is a great example, because you cant expect people to use a ton more electric and also stop power plants from being built. Chasing whale boats and dumping paint on people is just feel good foolishness. Their heroes leave some of the largest footprints of anyone on the planet. In fact i think al gore was quoted somewhere saying his private jet is worth the extra fuel being consumed because he flies it around telling people how evil and wasteful they are being. They are counter productive. Double standards and holier than thou bullshit push people away from their agenda.

I'm not going to try to say what they should do, because fuck if i know. I would think an ACTUAL focus on new tech would be the way to go. Focus more on "do" rather than "do not".

Typing all that out was frustrating. In my opinion, the only answer is a massive population reduction.
So a new world war would help?

00Unkn0wn

Fresh Meat
Bad new guys, I am close to this place.
reeetthhr.jpg

Fukushima_is_Here_300dpi_2.sized_.jpg

500 people assembled on October 19th on Ocean Beach in San Francisco and formed the letters with their bodies to demonstrate their growing concern about eventual fallout on the west coast. Credit and More Information: FukushimaResponse.org

Radiation Levels Will Concentrate in Pockets at Certain West Coast Locations
An ocean current called the North Pacific Gyre is bringing Japanese radiation to the West Coast of North America:
North_Pacific_Subtropical_Convergence_Zone.jpg

The leg of the Gyre closest to Japan – the Kuroshio current – begins right next to Fukushima:

51997069_japan_currents_464.jpg

While many people assume that the ocean will dilute the Fukushima radiation, a previously-secret 1955 U.S. government report concluded that the ocean may not adequately dilute radiation from nuclear accidents, and there could be “pockets” and “streams” of highly-concentrated radiation.

Physicians for Social Responsibility notes:

An interesting fact for people living on the US west coast is also included in the UNSCEAR [United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation] report: only about 5% of the directly discharged radiation was deposited within a radius of 80 km from the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power station. The rest was distributed in the Pacific Ocean. 3-D simulations have been carried out for the Pacific basin, showing that within 5–6 years, the emissions would reach the North American coastline, with uncertain consequences for food safety and health of the local population.

The University of Hawaii’s International Pacific Research Center created a graphic showing the projected
dispersion of debris from Japan.

Last year, scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory and 3 scientists from the GEOMAR Research Center for Marine Geosciences showed that radiation on the West Coast of North America could end up being 10 times higher than in Japan:

After 10 years the concentrations become nearly homogeneous over the whole Pacific, with higher values in the east, extending along the North American coast with a maximum (~1 × 10−4) off Baja California.

With caution given to the various idealizations (unknown actual oceanic state during release, unknown release area, no biological effects included, see section 3.4), the following conclusions may be drawn. (i) Dilution due to swift horizontal and vertical dispersion in the vicinity of the energetic Kuroshio regime leads to a rapid decrease of radioactivity levels during the first 2 years, with a decline of near-surface peak concentrations to values around 10 Bq m−3 (based on a total input of 10 PBq). The strong lateral dispersion, related to the vigorous eddy fields in the mid-latitude western Pacific, appears significantly under-estimated in the non-eddying (0.5°) model version. (ii) The subsequent pace of dilution is strongly reduced, owing to the eastward advection of the main tracer cloud towards the much less energetic areas of the central and eastern North Pacific. (iii) The magnitude of additional peak radioactivity should drop to values comparable to the pre-Fukushima levels after 6–9 years (i.e. total peak concentrations would then have declined below twice pre-Fukushima levels). (iv) By then the tracer cloud will span almost the entire North Pacific, with peak concentrations off the North American coast an order-of-magnitude higher than in the western Pacific.

Mr_Blonde

Banned
Short Bussed

Actually they are. They don't balance anything. Yes, the Nipponese fucked up. They'll fix the problem however. This is more hyperbole by the anti-nuke power, anti-civilization people.

There was a hotly contested debate on the effects of the hydrogen bomb. Some said the detonation would consume all the oxygen on the planet. Well guess what, we're still breathing. Why? Because they were fucking gay.

We don't know the full extent of the damage, hopefully Tokyo Electric wises up and realizes the gravity of the situation, and begins to concentrate on fixing the situation and not saving their political face.

Reactions: McM

McM

ARSELING
There was a hotly contested debate on the effects of the hydrogen bomb. Some said the detonation would consume all the oxygen on the planet.

I read that in a book about the 'Manhattan Project'. Even some notable members of the developement team weren't sure...
Just to imagine this scenario. :whoa:

Meatcleaver

Fresh Meat
There are so many things bad that are just around the corner waiting to happen it just makes me glad I have gotten to live out most of my life in relative comfort because it wont be long before life becomes very very ugly and people start dying by the millions! And the thing that blows me away about it is most of us know its going to happen and are doing almost nothing to stop it! Short of taking over the government and removing this corporate farse they will continue to lead us down this path of oblivion all for the sake of a very few being very rich!:dead:

Back