Homeless man shot to death by police - video released (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
The Albuquerque Police Department in the state of New Mexico is coming under fire following the release of video footage taken from the helmet-mounted camera of an officer who shot and killed a man earlier this month for camping.

James Boyd, a 38-year-old homeless man thought to be schizophrenic, was shot by the Albuquerque PD on Sunday, March 16 after he became engaged in an hours-long standoff with officers who caught him illegally camping in the Sandi foothills. He was pronounced dead the next day.

http://rt.com/usa/james-boyd-killed-apd-965/

Bethy 🔥

Sometimes life aint fair kiddo..
Super Moderator
Dayum no matter wat our thoughts are on this the fact the guy had a knife in his hand will justify this dirty cops actions everytime?

airdave

Fresh Meat
WAIT A FUCKING SECOND!

This guy stood, picked up his stuff and was starting to leave.
His hands were full with backpack and water bottle.
He wasn't a physical threat at this point.
But the cops still "attack"?

Okay...so maybe he needed to be arrested and they don't want him to flee.

You can see he panics and drops his stuff though...then starts emptying his pockets.
To me it looks like he tries to show his empty pockets
and takes out the (very small) blades to declare them to the cops.
He still doesn't appear threatening and he actually turns to lay down (as instructed)
...when the cops fire a bunch of beanbags at him.

Funny the way the cops make a point of stating (for the video I think) that the knives
are still in his hands. As if they are already attempting to justify their actions.

At this point, guy is clearly incapacitated...but still holding the two blades.
But from this point on I see no indication that he is a threat except for the fact that he
never lets go of the blades. But at no time does he appear even remotely capable of doing
anything with them. In fact, he appears to be dying already. I would say he was not
physically able or conscious enough to do what the poilce were asking.

Had there been only one cop here, I'd say take no chances. Put him down if you have no
other choice. But at least six, well armed, well trained men plus a dog...could have dealt
a lot less force to take this guy in. He didn't need to die.

[I say this with no knowledge of why he was being detained in the first place - I admit]

I'm no cop basher...in fact I support Law enforcement. I think cops are terribly underpaid
and not respected enough for what they do. But I also think there is a serious problem
with the delusion of authority and repeated civil rights violations.

airdave

Fresh Meat
sometimes I think they get ramped up, like the adrenaline has flooded their systems,
and they end up completely out of control. But its the power madness that baffles me.
Although you see it a lot at Border crossings...and those guys aren't really worked up.
I have had so many bad experiences with US customs, its ridiculous.

Snicker

Sickest Bitch
All this police time & effort for a man illegally camping. Why would they even bother their arses in the first place. I've found that a lot of police take that wee bit of authority they have and over-step the mark wherever possible. Bastards. But these guys will go home to their nice lives and say "I was just doing my job". No remorse and no guilt.

airdave

Fresh Meat
is that what this was about? "illegal camping"
and they need a fucking SWAT team. LOL

maybe thats it...maybe they use these types of events as "practice" sessions.

"okay...we got a cat, up a tree. And an old Lady waving an Umbrella at it.
Lets have a 4 man tactical team, 2 observers and one communications officer.
Seal the perimeter....get me flash bangs, automatic rifles, and a battering ram.
On my signal, burn the tree, flatten the cat and disarm the old lady.
By disarm, I mean remove both her arms.
Oh...and bring a bean bag gun too.
anyone got donuts?"

mrln

silent ghost
maybe theyre afraid he would've made a fire and it would've gotten out of control and burn the whole state down because of drought conditions?

Wayne Kerr

a fuck off is always acceptable*
This user was banned
typical. i like how they shoot him, then ask him to put his arms up. when he cant, cos hes been shot, they unload a handful of bean bags into him, then set a dog on him. good job.

Back