Man Cleans Freezer After Moms Death- Finds Baby (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Totentanz

Lurking Lurker
ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – An infant was found dead in a freezer in south St. Louis over the weekend.
Baby found in freezer 1

The man tells News 4 he opened a box that had been in the freezer for as long as he could remember - at least 20 years.
Police said they were called to the home in the 6000 block of Magnolia just before 1 a.m. Sunday for a “suspicious death." While police have not released any further information, a St. Louis man told News 4 he was cleaning out the freezer at his mother's home after she recently died.

Adam Smith told News 4 he opened a box that had been in the freezer for as long as he could remember, at least 20 years, and found the baby wrapped in a pink blanket.
“Who does this? Who absolutely keeps their own child in a box for this long and never talks about,” said Smith.
Smith talked with News 4. Watch our story here.
Smith said he made the discovery after having a conversation about what was in the mysterious box with a family member. He said he was discussing what to do with his mother’s items after she passed away a week ago from cancer.
Baby found in freezer 2

The man found the baby wrapped in a pink blanket.
“This box has been in every freezer, in every home that we lived in for my entire life,” Smith said.
He said his mother Barbara never wanted to talk about what was in the box but Smith always wondered what was inside.
“I grabbed the leg and I pulled it up, and I sort of unraveled and I could see the baby’s head, with hair,” he said.
Smith said he then immediately called police and spoke with detectives.

“The head homicide guy was stumped, he literally looked at me and said, ‘this is a good one,’” said Smith.
Smith told News 4 while police investigate he’s searching for answers.
“I can’t help it to think she might have done something to it,” he said. “I may never get any closure because my mom’s gone.”
An autopsy is being conducted to determine a cause of death.
Anyone with information is being urged to call the Homicide Division at 314-444-5371 or CrimeStoppers at 866-371-8477.

GuyBurton

NewbieX
My wish is for Smith to spoke o so gentle to a Detective. Keep cool and more thoroughly study the principals of two cycle exhaust scavenging.

Totentanz

Lurking Lurker
How does he know who's child this is if it has been a mystery box for 20 years?

A diff article said his mother would once in a while mention that her "other" child would have been "X" years old today. So he knew there was a sister at one point in time.

Can you imagine keeping a dead infant in the fridge and having to see the box you stuffed it in EVERY time you wanted to cook a frozen pizza or microwave meal?
What if the power went out for more than a few days??
That would be a shitty thing in the back of your mind.
Always hoping the babysitter or curious children don't open it while you are on vacation.
Dead baby, the gift that keeps on giving

Guess the son who discovered it was expecting an old piece of her wedding cake.

DrY

Pure Scorpio 🥼🗽🩻🎪✡️💉🐾
A diff article said his mother would once in a while mention that her "other" child would have been "X" years old today. So he knew there was a sister at one point in time.

Can you imagine keeping a dead infant in the fridge and having to see the box you stuffed it in EVERY time you wanted to cook a frozen pizza or microwave meal?
What if the power went out for more than a few days??
That would be a shitty thing in the back of your mind.
Always hoping the babysitter or curious children don't open it while you are on vacation.
Dead baby, the gift that keeps on giving

Guess the son who discovered it was expecting an old piece of her wedding cake.
That’s a lot to carry for 20 years.

Smokinrav

Fucking asshole pot smoker
God damn that house is disgusting. I wouldn't eat a damn thing out of that freezer, much less a 37 year old frozen infant.

Call crimestoppers with more information? Sure!

/ring "Hello, crimestoppers? I'm smokinrav, calling about the decades old baby corpse found in the freezer?
The birthmother put it there.
Is that all you need? Well, you're certainly welcome. Have a nice day"

Ralph666

Human Buzzard
I heard about a Aussie Vet from WW1 who died in the late '90's.
He fought in Gallipoli, when the family cleaned out the house they found a wooden box in the closet, with a Turkish soldiers' dried out head
in it.
The skull had a bullet hole in it..

I wish my grandparents had cool stuff like that when we cleaned out their houses

Back