accident Man Smeared Across Ship's Deck under 305 Tons of Death! (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

badangel7

i'm a cyborg
...and smeared
...and smeared
...and smeared
617897-b502e6777482b15898b47b91ebee2d66_1.gif

macread

Well Known Member
We had a few fatalities and many injuries while I lived on ship in the navy. A NASSCO employee was flattened by an A.C. unit during construction in San Diego and several crush injuries from ordnance during UNREPs in heavy seas. Death is always watching and waiting for someone to fuck up.
I was working on the construction of the Piper Alpha replacement around 1990 and there 4 killed on that within 6 weeks, one had his head crushed just feet from where I was welding but thankfully I was away for a piss at the time and my foreman who was shaking like a leaf had covered him by the time I returned. I guess it's different watching on here and seeing it happen in front of your eyes

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
Fatal accident occurred on May 10, 2014 at Gulf Stream Marine, in Houston, Texas. (USA). The load was a 305-metric ton oil rig blowout preventer and stand. Utilizing two shipboard cranes for this lift, the blowout preventer is lowered into the cargo hold of the ship, where the stand would be welded to the deck to secure it during transit.

A pin in the spreader bar came out of its housing, causing the wire rope to disengage and the load broke free while workers were below. The employee’s legs were severed below his knees. He reportedly survived the injury long enough to say goodbye to his wife.

Demonstrating the lack of safety at this particular facility, Gulf Stream Marine was fined $7,000 (USD).

View attachment 614249
PEEEEEEEEENCH!!!
GOTCHA BITCH!!!
LMAO,🤣🤣🤣...SP
I'm sure the multi-billion dollar company will learn its lesson after paying that $7k fine. XD
Oh 100%
They'd B lucky if that didn't Bankrupt them! Lol,😂...SP

Last edited:

whiteboyopie

Forum Veteran
😟🤔😟🤔😟🤔😟🤔😟🤔😟🤔😟🤔😟

I spent 10 years on ships. I have seen some nasty accidents. 90% due to stupid human choices. The worst is complacency.
I have had quite a few accidents on shore . Complacency .
A number of people here are surprised the worker died from a dual traumatic amputation below the or at the knees.
I almost had to have my entire foot amputated at the ankle do to a very severe multi-bone fractures.
Traumatic amputation is a instant life and death incident. Bleeding , infection and severe shock will kill.

Mortality after below-the-knee amputation ranged from 40% to 82% and after above-the-knee amputation from 40% to 90%. The risk factors for increased mortality included age, renal disease, proximal amputation, and peripheral vascular disease.

yellowbelly83

Forum Veteran
Fatal accident occurred on May 10, 2014 at Gulf Stream Marine, in Houston, Texas. (USA). The load was a 305-metric ton oil rig blowout preventer and stand. Utilizing two shipboard cranes for this lift, the blowout preventer is lowered into the cargo hold of the ship, where the stand would be welded to the deck to secure it during transit.

A pin in the spreader bar came out of its housing, causing the wire rope to disengage and the load broke free while workers were below. The employee’s legs were severed below his knees. He reportedly survived the injury long enough to say goodbye to his wife.

Demonstrating the lack of safety at this particular facility, Gulf Stream Marine was fined $7,000 (USD).

View attachment 614249
They were fined 7000.00 lol I wonder how his families attorneys feel about that.

Elmondo

Forum Veteran

View attachment 614249
Thank God he was wearing a hard hat.

GhostDragon

Rookie

View attachment 614249
Aww man😟 ! I wanted to see the mushy legs 😮‍💨

Lares Deces

Forum Veteran
This is why you stay in school. Educated people usually don't have to fool around with heavy, dangerous shit. Ask the owners of this company.

Back